Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about control. They may want what is best for TN but what they think is best has led us to this point today. They approved:

1. Firing of Fulmer: highly debated at the time and mistake in hindsight

2. Hiring of Kiffin: mostly applauded at the time but a mistake in hindsight

3. Hiring of Dooley: a mistake everyone saw at the time

4. Hiring of Hart:...

5. Hiring of Butch: debated and ultimately didn't workout out though he has done some good things like clean-up up the academic stuff

6. Forced Currie hire on everyone: still up for debate

7. Outside of giving money, what positive has their position of power given TN?

Firing of Fulmer was not a mistake. He was done!

The rest is well whatever.

Kiffen would have done well here if the compliance guys could have kept the AA off our backs...

The mistake was hiring Dooley.

Should have made K Brown the interim head coach and then get back on cycle

Reactions: 1 person
If we just ask JG if he wants the job, he will reject it every time. We need to follow the blue print of Mal Moore and have the AD sit outside his house after he's turned us down again. It will take that level of attention and wooing.

It's about control. They may want what is best for TN but what they think is best has led us to this point today.
Ok, what kind of "control"? You and everyone else keeps saying this word without defining what you mean. Specifically how does anyone "lose control" by hiring Gruden?

If everyone is on the same page and Ergen is set on Gruden and willing to pony up the $$$$ then what is the problem. Apparently they aren't on the same page.

According to LWS, Gruden is the problem. As in he doesn't want to coach here or anywhere. Thats his opinion on the matter.

Doesn't match up with AV's info though.

If everyone is on the same page and Ergen is set on Gruden and willing to pony up the $$$$ then what is the problem. Apparently they aren't on the same page.

there is no way they are on the same page due to the fact that Jones is still the damn head coach

I talked to someone that's husband was a very large booster for UT before he passed away and she said that she was told from the main boosters that Butch is finishing the season and that Gruden verbally committed to coach for 4-5 years with Lane as OC/coach in waiting... I'm willing to bet a case of beer that this is true.. because she was the same one that told me Fulmer was gone a month before it happened. You can believe me or not but she doesn't lie.

Would be the most epic HR shot ever.

I have a hard time believing, even as inept as our UTAD has been the past 10 years, that a guy like Bobo would get the job

At some point the madness has to stop

According to LWS, Gruden is the problem. As in he doesn't want to coach here or anywhere. Thats his opinion on the matter.

I do not believe that LWS knows what Gruden's position is. He is speculating and his opinions are based on long held beliefs and allegiances and friendships/

there is no way they are on the same page due to the fact that Jones is still the damn head coach

I can't see them cutting Butch loose until they've got a firm handle on the Kendrick situation. I'm telling you, that could really blow up in the University's face.

Only what I've read on here. I've been a little preoccupied...my son was named the starting QB for his college team tonight, as a freshman. The rest of this crap matters very little to me at the moment. Haven't bothered to check with anybody.

Congratulations, Boro! That’s solid, man....you must be proud!

Did AV say anything today? I missed a bunch today...any cliff notes would be appreciated!

mrmax86's Guide to the Gruden Threads (v0.6.1):
  • [post=14325744]preacherwebb's GIF Posting Guide[/post]
  • [post=14427022]Meet the Haslams[/post] (Not spelled Haslem)
  • Why Gruden will coach here (Need link)
  • [post=14437150]How to multi-quote[/post]
  • Need a summary of the latest goings on? Grand Vol summarizes it all for you every morning, midday, and evening. Check Here to find the latest iteration of "The Grude News"
  • NO POLITICS. Doesn't matter if you voted for Trump, Hillary, Peyton, or Rupert.
  • NO TROLLING. Quit playin’ games with our heart.
  • Everybody be nice, or Freak will boot yer...butt
  • Our Athletic Director is John Currie, not Curry like chicken curry.
  • It's couldn't care less, not could. If you could care less, you would, right?
Please give me your suggestions for additions as well!

I could care less what you add to this 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back