Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
and...

Chris Low is reporting that Charlie Strong is a done deal apparently. The deal is rumored to be worth $3.75 million per year.

OMG!!!

If true that is insanity run a muck.

Mora or Shaw would have definitely come to UT for that kind of money and neither university would match that money!!!

attachment.php

I don't really know what to believe...but I'm still hopeful it turns out to be Gruden. If it ends up being Strong, ill be disappointed, but will get behind him just like I did DD. the biggest problem I have is what it will cost to bring Strong here, that's a huge risk due to the PF & DD buyouts and facility upgrades draining our reserves, so it would seem we would be stuck with whoever it ends up being for a long time. I just have to believe that Hart, "boosters", Cheek...all involved know that significance of this hire at this pivotal time at UT and would not "settle" for a risky and/or mediocre hire. Maybe with the resources and support he would get at UT he would make it to the next level but that is yet to be seen and IMO this just isn't the time to "take a chance". I have known Stephen Hargis my whole life and believe what he reported is truth, and his report has been supported 100% by Jay Greeson, the Sports Editor at TFP, who today on Sportstalk again corroborated it and said based on what he KNOWS he wouldn't be surprised if Gruden still ends up at UT. I remember stating that Fulmer should have been offered the AD position and being ridiculed, but I would feel a lot more comfortable right now knowing a man that loves UT as much as I do was the one making the ultimate decision with this hire.

Great post!

You are mistaken. But that is your choice.

What you saw out if me was frustration at being hounded, accused, and called everything but a son of God for the better part of the last 3 months over some information I brought to a fanbased message board. That is all. I lost my cool, and was out of line.

Sorry you see it otherwise.

I called you out for your response in regards to if Strong does become HC. You since responded. If you recall, my point included "if you really meant it" or something of the sort.
I think bailing on the program right now is weak, and will say it to whomever truly thinks that way. I'm glad you don't.

Reactions: 1 person
Funny smartass... I hope you are all right but I think the writing is on the wall.

I mean what evidence is there?

None....EITHER WAY.. Thats why we are in this thread.. Because NOTHING has been announced...and we would be very appreciative if it was tha Gru

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back