Official Jon Gruden Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: 1 person
First offer was said to be 10 years hundred million dollars. That 5 million for Gruden and 5 miliion for Asst. I look for Counter offers and said deal to end up around 7 years at 6 million for Gruden and 5 million for Asst. JMO This is not Counting Bonus's

I appreciate your candid post. I guess the problem is finding those people whom I trust. I haven't really been on here long comparatively, and I just started getting really interested in this site this season. So to me, it is all just a cacophony of information, and most of it seems to be misinformation. The problem is, I do not believe that every third poster (yes, that is hyperbole) has some sort of inside scoop as reading threads like these would leave you to believe.

It takes a while to decipher who's FOS, who's simply sharing what they've heard, and who actually knows what they're talking about.

I lurked for probably 2 years before I joined, so all told, 6 years, I guess? There are only a handful of the latter group but just keep in mind, even they get it wrong sometimes.

In fact, an industry source told us yesterday that Gruden-to-Tennessee isn’t dead yet. That source and a source close to the UT athletic department have both told MrSEC.com that Gruden’s monetary demands have dropped a bit over the past few weeks. (In case you’re wondering, while Dooley said Monday that he’d been told by AD Dave Hart that no decision had been made about his future, we’ve learned that staff members close to Dooley already know that the die has indeed been cast.)

From MrSec this morning

I appreciate your candid post. I guess the problem is finding those people whom I trust. I haven't really been on here long comparatively, and I just started getting really interested in this site this season. So to me, it is all just a cacophony of information, and most of it seems to be misinformation. The problem is, I do not believe that every third poster (yes, that is hyperbole) has some sort of inside scoop as reading threads like these would leave you to believe.

There are plenty of people on here FOS. I know several right now, just do not call them out. No upside to doing that. I feel like Boro, SBV, Lex, DTO, Jay, DocVol, GMan are all on the level. Others making assertions about $$$ amounts and such are just doing what everyone else is doing, sharing info they heard without quantifying the origin of the information.

Jay is the only person here I have shared who I am and where I work with, but he can attest to my legitimacy. I do not bring first hand info, but is a very close second hand when I get it. I just haven't gotten any since Gruden said no to an initial offer.

I appreciate your candid post. I guess the problem is finding those people whom I trust. I haven't really been on here long comparatively, and I just started getting really interested in this site this season. So to me, it is all just a cacophony of information, and most of it seems to be misinformation. The problem is, I do not believe that every third poster (yes, that is hyperbole) has some sort of inside scoop as reading threads like these would leave you to believe.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you are in the majority. It is like reading a mystery novel. An occasion suspension of beliefs can make the experience much more pleasant.

One of the sources we spoke with did throw out the caveat that an NFL club approaching Gruden with a bigger pile of money might lead “Chucky” to walk away at the last minute and leave Tennessee weeping at the altar.

This is exactly what Lowe has been reporting on ESPN. Every time someone brings up Gruden, it seems that this is his closing sentence.

The runaway bride has to marry eventually, right?

That is really what bothers me about this. When "real" events have happened, has there been this much noise?

I know there has been similar levels of noise when some events were predicted but never transpired (Randy Shannon), but point to a real event where this many people on Volnation knew the outcome.

Da'Rick Rogers getting the boot? I don't remember this many people knowing before it was announced by the media.

Wilcox leaving? I don't remember this many people knowing until it was announced by the media.

The slew of other coaching changes? I don't remember this many people knowing until it was announced by the media.

Where were all the sources then? In fairness, I just don't get it...

I read about several of those on VN before the media reported them. They were rumors, but they panned out. j/s

In fact, an industry source told us yesterday that Gruden-to-Tennessee isn’t dead yet. That source and a source close to the UT athletic department have both told MrSEC.com that Gruden’s monetary demands have dropped a bit over the past few weeks. (In case you’re wondering, while Dooley said Monday that he’d been told by AD Dave Hart that no decision had been made about his future, we’ve learned that staff members close to Dooley already know that the die has indeed been cast.)

From MrSec this morning

Just posted a page back :p

Eh...this is why most that have info rarely share so on the board. Only you can decide who to trust. I'm not here to get people to trust me. I'm just here to have fun.

Well getting called a liar is not an incentive to do so. Also when people that tell someone info frequent the forum, it is very difficult to give you word that you will not talk about it then post it for the person that gave you the info to see. Its a lose lose situation.

Reactions: 3 people
Well getting called a liar is not an incentive to do so. Also when people that tell someone info frequent the forum, it is very difficult to give you word that you will not talk about it then post it for the person that gave you the info to see. Its a lose lose situation.

Most of the guys in the Gruden thread share infinitely more privately than the day to day banter than you see in this thread.

Well, here we go with our daily elevator down routine...but the sunny side is, the elevator always goes back up!

That is what scares me about this and other similar sites. "Having fun" can be spreading misinformation and watching people scramble...

As the old quote goes: "Trust nothing you hear and only half of what you see..."

Sam Venable: Remember you read it here first » Knoxville News Sentinel

Basically summarizes this portion of the message board. Majority of people saying things have no clue or are regurgitating what someone else has said. Those that know anything won't tell you. Honestly, some of these names being thrown out could easily be agents trying to boost up their clients name for larger contracts or potential jobs. AKA why I keep hearing Fulmer's name at Kentucky. He wants back into coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back