Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they do, they are ridiculed and called trolls and their information is mocked.... They get worn down and tired of the constant bombardment... Anyone would...

Boro will not post what he knows because of it, DTO left because of it.... OldVol remains non committed because of it and even when RocktopSC posted some very good information the other day from himself and other boosters, he was ridiculed for posting a screenshot of his conversation and called made fun of for spelling errors..

I DON'T BLAME THEM for being absent

Well said Coasty! None of them owe an anonymous internet Board anything.

Reactions: 2 people
That what people said about Franklin too when he was at Vandy. Mullen would kill it at UT just like Franklin has done at Penn State.

IDK it is hard for me to say that anyone has killed it when you have been there four years and went 7-6 twice, lost the big games in the third year that would have got you in the playoffs and then blew a huge lead in the fourth that may keep you out again

Grude morning!

I think people took MIT's tweets at Currie as bad news, when I think they were actually part of the op. Who knows. Don't think there have been updates from anyone of consequence since last night, but you know how people here need their Xanex. 😉

I guess if someone had all their eggs in MITs basket I could see being down..... but the post before Atlanta Vols last was that he was 65-70% sure of the Gruden deal.... He did not lower those expectations ......... even with his last post

Reactions: 1 person
Indeed it was, and LWS was one saying that in 2012 and now we learn that there were plenty of talks with Gruden then and we came close to landing him :thud:

Exactly...I think Gruden might want the job if he can have the control he wants, and I just don't think UT will let that kind of power go therefore Gruden turns it down in the end.

Coasty, this is a valid question. But no. HearforGrumors said something in one of his posts that drove home to me that he is one of us. I was on the same page as you until I read that. I don't remember what it was now, but I know it instantly dispelled any notion that he was a hired hand. It was something that validated that he was a fan, and not just saying he is.

I agree that he is it not a part of that group of insiders...
But I am pretty sure that he is more than just a fan.

I guess if someone had all their eggs in MITs basket I could see being down..... but the post before Atlanta Vols last was that he was 65-70% sure of the Gruden deal.... He did not lower those expectations ......... even with his last post

Yes. I can see that if you just think MIT was here sharing some news he picked up on the golf course, you would be a little shaken by his tweets.

Does that same person think this is serious now? I would feel more confident if it weren't for Beavers twitter posts. At first I thought they were just a warning shot but it was over the top. Didn't sound like the tweets of someone so educated and learned in human behavior but maybe I'm off base here.

Agreed. After the Twitter posts I'm back to not believing him.

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly...I think Gruden might want the job if he can have the control he wants, and I just don't think UT will let that kind of power go therefore Gruden turns it down in the end.

I am right there with you...... CONTROL is the big battle here, and it is about egos .... Gruden has a big ego but so does Haslam.... I sure hope our Big Ego wins outs lol

Yes. I can see that if you just think MIT was here sharing some news he picked up on the golf course, you would be a little shaken by his tweets.

I have tried to accept everyone as honest, but also tried to be skeptical enough to know that anyone can be a troll.... but because I have taken this view point and have not taken any ones word as gospel I have been able to have what I think is a clear view of things.... If one turns out false I look at the whole.... it doesn't destroy me.

This was never going to happen overnight.... let it play out has been my viewpoint.... Having said that I will always reserve the right to question a post when it seems to contradict a previous one

Reactions: 4 people
Gruden morgen, everyone!

tenor.gif

Reactions: 4 people
When they do, they are ridiculed and called trolls and their information is mocked.... They get worn down and tired of the constant bombardment... Anyone would...

Boro will not post what he knows because of it, DTO left because of it.... OldVol remains non committed because of it and even when RocktopSC posted some very good information the other day from himself and other boosters, he was ridiculed for posting a screenshot of his conversation and called made fun of for spelling errors..

I DON'T BLAME THEM for being absent

Coasty,
I don’t know your age, obviously.
Nunya my bidness.
But, your Mad mag avatar makes me think u r prob not a millennial.
So, if you have a little age on you as I do with our beloved Vols, you are just shaking your head in amazement of how the University that we love can continue to be so incompetent.
Your posts always intrigue me because they are well written.
That makes me think you’ve got some brain cells.
Anyway, what is your best guess (gun to your head kind of thing) answer to these 2 questions.

1: What day will Butch be let go?
2. Who will we get....name up to 3 in order, please.

Thanks, man.
P.s. please don’t let some jerks run you off. This site needs the analysis and Vol devotion that you bring.

my consensus based on what I've read, posted and believe is Butch is 100% gone, all the powers to be are for the most part on the same page and Gruden has been offered. Its up to him to decide if he wants to be the football coach at the University of Tennessee. If he declines, Currie goes to Plan B.

Reactions: 5 people
I agree that he is it not a part of that group of insiders...
But I am pretty sure that he is more than just a fan.

His posts are well timed to encourage those who get down, He is very intelligent and I do believe he is a lawyer.... but like you, I believe he is more than just a fan

Agreed. After the Twitter posts I'm back to not believing him.

In my humble, un-insider opinion, it actually provides the final link in what he's been trying to establish. He is serving as the bridge between Currie and the passionate fans (us). He came here, dropped enough interesting tidbits and established credibility. Then slowly dropped hints of the power struggle. Finally, after getting us all fired up, he connects us with Currie via the tweets. If the tweets are accurate, and I'm assuming they are, then Currie knows the inner struggle is at least part of the public rumor mill even if he's not following VN.

The tweets, even for beav' limited followers, made it to us as he knew they would. Currie knows who beaver is or at least a general who he is. The tweets were also made public to those following Currie, planting seeds of doubt.

Video's of BK playing looking like he has a concussion are all over social media. There has to be something more going on with this. If he played, and staff is at fault, there is no way CBJ is coaching Saturday IMO.

Catching up and the best thing I've read so far was about your son..

Hell yea brother. I know you're proud.

You betcha....sat up watching his practice clips until after midnight. He called me late after a second film session last night. I'm really excited for Saturday....which is more than a lot of people on here get this season.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back