Official Jon Gruden Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I have missed something but don't get all the LWS bashing. Didn't he only say that Gruden was not coming. Its not like he has filp flopped because he is just saying a posible big hire, still no mention of Gruden.

Exactly. Big difference between saying Gruden is a done deal and saying UT is ready to throw big money at a coach. I think Hart wanted to do that all along. Now it sounds as though the mechanism is almost in place for that to happen.

Larry is well respected. Don't understand the angst.

Unfortunately, I agree with this. I had heard Dooley was a Pa'Rick before he was hired. Was hoping that was a rumor. I do think he knows he's done and is doing about the only thing he can "legally" to make it tough on the next guy. We shall see.

Exactly. I really hope its not true and he would be a true professional and finish out with class. But from the sound of it he is a spoiled brat and a complete a$$, so who know's how this plays out. They need to put a stop to him offering scholly's. Honestly they need to make it public that he is gone, and if we lose to Mizzou this week that may just happen.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like by offering these 2* kids he is forcing the next coach to either stick with it or tell them their scholly has been pulled, which doesnt look good on the next Coach. Dooley is acting like a Di%7 if its indeed what he is doing. And after hearing how unliked he is by everyone in the administration and that he is an arrogant a$$ then it doesnt surprise me at all.

If it comes to be true that he has known he is out the door after the season, he really is a d1ck for continuing to offer schollys. Like you say it will put the next coach in a tough position and Dooley has done enough damage for the next coach to have to clean up.

Just another day brutha. This weather and time change is starting to depress me. I need some Gruden in my life to cheer me up! How you doin homey?

I hear you bro. Ready for a weekend ride on the bike. I think things are about to take a turn for the better. It may or may not include Gruden, but any major improvement is welcome, fer shure...

My agenda is a burrito for lunch.

Mmmmm.

Good choice.

Replying to this message because the other thread is dead.

Big names to me would along the lines of Stoops or someone of his name recognition. I don't have a hard fast list but rather just heard there might some biggies coming out on a list but not sure who's on it. Just want the feeling when it does come out that I go, "Hhhmmm, hell ya Vols."

Fair enough. Wish you guys could communicate to each other the way you just did to me

I believe boro is good people and certainly not making up his info. In fact I lean toward his info being spot on except for the DD being already told thing. If he stated that it is his belief he was told that but the importance of that info being correct is irrelevant to the end result I would appreciate his stance on here so much more. His reasoning for sticking by that timeline doesn't add up to me and I hope the accuracy of all that he post doesn't rely on that info being correct.

If it comes to be true that he has known he is out the door after the season, he really is a d1ck for continuing to offer schollys. Like you say it will put the next coach in a tough position and Dooley has done enough damage for the next coach to have to clean up.

That or he hasn't really been fired yet . . .

I think he is trying to get pushed out sooner than later so he can apply for positions bit still get his money. Where is that GIF with him and Chizick?

Good choice.

Replying to this message because the other thread is dead.

Big names to me would along the lines of Stoops or someone of his name recognition. I don't have a hard fast list but rather just heard there might some biggies coming out on a list but not sure who's on it. Just want the feeling when it does come out that I go, "Hhhmmm, hell ya Vols."

I would be happy with Stoops. I've just always been curious about not winning more than he has playing in the Big 12 and bordering Texas. I don't doubt his ability to win here but I get the feeling where he would be like Richt who wins 10 games a lot but never a conference championship or national championship.

Thank The Lord you were there for us all! That was a close one. :) . Please explain why we just offered the 117 th best player in the state of GA when we are supposedly trying to get back to the top in the SEC?

It is pretty simple, we are being killed in recruiting right now due to all the negative recruiting which includes opposing coaches showing our recruits pictures of the rock. In the event that Dooley is still here at the end of the season we will have to fill out a class with these types of players as nobody is going to want to walk into a situation where the head coach appears to be a dead man walking.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If Dooley is indeed done, and I have no reason to doubt anyone's information that he is, then I would think that Hart would put a hold on Recruiting offers until all is worked out. Not saying to not accept one of the high profile guys that have been offered for a while, but new offers should be suspended for a few weeks. JMHO

I hear you bro. Ready for a weekend ride on the bike. I think things are about to take a turn for the better. It may or may not include Gruden, but any major improvement is welcome, fer shure...

Yep, even if Johnny boy turns us down, the fact that the AD is will to open their wallets is great news. Big $$$ means big coach imo. GBO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back