Official Jon Gruden Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admittedly I'm a newbie around here, and I truly love the tongue-in-cheek humor of the Gruden threads and references.

I just wonder how this place would meltdown if the HIGHLY improbable happened and we actually hired Gruden? Not sure the servers would survive! :)

Not happening though. I had hope after Georgia based on some comments, but now I think we limp along with CBJ until the end of the year, then hire some mid-major coach. Hope I'm wrong, but until there are fewer than 75K people in Neyland, I just don't think the administration will truly 'get it'.

That said.....let the Grudemonium continue! Hey....it's all we have at this point.....

Reactions: 1 person
If the join date is since this series of threads started (two weeks), it's potentially suspect...especially when they all roll in at the same time.

Suspect away Boro. I'm not here to try to "fool" anyone. I don't know a thing other than what my friend said. Which is a reporter with access to all press conferences the program has. That's as detailed as I will get. Other than that I just try to put 2+2 together with the rest of everyone here.

So basically I could come in here say I'm well connected, guarantee Gruden is the next coach, and have a 50/50 chance of being correct.

If I'm wrong no big deal.

If I'm right, you guys will hang on to my every word from here on out. Not much I could do with that power but have some fun trolling.

Reactions: 3 people
Why are the gruden threads not already printed out in book form so we can all relive the former glory that was grudemania? The new upcoming coach search would boost sales tremendously!!! At least until we hire whatshisname from somerandomschool.

A recent join date is suspect, but it doesn’t make them any more or less credible than anybody else on here, especially the OGs who were proven wrong five years ago.

I say let everybody post, and take it all with a grain of salt. I will not believe anything until there is a press conference.

Although I am an OG and was wrong last time and have posted what I was told this time.... I kinda agree with this

Let-be-buyer-beware

I read where Saban got a raise back in July and is now making $11 million +.

Total pay: $8.2 million average including annual bonuses.

Expiration date: 2024 season.

And it comes with a $4 million signing bonus.

Include that lump payment and Saban's pay will be $11.150 million in 2017.

The structure of the deal is different from those in the past. His base pay actually went down from $6.9 million a year to $6.725 million. There are now annual completion bonuses added to the end of every season. He'll make an extra $400,000 the next two years, $800,000 the two after that with the big payout coming after 2021. The contract calls for a $3.6 million bonus for completing that season.

It was one of many contracts approved Tuesday morning, but this one easily supersedes the rest. Saban's contract was last amended in 2014 after Texas' flirtation. He was to be paid $6.9 million a year through the 2021 season in that extension. That made him the second-highest-paid college coach last season behind Jim Harbaugh's $9 million.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back