Official Jon Gruden Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIAP.
Pat Martin - "Dereck Dooley derserves everything he is about to get."

I know you could make the arguement of sour grapes but I think it sums up what alot of ppl have said about Dooley being a prick

First post on Volnation and I have throughly enjoyed you crazy Grudenites. I know you guys may be thirsting for all sorts of info, I ran across this tiny bit of information while watching a Gruden video on You Tube. He was talking on the golf course about the timing not right for going back into coaching due to his son being a senior in high school and not wanting to move him at that time. He makes the comment "Maybe a year from now".... It's been a year from then, perhaps the timing is right now?Jon Gruden: Mic'd Up - DaytonFlyers.com - YouTube

Did you hear the very end? 3:40..."I'm trying to get reconnected w/ UT, i've been gone so long." Did I hear that right!

I totally understand what you are saying and see that myself...Guess it's because I am a Vol, and know of Gruden's connection to us, but why do they think he has a reason to want to coach there.

I know they are fans of their school that I understand, but where is the connection to Arkansaw

I can't find a pig connection so I want to think his self expressed love for us is enough to bring him "home". It is hard to get fully in the he is coming camp if you look at the facts. Don't misinterpret that as not buying what the fab five have been saying. I have heard much of the same from my people. Maybe I am just over cautious on this because we have been let down many times.

A packed TB Arena. wild cheers as he is formally introduced ..." Vol fans please welcome Jon Gruuuuu dennn!!" fireworks BAM !!

I had it a while back with the old labels, been too long for me to compare the tastes. I will say that brewers usually don't change the recipe unless they change the name or vintage.

Did you hear the very end? 3:40..."I'm trying to get reconnected w/ UT, i've been gone so long." Did I hear that right!

He said "UD" university of Dayton where he played and graduated from.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't find a pig connection so I want to think his self expressed love for us is enough to bring him "home". It is hard to get fully in the he is coming camp if you look at the facts. Don't misinterpret that as not buying what the fab five have been saying. I have heard much of the same from my people. Maybe I am just over cautious on this because we have been let down many times.

Nothing wrong with being cautious.:thumbsup:

He does say "or down in Knoxville where tailgating is as common as the sea of orange" on a Corona commercial. First time I heard it, a moment of clarity struck my dome.

True dat...but much like us, they live in the glory days of Tom Osbourne. Can't say as I blame them. They were a steam Rollin machine in that era (a la 1998 Orange Bowl), and they do not let me forget it either. There's a difference between an elite 10-2 and a "Meh" 10-2...and they know it.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Taylor Martinez even though his numbers are pretty good this season. If Nebraska wins the Big 10 championship to go 11-2, I'd definitely want Pelini to return for one more season. Martinez will be a senior and I would want to see them make one last run together. Big 10 championship this year... who knows next year?

SIAP.
Pat Martin - "Dereck Dooley derserves everything he is about to get."

I know you could make the arguement of sour grapes but I think it sums up what alot of ppl have said about Dooley being a prick

He didn't even spell his name right?

lol

Do these people even watch college football?

Last I checked, Bama hired Saban from the Dolphins and LSU's position was already filled by Les Miles.

I guess he means they're going to take Sumlin from A&M by waiting for him to go to the NFL and then come back to college.

Gets more and more pathetic by the post. A&M is a much better job then Arkansas and he's in the top ten in the BCS in his first season in the SEC, and oh yea, he beat bammer. A face palm doesn't even do those idiots justice.

Gets more and more pathetic by the post. A&M is a much better job then Arkansas and he's in the top ten in the BCS in his first season in the SEC, and oh yea, he beat bammer. A face palm doesn't even do those idiots justice.

+1,000,000

Dude is in a recruiting hotbed and like you said, he beat Alabama. Not to mention, Manziel is a freshman.

Yeah... let's leave for Arkansas.

Those dummies think Arkansas is too good for Pelini and they'd be disappointed with the hire.

9-4
10-4
10-4
9-4
9-2(currently)

That would be a good hire for them but no, no, no... only the best for them. They're going to hire Chip Kelly, Chris Petersen, Jon Gruden... and they're destined to win multiple championships.

The way some view the status of their program is so ridiculous. Some actually believe it's above Tennessee. At least they have a few sane fans to put them in their place.
How many besides 0 SEC championships have they won in FB?

So whats the latest?

Been away from comp all day.

Read cliff notes but were the Gruden Family and Agent sightings on the level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back