Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

Listened to a Caleb Porter interview on ESPN soccer podcast. Seems like a Butch Jonesesque type coach. Very passionate and has the "it" factor that players are drawn to. I hope he continues to do great things in Portland.

The bar I'm watching at is across from jeld wen field. Getting goosebumps looking at it. Gonna be the most epic game of my life, unless the timbers end up hosting the cup final.

Honestly I think it's just a bad matchup with la. RSL has IMO the best spine in MLS but LA can win on the wings.

I've been really impressed with timbers ability to adapt this season. The first half of the season was all about possession in the middle of the park, but we were able to go up 2-1 in Seattle from turning the pitch and playing the counter. I think we could take LA, RSL would be a daunting matchup for Portland.

Honestly I think it's just a bad matchup with la. RSL has IMO the best spine in MLS but LA can win on the wings.

I've been really impressed with timbers ability to adapt this season. The first half of the season was all about possession in the middle of the park, but we were able to go up 2-1 in Seattle from turning the pitch and playing the counter. I think we could take LA, RSL would be a daunting matchup for Portland.

Let's hope it comes to that.

Me too. The one thing I'll say about matching up with RSL is that I feel like that's when will Johnson is at his most useful, and salt lake just doesn't have a goal scorer of keane's quality

We were lucky yesterday. Keane had 2 great chances and 1 definitely should have been a goal.

Scoring is what RSL struggles with every time I get a chance to see them. D and possession is solid.

Neat.

Vintage USL era:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGAIJxd2Eq8[/youtube]

Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put Seattle on the top!

Good luck to you.

RSL had been winless in 6 home legs in the MLS cup. After 2 went off the post and a disallowed goal I was thinking it wasn't meant to be. Pulled it out, though.

Kliny said he's going to be calling up players who are currently in the middle of the mls cup for friendlies.

Not sure how I feel about it, but then again, Portland is the only team which will be unaffected. Houston, RSL and SKC all have multiple guys that could get the shoulder tap.

Thoughts?

Wow, I'd feel a lot better if it weren't for that 94th minute goal, but it's hard to complain about a 2-goal lead in the aggregate. Kreis used to sandbag the **** out of us, and blow leads, but I think he learned. Should be an intense second leg.

Morales came up big like he so often does, and Findley showed a streak of brilliance I haven't seen from him in years.

Will Johnson's goal was so crisp.

From a logic standpoint, CONCACAF success is good for the US. It's somewhat analogous to Tennessee fans pulling for the SEC, which is silly. However, SEC teams recruit directly against each other. Mexico's success doesn't hurt the USMNT in any way except when it's against us. It actually helps our FIFA rankings for seeding and it's good for the confederation.

VN Store

Back