Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
forgot girls!

Father Ted is behind Doctor Who then faulty towers on my fav list

Feck, you're right...

How about this...

FECK! ARSE! DRINK! GRUDEN!!!

Monty Python, Father Ted, and the original British Coupling series are my top three

Everyone should take it easy on the f5 button for a second and let a little cache cache browser magic happen :)

Ive been lurking since Gruden II and this is my first post ever, on any forum. I just enjoy reading and have never really felt like I had anything to add until yesterday. I just got validated to post today. I dont want to claim that I have any inside contacts or info, I just want to share an interesting conversation. I work with a guy in northwest Bama that was a graduate assistant at Bama until he graduated and joined our company last year. He still works for them on recruiting strategies and databases which was his area as a GA and I reckon was pretty good at it. Yeah he wears a nc ring everyday, says they match everything. Most of you probably have no idea how horrible it is to live in southern TN and work in northern AL. Anyways, other than this guy being from Bama he is a good guy and has become a good friend over the last year. Yesterday on our way to lunch he started giving the normal crap about another nc for Bama and I laughed and said "Just wait till Gruden gets here and we'll put a stop to that." His reply is what surprised me. He said "I know, I still cant believe yall actually got him." I told him I was just kidding but I wish it were true and he said "It is true." Naturally I called BS and he said that him and a few others in recruiting were told by Bama they needed them to start work on a strategy to offset the splash on the recruiting trail. I ask if this was something they normally do and he said they develop regional tactics against certain coaches that are doing better in a particular region but in the six years that he had been involved they had never worked on anything on a national level based on one coach. Just thought I would share it for what its worth

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee Sports ‏@SportsNewsTN
According to @TonyBasilio, Jim Mora (UCLA) was 1 phone interview & done. T.B. speculates that #Gruden will be approached again if no Strong.

I think this was bogus or deleted. Can't find it anywhere.

I heard it, only speculation though

Come on guys... Helen just flipped the switch as Clark plugged the Christmas lights back in, that's all...

So if... er WHEN... Gruden becomes our next coach, will he keep Jay Graham? I would hate to lose a VFL that did a great job with our Running Backs this year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back