Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports that Kelly turned us down are a pretty clear sign that we aren't getting Gruden. JG was clearly our number 1 option, and if we offered Kelly then that means JG turned us down.

We are the joke of CFB thanks to the $hi+$how of an administration that is running things.

Please, stop.

This has been put out for a reason, to make you panic, and it worked.

Coach Jon GRUDEN could b upset we offered Kelly with him already sighned.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Reports that Kelly turned us down are a pretty clear sign that we aren't getting Gruden. JG was clearly our number 1 option, and if we offered Kelly then that means JG turned us down.

We are the joke of CFB thanks to the $hi+$how of an administration that is running things.

Hubbs, Brice, and Trey Wallace all confirmed that Kelly never received an offer

agree about mullen and sexton (or any sexton client really), that's certainly possible. the only thing that would worry me, if i were you, would be the report that currie is going to be meeting with Mullen on friday. i have no idea if it's true, could just be more of the pawns moving around.

either way, while i have certainly defended mullen, i do agree that if currie is swinging for the fences, the only way mullen really gets in play is we pop fly foul balls like 6 or 7 times in a row, and it's time just get on base.

my take at that point would simply be (and this is how i've approached my outlook on mullen from the beginning)...ok, we're on base, now how do we score?:p

as for getting on the train.....i'm on, i just didn't buy a ticket..stowaway in the baggage cart, but i'll be there if the train does in fact pull in to the station....just didn't make the investment some of you have.....:eek:lol:

This is what I meant in my earlier question, Jake. You say that you're on the train, and that you want to be on board when the Gruden train pulls into the station ... and yet you said this, just the day before yesterday:

in Time to Move on From Gruden Talk? thread:

yes, time to move on. kinda wish it'd of never gotten off the ground. it's not been good for us these last two searches. too many dots need connected.....and man is there some effort going in to that..........

but so many are gruden or bust, there's going to be too many folks really upset it's not Gruden, when we're probably going to get a really good coach out of this.....and the "back up plans" some have listed if we don't get gruden....

jeez..."ill take" patterson, peterson, fuente, or franklin. well...duh. so would most anyone...cause those are guys that would be on most's A List.

and i don't think any of those kind of guys are neccessarily all that realistic really. you ask, you find out, if you can get one, you make it happen, yeah...but i don't see any of those getting serious...

so i do agree..the sooner we can move on, the better.

So you want the community to move on from Gruden, but you also want to be on the Gruden train when it pulls into the station.

Seems like worship of the Roman god Janus to me, Jake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
VeazyBurney99 on VQ

"I know for a fact that Condredge Holloway is telling people that the gruden deal is done and will be announced next week. How many here have a source connected to Holloway.

Let's see if this gets deleted."

I know Condredge VERY well, and I HIGHLY recommend that anyone who knows him to NOT call him and inquire about this!!! I'm not about to call him. I don't like getting cursed at during the holidays.

No chance this came out of his mouth....none, zero.

Reactions: 4 people
Just heard a great analogy and I’ll add my spin..

Gruden is like the Red Rider BB gun. It’s something you dream about getting. Nothing compares and any other gift would be a disappointment. But there’s all this outside noise about why you can’t/shouldn’t have it and basically try to temper your expectations.

But we all know what’s under the tree on Christmas morning!

RR.jpg

This is what I meant in my earlier question, Jake. You say that you're on the train, and that you want to be on board when the Gruden train pulls into the station ... and yet you said this, just the day before yesterday:

So you want the community to move on from Gruden, but you also want to be on the Gruden train when it pulls into the station.

Seems like worship of the Roman god Janus, to me Jake.

Man...you laid the trap when you asked and then slammed the jaws shut on his response. Remind me never to make you angry

The silver lining in today's news is the key starting players are all announcing they are returning next year.....soon 😊

I know Condredge VERY well, and I HIGHLY recommend that anyone who knows him to NOT call him and inquire about this!!! I'm not about to call him. I don't like getting cursed at during the holidays.

No chance this came out of his mouth....none, zero.

Thanks CH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back