Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to thank all the OG's for sharing the info with this board..No flaming from me from being wrong b/c we are human and to err is human..I still think the world of you guys and my opinion hasn't changed just because things didn't go our way..That's just life and things don't always go the way we want them to..As I've said before, I enjoyed making new friends..No regrets from me.

+1

Reactions: 1 person
And you and all the other OG's made everyone feel like an idiot if they didn't believe you. Along with all the sheep that followed you. Now who's the idiot?

Who did I call an idiot? I have said all along I'm not here to convince anyone, only to share what I heard.

It didn't pan out. I'm sorry.

Again.....freewill, you have it.

Why trash the OGs ? Who cares if they were 100% or 5% , they didn't make nobody believe them. I always hoped for Gruden just for recruiting more than anything. The only place I was hearing anything about Gruden was here. So I never really thought he was coming here. This thread was fun either way.
But Gruden should of lost a lot of Tn fans respect for him letting his agent make an azz out of Tn. Gruden is nothing but a media whore and he is out for himself.
But Tn has bigger problems now than the OGs . We got another Dooley 2.0 and Tn is no longer revelant. Sad days are ahead.

Who did I call an idiot? I have said all along I'm not here to convince anyone, only to share what I heard.

It didn't pan out. I'm sorry.

Again.....freewill, you have it.

Again, this is such a load of BS. You and all your fellow rumor mongers continually spoke in absolutes. That screams you trying to convince, not sharing information or opinions on "what you were told".

Reactions: 2 people
I wanted gruden, but don't understand how people blame hart or anyone else for gruden saying no. It's like the guy in hs who refuses to believe his girlfriend dumped him. Jon gruden himself said no on mike and mike, his agent even sad we lived in a fantasy land, yet some thought that was cia coverup thst meant he was coming. From the man's own mouth, yet you choose to believe some random message board poster and take their word over gruden? Hart can't force somebody to take a job they DID NOT want. I'm upset, but accept it gruden did't want to be here.

What you need to realize that this was not really about Gruden but about an ideal. This was about the premise that UT deserved better. Deserved better than dooley. Deserved better than Butch Jones. We thought that the UT administration and the major boosters were ready to invest in there football program. It's obvious that they are not.

While many Grudes hoped and prayed it would be Gruden, we were fully ready to get on board with any boom type hire. Instead we find ourselves with another bargain basement hire. This time with no excuse to not take your time and make it right.

So now we are left to flounder for the foreseeable future in the lower half of the SEC.

Gruden 2016

Reactions: 3 people
Do you not realize how stupid that is? You obviously don't choose to believe him, so why would you believe whatever name he gave as his source? There is no way to "prove" anything.

Exactly. So let's hear the source. There should be no reason not to share. What could the harm possibly be?

Basillio just said that Butch Jones was recommended by Jim Tressel and Urban Meyer.

Just like Derek Dooley was recommended to us by Muschamp and Saban.

Great, glad UT is willing to go on the word of a rival.

Basillio just said Jones got 6 years/18 million.

We're paying this guy $3 million a year!!!!!

How is Ohio State a rival? Urban Meyer is not at Florida anymore and Tressell has no reason to mislead us either. Are we on OSU's schedule any time soon? Not throwing stones at you but I think you need a new theory.

Wtf is Dave hart thinking. He does know he will be fired for this?

What does he care? That is the problem with buy outs, he can screw us, get fired, & collect a big fat check. Doesn't matter about getting a future job either because I'm sure the only one he wants is Alabama, & they will applaud him for this!

And you and all the other OG's made everyone feel like an idiot if they didn't believe you. Along with all the sheep that followed you. Now who's the idiot?

Why the f*** are you here? Are you really so small a man that you have to build yourself up by trolling on an internet message board? You're a pathetic, vile, little creature.

And he's here taking his lumps. You idiots who are in here criticizing chose to believe, no one forced you to. Butch Jones being our Coach should speak volumes as to how bad this debacle was screwed up. If you didn't believe, then he owes you nothing and you are here just to troll. This thread provided more excitement than UT football has in five years.

You're wrong. He's on a message board.

I bet he was paid by the owners of this site to drive traffic here and make advertising money.

It is painfully obvious that this hire sends a message to all of college football:

UT is not serious about playing football in the SEC

I don't blame Butch Jones

I blame UT, BOT and the Boosters for allowing this to happen to our once proud and storied program. UT has hired the worst AD's the past 2 times that has zero passion about athletics but 100% passionate on upgrades to buildings and scholar athletes. Like it has been said about Cheek raising the bar on entry for student athletes makes no sense. 500 to 700 student athletes is not going to have that large of an impact on overall GPA for the students at UT.

First let me preface this by saying that I will support the HC of the University of Tennessee, regardless. That being said...

Jimmy Cheek is a huge impediment to Tennessee becoming a nationally competitive football program.

He blocked the hire of Butch Davis. We had a contract drawn around Thanksgiving, just hearing that.

Regardless of how the Butch Jones era turns out (and trust me I hope Coach Jones has all the success in the world), with Jimmy Cheek as Chancellor it will be a more difficult road to success for Tennessee.

The only constant in the past 3/4 years and through 5 different interim and official head coaches (Fulmer/Kiffin/Brown/Dooley/Chaney) has been Jimmy Cheek.

Jimmy Cheek would want UT to be good, not great at football. Keep the program on a long leash, but a leash nonetheless. Unfortunately, that is as much of the reason as anything why Tennessee is at the bottom of the SEC and has been there for 3 years.

Unless he is given less control or removed, the situation is unlikely to change. We may make a bowl game, but that's about the best we can expect. It's difficult to target recruits due to academic bar set too high, and given the opportunity to hire a truly top tier coach in Butch Davis, it was blocked by Jimmy Cheek.

At the least, we missed a huge opportunity to bring a great coach with a great resume.

For any true Vol fan, this should be an outrage. Jimmy Cheek is a constant impediment to the success and development of the The University of Tennessee's Football Program. As long as he is there and in power, this will be so.

Reactions: 5 people
I ONLY opened this thread because many people claimed to know for certain what was going to happen in spite of my personal feeling that it was all a lie.

Boro, you belittled and debased many people who said you were FOS. I would not have come hear to listen to a bunch of daydreamers wish that we were getting Jon Gruden.

Dont treat me like I bought an elixir from a snake oil salesman and its my fault that I spent time here.

And they say personal accountability is dead in this country.

Lol

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel
After all that, Tennessee got a guy they would have been smart to call in the first place. Butch Jones is a star. Knew he'd get big job.

We'll see, Stewie. We'll see.

Interesting that he has that take though. Thanks for posting.

I would be happy if the Gruden's could start a new AD thread and just keep that going until we hired a new one.

Reactions: 6 people
I ONLY opened this thread because many people claimed to know for certain what was going to happen in spite of my personal feeling that it was all a lie.

Boro, you belittled and debased many people who said you were FOS. I would not have come hear to listen to a bunch of daydreamers wish that we were getting Jon Gruden.

Dont treat me like I bought an elixir from a snake oil salesman and its my fault that I spent time here.

I'm sorry you feel that way.....but in no way surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back