Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

I was at the official MLS all-star game after party in Park City a couple years back, and 19-year old Freddy was drinking a beer. Think that would fly at an NBA party, with Stern attending?

Colorado is RSL's rival, but I may have more hate for Seattle and Galaxy.

LA Galaxy has Robby Keane who plays for Irish national team so there you go.:thumbsup:

They also have Donovan and I love usmnt but when he wears 10 for la he's a filthy little bastard

Fire is great. I personally put section 8 as the best supporters group in the us behind the timbers army

Public enemy #1 in Salt Lake is definitely Mike Magee. I don't know what it is, but dude rapes RSL. Donovan is an afterthought.

I also would like to kick line judges in the junk from time to time.

I may make myself look foolish but I don't follow mls very closely (just now getting into it and will eventually be a big follower) but this reference escapes me.

Fire is great. I personally put section 8 as the best supporters group in the us behind the timbers army

Are those the guys who always showed up and occupied the same section of Crew Stadium whenever the Fire came to Columbus?

I was impressed when the entire section there for the 2001 MLS Cup... when Chicago didn't make it. They all chanted "We should be here."

I believe that was LA's first cup win.

Last edited:
Timbers front office considering eliminating general admission for the Timbers Army section...

Fast facts:
- The capacity of the section is about 5,000 or so
- Season ticket prices are at about $18/match
- Season ticket waiting list for the Army is about 8,000, estimated at least 5-6 years

I understand they have a business to run, but this same thing has occurred with other franchises, and the loud/raucous sections turn into libraries and the free doughnut crowd. The section is 100% full and singing by 90 minutes prior to kickoff every game because it's general admission, and it gives people that much more time to buy beer.

Sad days if this goes through.

Timbers front office considering eliminating general admission for the Timbers Army section...

Fast facts:
- The capacity of the section is about 5,000 or so
- Season ticket prices are at about $18/match
- Season ticket waiting list for the Army is about 8,000, estimated at least 5-6 years

I understand they have a business to run, but this same thing has occurred with other franchises, and the loud/raucous sections turn into libraries and the free doughnut crowd. The section is 100% full and singing by 90 minutes prior to kickoff every game because it's general admission, and it gives people that much more time to buy beer.

Sad days if this goes through.

Raising ticket prices is a good way to ensure the tickets go to the people that value them most. I find it highly unlikely (though correct me) that all season tickets are sold out, so the people on the wait list for Timber Army are likely people that really belong in that crowd.

Yes, the entire allotment of season tickets are already sold through next season for the whole stadium, but the wait list for the general admission section has a years-long wait list.

Wow! Sounds like they need a bigger stadium.

BTW, A profit maximizing stadium is one you can rarely sell out (obviously price plays a factor, too).

VB is the only one complaining because the rest of us have just stopped coming to this thread. This is the first time I have checked it in a week because of the MLS garbage.

VB is the only one complaining because the rest of us have just stopped coming to this thread. This is the first time I have checked it in a week because of the MLS garbage.

Are you sure it's not because the EPL is on hiatus? The entire NFL forum is pretty dead right now. Hard to believe the EPL fans would be posting away.

There really hasn't been anything of note take place in Europe since the threads were merged. MLS will basically be over by the time Europe really gets back into full swing.

But there was absolutely nothing wrong with having separate threads to begin with. Milo wanted to flex his mod muscles for whatever reason.

It's seriously pointless posting in this thread about Europe because it gets lost in Milo ranting about the MLS. Something he somehow manages to do 24/7.

Transfer window is almost as interesting as the actual season. Can't discuss it though. Europe and MLS have two completely different schedules, thus need to be in separate threads. It's like disgusting the NFL draft in the same thread as the NCAA tournament.

Not really. They are the same sport, and some players even transfer between Euro leagues and MLS.

I do agree that the threads should be unmerged. Getting tired of these whiney Euro soccer snobs turning their nose up at the MLS.

VN Store

Back