Official Jon Gruden Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we need to take an example from BAMA. Boosters were too involved. Saban demanded total control. The boosters there now are still boosters. But they have 0% influence on Alabama football. Saban is the boss.

I would have no problem giving a coach like Gruden full control of the football program..Let him do what he wants and how he wants it..:twocents:

SOON

:devilsmoke:

Reactions: 1 person
And my point is, and has always been, that regardless of merit, the perception is that we are worse than many. Lowe isn’t making that up for Funzies.

That’s the case for any big program that is going through a historic down period. Ask Alabama before Saban. It’s a good thing, and with a real coach, is a blessing.

I thought the administration had changed when Cheeks was shown the door.

I was wrong... and there's still a war going on the inside over academics and athletics.

No great coach is coming under those conditions and it has nothing to do with fans.

And we have a cheap administration.

To me it seems that it should be easy to separate the 2.

If anything the athletic programs would boost the academic side by increasing admissions and providing more dollars to support that side.

But I'm just an old redneck so wtf do I know? Lol

I agree 100%. Its like ut and everybody associated with the university has enjoyed making money off a brand. A brand that was created by past generations .....Mannings Fulmers Shulars Majors Neylands and so on .
They dont have to fire the 2nd worst HC in Ut history. Fans buy in every new season . Its pathetic.

Again! The guys you are talking about are the Mannings, Fulmers, Haslams(played for Neyland, won a NC) They did in fact build the brand! These are the ones trying to right the ship.

It’s like everyone has a magic formula that will put us back on top. Who’s your pick for the next coach? If he doesn’t win big, does that mean you don’t care? I’d bet the phrase “well you said Butch could get it done here” has been said to several people on the inside.

That ship has sailed. If he was aggressive Jones would already be gone. He is already taking this program to new lows every week he is still here. There isn’t much further to fall. The damage is more or less done, and only gets worse with every new decommitment and transfer.

I agree 100%. That is why I truly believe a deal is done or in the works with Gruden! Too much toxicity on the hill!

#Beaverbeliever#

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back