Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this misinformation is just insane! Does the UTAD really wanna doe business this way!? I say Gruden is certainly on the table!

yIxFt.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I like the words, let's see what it translates to.

Yeah, it's pretty vague. But he is clear about this...

"I can assure you this will not impede progress on our journey to becoming a Top 25 public research university."

But just says winning "championships" (lowercase mind you) when pertains to football, not national, not SEC, just "championships"...Cheek doesn't demonstrate the intent or commitment to winning at football. Nothing clear, nothing definitive, just "championships" no timetable, nothing.

He's more concerned about being a top 25 public research univ than he is a top 25 football team. Pretty sad state the football program is in. Whomever ends up the next HC is going to have to deal with this situation. If Gruden turned us down, there's no wonder.

Sounds like Jimmy Cheek is a more consumed with academic accomplishment and has little to no interest in maintaining the successful tradition Tennessee has/had at football.

Last edited:
Sh!t!! your right only a day to bad the Mayans predicted Jon Gruden to the vols and not the end of the world!!! It was completley misread I mean who can read something 6,000++ years old. More speculation there than Jon Gruden lol

End of the World to the rest of the SEC.

"I can assure you this will not impede progress on our journey to becoming a Top 25 public research university."

But just says winning championships when pertains to football, not national, not SEC, just "championships"...Cheek doesn't demonstrate the intent commitment to winning at football. He's more concerned about being a top 25 public research univ than he is a top 25 football team. Pretty sad state the football program is in. Whomever ends up the next HC is going to have to deal with this situation. If Gruden turned us down, there's no wonder.

Sounds like Jimmy Cheek is a nerd and has little to no interest in being successful at football.

Jimmy Cheek's best interests are for the UNIVERSITY. Not the football program.

This attitude is why our school system in America sucks.

Reactions: 3 people

But just says winning championships when pertains to football, not national, not SEC, just "championships"...Cheek doesn't demonstrate the intent commitment to winning at football. He's more concerned about being a top 25 public research univ than he is a top 25 football team. Pretty sad state the football program is in. Whomever ends up the next HC is going to have to deal with this situation. If Gruden turned us down, there's no wonder.

Sounds like Jimmy Cheek is a nerd and has little to no interest in being successful at football.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Cheek cares only about making Tennessee a liberal academic dream location.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back