Official Nashville Predators Thread

There are reasons for doubt but plenty of reason for optimism as well. Obviously losing Suter will hurt alot, you just can't replace a guy like that. But everything else on this team is just fine. We started slow to start last year as the roster was being settled. Once we got the team together, almost the exact team we have now, we went on a great run. Suter and Tootoo are the only guys gone, and Hannon is the only new face. We shouldn't have worry about chemistry. We also had the second best record against western conference teams last year (we only play western conference in the shortened season). If Josi can step up I think this team can do more of what it's been doing, somewhere in the 5-7 range in the conference.

Hard to say, but I don't see this team being bad. It's a matter of if we will continue on from last years success or regress a little bit to the middle of the pack. One thing has been proven true though. It doesn't seem to matter who's on the roster, we're always in the playoff hunt.

Ok I guess I should rephrase. We've only missed 1 time in the last 8 years. I would expect to continue that.

2 Preds make Neil Greenburgs Top 10 breakout players list for 2013

Craig Smith, Nashville Predators
Smith got off to a blazing start, scoring in the first two games of his NHL career and tallying 14 points in his first 15 games, leading many to put him in Calder Trophy talks early in the season. His production waned toward the end of the campaign, but a*quick glance*at rookie forwards since the last lockout who played 70 or more games while sustaining 2.4 shots or more per game indicates there is some major upside for this Predator.

Ryan Ellis, Nashville
Last season, Ryan Ellis saw 1:44 PP TOI per game, but with Ryan Suter (and his 3:44 PP TOI per game) in Minnesota, Ellis could see significant time opposite*Shea Weber*on the Predators' top power-play unit. That could mean a major improvement on his rookie campaign, in which he delivered just 11 points, four of which came during the man advantage.

Hopefully a half season of Preds hockey will be a bright spot in what has otherwise been a miserable athletics season.

Every time I get really interested in hockey they have a strike/lockout. A few years ago i got really interested then they lost the full season. I was really into hockey and the Preds last season then they lose half a season. Now, I couldn't care less. I'm on strike for the remainder of this season. I might come back next season.

Every time I get really interested in hockey they have a strike/lockout. A few years ago i got really interested then they lost the full season. I was really into hockey and the Preds last season then they lose half a season. Now, I couldn't care less. I'm on strike for the remainder of this season. I might come back next season.

Take care.

Don't worry about it.

We'll see you when we are top 5 in the west after about 20 games.

Bye

Hockey is officially back! The Preds open up with two games at home, then they are off on a 7 game road trip. First game is next Saturday against the Blue Jackets.

Just ordered my lower bowl tckets for next Monday against the blues! I'd like to have been able to make the opener, but these tickets were quite a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
Just ordered my lower bowl tckets for next Monday against the blues! I'd like to have been able to make the opener, but these tickets were quite a bit cheaper.

Then you'll miss out on the hanging of the playoff series championship banner.

Free Center Ice until the end of the month, and $50 for the season. Unless you have AT&T, who is the only provider that doesn't carry it.

Thankfully I get plenty of local coverage.

Really? I don't know what that is, but it sounds good. We already get almost every Preds game televised in Knoxville, though.

At least we have the past few years.

VN Store

Back