Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Adams ever wrote a kind word about Fulmer when he was HC. I’m sure John’s happy to have him back. Writing constantly snarky, negative drivel is his forte, and Fulmer has always been his favorite subject.

Here's a cute line from that hack re: HIS question on why Currie wasn't allowed to hire 'one of the country's best coaches, Leach' (paraphrased) @ the announcement:

"She also refused to answer relevant questions"...

Adams was like that even back when I was on the Hill, he is always snarky and cynical ... never known him to write anything any other way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Maybe I'm not helping. I just had a vision of Gruden sitting up at home in bed with a laptop and surfing the web to check out the Vol fanbase, reading some of my comments and turning to his wife and going "honey do you think I have a bowl cut?"

Now thats some funny stuff right there

I asked Santa if Gruden was coming. He laughed. I told him Volnation said so and he said “they’re all out of there minds.” He said expect Fulmer to mess it up. TIFWIW

there is no sure thing, ever. But Gruden gives UT the highest probability of odds to rejuvenate and rebuild the program in the shortest amount of time due to his "rock star" status among High School Athletes. In college football vs the NFL, its less about the X's and O's and more about the athletes on the field.

As Fulmer would say, the Jimmy and the Joe's

I do not pretend to be in the know. So take my words with a grain of salt. A close friend of mine is a UT grad and I’d trust him with my check book. Known him since middle school and grew up together. He does business with a mid level booster. He’s told me things in the past surrounding the Gruden hire and his info is from said booster. So this is 3rd hand. He was told yesterday that Gruden is target #1. Did not know about supporting cast for him. He was told the other potential candidates are not necessarily back up plans but they were in the mix if Gruden said no or changed his mind. He says Phil would be patient to wait on Gruden but he ain’t waiting long. Again 3rd hand so believe what you want.

Reactions: 3 people
I do not pretend to be in the know. So take my words with a grain of salt. A close friend of mine is a UT grad and I’d trust him with my check book. Known him since middle school and grew up together. He does business with a mid level booster. He’s told me things in the past surrounding the Gruden hire and his info is from said booster. So this is 3rd hand. He was told yesterday that Gruden is target #1. Did not know about supporting cast for him. He was told the other potential candidates are not necessarily back up plans but they were in the mix if Gruden said no or changed his mind. He says Phil would be patient to wait on Gruden but he ain’t waiting long. Again 3rd hand so believe what you want.

I approve this 3rd hand message.

Reactions: 3 people
Doug Matthews saying Fulmer will hire a head coach who recruits and who will utilize an offense that includes blocking fullback and tight ends.

I caught quite a bit of the radio show CPF did with Doug Mathews aired yesterday (104.5 Nashville). CPF specifically talked about using these lineups in short yardage and goal line situations - which we obviously didn't this season.

If there is no announcement today their wont be until atleast Wed. because Fulmer will be with Peyton Tuesday in New York for the Hall of Fame Ceremonies he already said he would be there for Peyton.

I lived near Teton National Park for a long time, the stupid in tourists is strong there.

We stayed in Teton Village a couple of years ago. First day there we went out to get in the rental car and parked right beside us is a car with knoxville tags & Vol & Lady Vol stickers on it. Being from knoxville it was kinda surreal. That far from home and our neighbors were right beside us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back