Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this a consensus from numerous supposed "insider postings."

Butch is done..at some point
Gruden is the top target
Connections to UT are apparent
Possibility ESPN is letting him go
Corona endorsement deal may have been a hang up causing Butch to coach this weekend. (More my opinion than insider speak)

Reactions: 1 person

Gruden is the top target
Corona endorsement deal may have been a hang up causing Butch to coach this weekend. (More my opinion than insider speak)

Here's where we are Hawkpilot:

Attachments

• not saying its gruden.jpg
    not saying its gruden.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: 8 people

Gruden is the top target
Does he still have hooters endorsement?

so we know, for sure, absolutely, positively, 100%, that Butch is gone after this game, win or lose?

I have not said that, no. Haven't heard anything contrary, but I've not heard, or predicted that KY is his last game. Other than what Doc has said here. Nothing from my connection.

Heck...I’m only up there when there is politics going on that need to be addressed or folks I need to say hi to. 75% of every game I’m in seats like everyone else. Box is a great tax write off and entertainment piece....nothing more. Worthless game experience IMO

Have to agree with you about boxes. I enjoy the Terrace much better for the indoor/outdoor aspect.

Gruden is the top target
Corona endorsement deal may have been a hang up causing Butch to coach this weekend. (More my opinion than insider speak
)

We must dream it before Gruden does it..-Walt

Reactions: 2 people
Sad sad times. 20% chance of a win at Kentucky is where we are.

Agree it should be a gimme every year for us. With the way our offense performs there is not a gimme left on the schedule. Kentucky is 5-2 I believe and playing for something. Southern Miss is better than Umass by far. Mizzou and Vandy are the closest to us talent wise but by those games the season is basically over.

Still GBO, Beat Kentucky if for no other reason than I want to see what people say when Butch is still here next week because, with all due respect, I would bet a load that he will be on the sidelines next week if we win.

I know this is his last season, no doubt in that. I just cannot understand where people get "He is gone either way". Not logical nor likely at all.

It's fine to be skeptical, but you'll need to do some major Bayesian updating on your Gruden meter if TN wins tonight. Because Butch is gone either way.

vCIkQtc.gif

Have to agree with you about boxes. I enjoy the Terrace much better for the indoor/outdoor aspect.

My kids always get mad when we sit in the box. I am older and love the ability to drink and eat without waiting in a stupid long line (unless ice cream lol) as well as the climate controlled nature of the box.

It is not the game day experience I wanted when I was in my 20s but as I approach 50 it works just fine...

If he is let go after a win I will concede there may be more to it than I think.

Too bad we most likely will never know since I would not give us over a 20% chance of winning this game and that is a stretch.

That is me for sure.... I DO NOT see him being let go after a win.... I hope for a WIN, and if they let him go afterwards ... I will need to re-think this whole thing

Again... just my opinion

Agree it should be a gimme every year for us. With the way our offense performs there is not a gimme left on the schedule. Kentucky is 5-2 I believe and playing for something. Southern Miss is better than Umass by far. Mizzou and Vandy are the closest to us talent wise but by those games the season is basically over.

Still GBO, Beat Kentucky if for no other reason than I want to see what people say when Butch is still here next week because, with all due respect, I would bet a load that he will be on the sidelines next week if we win.

I know this is his last season, no doubt in that. I just cannot understand where people get "He is gone either way". Not logical nor likely at all.

I say that he is gone either way because I believe that he has already negotiated the terms of his exit with the AD. I believe that the exit was/is non-negotiable, but the manner of the exit was chosen from several different options.

I know I’m still “very new” at the post game. But I’d like a few opinions. Let me start by saying I’m sorry if this has been brought up previously.

I truly believe this is CBJ last game. Is it likely that’s because they don’t want a possible “interim embarrassment”? I mean it’s KY so I see it’s possible they wan the creator of this mess(CBJ) to take the embarrassment of a possible “L”. Sound reasonable?

Just to state I’m fully on the Gruden Train. I whole heartedly believe part of it may also be due to ironing out some last minute details.

SOON

IF we beat Kentucky, I believe the exit will be couched in softer terms than a "firing." But I think Butch exits the scene, regardless of a win or loss.

Reactions: 4 people
I say that he is gone either way because I believe that he has already negotiated the terms of his exit with the AD. I believe that the exit was/is non-negotiable, but the manner of the exit was chosen from several different options.

I too believe there has been an agreement for a mutual severance but just do not agree it is set for a certain date after the Kentucky game. We will never know for sure unless we win the game. I do believe he is gone if we lose or we are in big trouble as Vols.

If he is still here after a loss then Currie must be on drugs.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people
I too believe there has been an agreement for a mutual severance but just do not agree it is set for a certain date after the Kentucky game. We will never know for sure unless we win the game. I do believe he is gone if we lose or we are in big trouble as Vols.

If he is still here after a loss then Currie must be on drugs.

giphy.gif

Fair statement. I always want our boys to win, I just think in this case, a win doesn't help Butch's position.

Definitely want this game out of the way.

As many have noted or alluded to, things have moved in a very positive direction over the last 36-48 hours. It was mostly done by mid-week but there have been issues to figure out, that are unique to Gruden and his situation. This has been very different than most searches. The ESPN angle, endorsements and assembling an entire staff, to name a few.

Things are progressing nicely. Still hesitant to give it a 100% yet just because crazier things have happened, but be patient with it in the coming days and weeks.

And for goodness sake, please don't pull for Kentucky today. To do so would be to abandon these players who have given so much. They're fighting for a bowl. I know we may not be satisfied with the Liberty Bowl, but for these kids that's the goal now. Get to a bowl game. I, for one, hope they get it.
Wait! Are you saying Gruden has already assembled his staff?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back