Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

I love Mexico except for when we're playing them. But it's because I did church service in Mexican communities and love the people and the culture. Just not the fans at Estadio Azteca, that's for sure.

I love Mexico except for when we're playing them. But it's because I did church service in Mexican communities and love the people and the culture. Just not the fans at Estadio Azteca, that's for sure.

When SWAT members have to use riot shields to protect opposing players during corner kicks, you're taking it too far. Mexico I'm looking at you

When SWAT members have to use riot shields to protect opposing players during corner kicks, you're taking it too far. Mexico I'm looking at you

If you think that is bad, you should check out some matches in the Turkish or Greek leagues. They take it above and beyond.

OrlandoCity2012.png

Meet the newest team in the MLS.
Orlando City SC
The Lions
Get to know Orlando City SC, the newest club in Major League Soccer | MLSsoccer.com

20 teams seems like enough for me. I worry about them growing too fast and diluting the on-field product.

I agree, but for example the Brazilian guy who bought the team in Orlando sounds like he is going to bring the best talent from all over the world.

Also happy to see OCSC get an mls side. They've been turning out by the thousands for USL pro for years.

The talent in mls is still going to be diluted between this, NYCFC and the two more expected to follow them in these next few years. The league is going to have to figure out how to attract more top talent, and quickly. At some point that's going to have to include getting New England, Seattle and Vancouver on to better pitches and moving the league schedule to the FIFA calendar. Going to suck how to figure out for New England and Toronto in particular.

Also happy to see OCSC get an mls side. They've been turning out by the thousands for USL pro for years.

The talent in mls is still going to be diluted between this, NYCFC and the two more expected to follow them in these next few years. The league is going to have to figure out how to attract more top talent, and quickly. At some point that's going to have to include getting New England, Seattle and Vancouver on to better pitches and moving the league schedule to the FIFA calendar. Going to suck how to figure out for New England and Toronto in particular.

The USL is a great 2nd tier league, I loved watching the Charleston Battery. Orlando deserves a team way more than Miami. I wouldn't mind starting the schedual to match with Lige MX. Don't need it to be with UEFA

The USL is a great 2nd tier league, I loved watching the Charleston Battery. Orlando deserves a team way more than Miami. I wouldn't mind starting the schedual to match with Lige MX. Don't need it to be with UEFA

That would work too. I think the biggest key is to try and make the CONCACAF CL a premier competition. MLS has alreay gone a bit of the way in awarding extra allocation funding to clubs who get into and progress in that tournament.

I think the next two cities to be awarded MLS sides will be Miami and a second southern city. Raleigh, Charleston and Atlanta are all in that mix. I think any of those three could cut it, not so sure about Miami though, even with the backing of Becks and Lebron.

One story that's sort of getting lost among the mainstream is SKC's rise to the status of a premier pro sports attraction in a city with other multiple major pro teams. Not saying they're on the level with the chiefs, but to this point I think Seattle is the only other city that has been able to make that kind of claim. That bodes well for the rest of the league, especially in a relatively meat and potatoes type of town like KC.

One story that's sort of getting lost among the mainstream is SKC's rise to the status of a premier pro sports attraction in a city with other multiple major pro teams. Not saying they're on the level with the chiefs, but to this point I think Seattle is the only other city that has been able to make that kind of claim. That bodes well for the rest of the league, especially in a relatively meat and potatoes type of town like KC.

Don't forget Montreal with Hockey.

That would work too. I think the biggest key is to try and make the CONCACAF CL a premier competition. MLS has alreay gone a bit of the way in awarding extra allocation funding to clubs who get into and progress in that tournament.

I think the next two cities to be awarded MLS sides will be Miami and a second southern city. Raleigh, Charleston and Atlanta are all in that mix. I think any of those three could cut it, not so sure about Miami though, even with the backing of Becks and Lebron.

I love Charleston and that team, but the city is too small. Raleigh could be a good place, but I think Charlotte would be better. And Atlanta is just like Miami, a horrible sports town.

Good games, RSL. IMO the most complete team in the league. I'll be pulling for ya in the cup final, even though it's going to make it that much worse when Kreis bails for NYCFC

Reactions: 1 person
Tough result. 2 off the post in regulation and Collin (who scored the equalizer) got away with murder on Findley early and should have had 2 yellows.

Tough result. 2 off the post in regulation and Collin (who scored the equalizer) got away with murder on Findley early and should have had 2 yellows.

Tough day for you; great day for me. I never thought I'd watch American futbol over the SEC Championship Game, however, that match had my attention. And, while Collin did get away with murder, that match was very physical and a lot of players, on both sides, got away with a lot. Probably good for the MLS, in terms of bringing in new viewers, that they let them play.

It was poorly officiated both ways. Ref couldn't decide if he wanted a physical match or not. SKC is probably the better team, but I thought we played the better match in regulation (at the very least we made better use of our chances), particularly the second half. Congrats.

It was poorly officiated both ways. Ref couldn't decide if he wanted a physical match or not. SKC is probably the better team, but I thought we played the better match in regulation (at the very least we made better use of our chances), particularly the second half. Congrats.

Might end up at the celebration tomorrow. It's the wife's birthday and we were already planning to have some drinks, some dinner, and some ice-skating down in Crown Center. Well, just across the street, at Union Station, there will be complimentary drinks and appetizers (provided by Boulevard) for the official celebration. Might as well get the free drinks.

Probably a good thing for the sport that SKC won. Bigger market. Zusi has the potential to be a big star, etc.

VN Store

Back