Official Jon Gruden Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but this guy is claiming he absolutely knows, and just based off claims some are taking it as gospel. Heck, some are getting offended if anyone doubts him. He’s proven nothing, zero, zilch, and until he does, there’s nothing to defend.

I'm not defending him because im skeptical of him too. My only point is people's claims that he is a troll are no different than his claims. No one knows if he's trolling or not but you're right people shouldn't hang on every word like it's gospel.

One positive has come out of all this...the diehard Butch defenders have largely gone dark.

I’ll admit i wanted him to be successfully, hadn’t backed off him until I saw the Florida game. He’s a great guy it seems but we are now putting an embarrassing product on the field. And he has gone deeper into the “butchism” which at this point just make fans mad. Doesn’t have the awareness to change the personnel/playbook on the field, or the press conference playbook as well. There is zero doubt in my mind now. The 2015 season and the first half of 2016 were not flukes.... we have talented players but even they couldn’t overcome bad game day coaching. We fell apart last year with injuries because we didn’t have studs out there to compensate for the complete lack of game day strategy. I see talent on our team this year, and if we can get some decent coaches for once it shouldn’t take more than a year to get back on solid ground.

JAV is a true insider on TOS, he doesn't spew bs and has not been wrong from what I know. He says no go on Gruden, he's not putting out bad info to mess with people like MIT.

Not attacking or defending any poster on here, but there is the possibility that JAV is posting honestly but getting "bad info" from his source as a means of misdirection.

Reactions: 4 people
Nuggs, from what I’ve seen, isn’t giving his opinion on what’s going on. He’s just posting everything he sees out there. Kind of a running update on all things said. It’s not necessarily him saying what’s happening.

Reactions: 2 people
I stopped predicting days ago. I haven't heard anything. The only thing I stated as fact was that Butch is gone, and that was decided after Georgia. Everything pertaining to Gruden sounded positive, but we know how that goes. What we don't know is how many moving parts negotiations with a guy like Gruden entails. 'Bama pursuing Saban went for weeks, with multiple rejections. I've not heard anything positive or negative....I don't think anybody knows anything right now, and that is how Currie wants it. That keeps me positive.

You always calm me down

Reactions: 1 person
JAV is a true insider on TOS, he doesn't spew bs and has not been wrong from what I know. He says no go on Gruden, he's not putting out bad info to mess with people like MIT.

Not doubting he is reporting what he's heard correctly but I'm completely doubtimg his source on this one. Too much smoke. Nothing is adding up to me. You don't bring Brinks Truck money to Gruden, get turned down, and chase Frost. Doesnt make sense thats yoo big of a drop off.

Im not buying it

Butch is never leaving. Currie is the worst. I am totally convinced he's here forever. Why wouldn't he WANT to leave? Oh, yeah. HE STILL HAS SUPPORTERS.

Am I in an alternate universe right now?

I also am starting to worry that Currie is not the evil genius that many on here were led to believe. I also believe that no firm decision has been made about Butch and I seriously wonder whether as much back channel work has been done as we would like.

I hope I am wrong. But, seeing Currie on the sideline yesterday looked like a show of support for Butch. Again, I hope I am wrong because if my assumptions are true, we are going to be in the wilderness for a long time.

IMO, Butch should have been fired 1-2 weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 person
He says Gruden has a signed deal. If so, there is no reason why Butch wouldn't be fired tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. MITs expiration date is coming.

If Gruden is indeed the next coach and it gets announced during the season, I would think it would have to all happen on a Tuesday. No way that gets out right before a MNF telecast.

Not attacking or defending any poster on here, but there is the possibility that JAV is posting honestly but getting "bad info" from his source as a means of misdirection.

So you believe MIT has direct information from either Gruden himself or Currie himself?

Not doubting he is reporting what he's heard correctly but I'm completely doubtimg his source on this one. Too much smoke. Nothing is adding up to me. You don't bring Brinks Truck money to Gruden, get turned down, and chase Frost. Doesnt make sense thats yoo big of a drop off.

Im not buying it

JAV thinks Jimbo Fisher is in the picture

I'm not defending him because im skeptical of him too. My only point is people's claims that he is a troll are no different than his claims. No one knows if he's trolling or not but you're right people shouldn't hang on every word like it's gospel.

Fair point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back