Official Nashville Predators Thread

Our schedule has been and, apparently still is, brutal. I haven't looked ahead, but it seems every team we play is 1 or 2 in their division. Usually 1.

I thought the Preds outplayed the Blues in the 3rd. There were lucky bounces on both Stl goals, but that's the way it is in hockey. We got a point, and now have to look ahead. The opponents aren't getting any easier.

Preds outshot Blues 21-8 in the 2nd and 3rd period combined. Halak was good.

If we end up playing them in the playoffs, there's going to be alot of overtime played.

He served us well, but he was underperforming this year. Always seemed like a nice guy and a class act. All the best, Smitty....

It looks like we're in the Nash sweepstakes, and it looks like we've offered, Wilson, Ellis, and high picks. Stay tuned.....

Supposedly we have the best offer on the table for Nash, but the problem is that he might not waive his no trade clause to come here. I would think Poile has set an expiration time and if it passes we move to plan B.

Supposedly we have the best offer on the table for Nash, but the problem is that he might not waive his no trade clause to come here. I would think Poile has set an expiration time and if it passes we move to plan B.

No one knows who's on "the list", and no one knows exactly how ironclad it truly is. Nash said earlier in the year that he'd waive to help the team, and no one knows if that sentiment has changed. His agent made a couple of statements last night that didn't shed any more light on the subject.

For what it's worth, the NHL's tampering rules do not apply if the team who holds the contract grants permission to another. For the sake of argument, let's just say that "the list" is ironclad and Nashville isn't on it. It would be possible for Columbus to fax the NHL and Nashville, granting permission for the Predators' front office to talk to either Nash or his agent.

It's possible that Poile has already talked to Suter and Weber, and that they'll both re-sign quickly if Nash is acquired. Poile could then contact Nash and say, "I've got these two guys promising to re-up immediately if you waive to come here."

But there are 20 hours to go, and miles to go before I sleep...it's the final countdown.

It looks like the Rangers are out of the Nash race. The price was to steep it seems. If we truly have the best offer, I can't imagine why he wouldn't come here. It would suck to lose out on him, just because we're not a big market team.

It looks like we're in the Nash sweepstakes, and it looks like we've offered, Wilson, Ellis, and high picks. Stay tuned.....

I would hate to give up Colin but Nash would help us beat our way out of a likely ST.Louis matchup in the first round. Who would we have backing up Rinne if we gave up Ellis?

Most likely Jeremy Smith would be the backup if we moved Lindback (Ellis is a defenseman). I hope wish we could keep from giving up Ellis, but if it means we have a shot at Weber and Suter it's well worth it. My main hope for tomorrow is that we don't overpay for a guy like AK74's big bro. Nash would be amazing, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

I don't know what to suggest. Paul kariya has been here. Dude from Colorado who is my twin was here. You always want to find that piece, but Preds late season pickups haven't done much, have they?

I just can't believe I could watch all kinds of bs on tv thurs and sat but not the Preds.

I don't know what to suggest. Paul kariya has been here. Dude from Colorado who is my twin was here. You always want to find that piece, but Preds late season pickups haven't done much, have they?

I just can't believe I could watch all kinds of bs on tv thurs and sat but not the Preds.

Predators' late-season acquisitions over time.

1998-99 - Dan Keczmer
1999-00 - Pavel Skrbek; Cale Hulse
2000-01 - none
2001-02 - Jere Karalahti
2002-03 - Wade Flaherty; Todd Warriner
2003-04 - Brad Bombardir; Sergei Zholtok; Shane Hnidy
2005-06 - Brendan Witt
2006-07 - Peter Forsberg
2007-08 - Brandon Bochenski; Jan Hlavac
2008-09 - none
2009-10 - Denis Grebeshkov; Dustin Boyd
2010-11 - Mike Fisher
2011-12 - Hal Gill (so far)

Preds get Andrei Kostitsyn for a 2013 2nd rounder and a conditional 5th rounder (from Gill trade)

Nice move. We get a top 6 fwd and don't give up a player. Hopefully AK will be re-energized like his bro was. This may fire up SK as well.

Does that mean no Nash, or still a possibility?

I think the answer could still be yes or no.

I think it's possible still because we still have the pieces we offered: Wilson and picks and Ellis

My initial reaction is that this would be our final move. We have to resign weber and aren't going to spend much over the floor. AK we could resign, Nash, no chance WITH Weber

I think the answer could still be yes or no.

I think it's possible still because we still have the pieces we offered: Wilson and picks and Ellis

My initial reaction is that this would be our final move. We have to resign weber and aren't going to spend much over the floor. AK we could resign, Nash, no chance WITH Weber

Front office has said they are still trying to make moves today. Also, we are no longer a cap floor team. We will be much closer to the cap ceiling than the floor.

Solid pickup, we have plenty of depth scoring now. It looks like Nash wouldn't waive his NTC to come here.

We will be much closer to the cap ceiling than the floor.

Hope you're right. According to commercials I keep seeing on FSS, we ARE going to win the Stanley Cup. So, I'm excited about that, but we'll probably have to spend some $$$ to do it.

VN Store

Back