Official Jon Gruden Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that didn't read Basilio's blog today about his little episode with an uptight caller needs to take a look.

Slovnt.

Love the B&W photos.

I used to do some photo back in high school and college but no comparison; could never get that kind of contrast plus the subject matter.... not to mention your gift.... the photos are more than photos.

love the leaf on the swing, the color is perfect - should be n a gallery!

How about seeing this happening on the UT sideline next year?

grudenrefcopy.jpg

Love it...but he really needs to get those teeth whitened! :yes:

Pearly Whites ... Better? :)

slovnt-albums-gruden-picture4238-grudenrefcopy-2.jpg

Yep, like 'em white choppers better. But those were standard issue Big Orange choppers. :)

Reactions: 2 people
Slovnt.

Love the B&W photos.

I used to do some photo back in high school and college but no comparison; could never get that kind of contrast plus the subject matter.... not to mention your gift.... the photos are more than photos.

love the leaf on the swing, the color is perfect - should be n a gallery!

Thanks Patrick. Leaf on the Swing is one of my favorites. Surprisingly not many people purchase that print? I don't hang much of my work in my own home, however, that one has a spot in the den. I just like the simplicity of it.

Reactions: 2 people
My wife commented in the beauty and simplicity of it as well. I would definitely put that in my home!!!!

FYI, my cousin n law runs an orphanage in Indonesia.

Thank you! Life in Haiti puts the election and Gruden in proper perspective for me. However, I still want Gruden 2012! :)

I have been to Haiti 2 or 3 times while in the navy, but it was back in the times of Papa Doc. I would image things are still pretty bad there?

Anyone that didn't read Basilio's blog today about his little episode with an uptight caller needs to take a look.

Very disappointed when I found it to be strictly religion based. I'm religious, but I don't like to read about it when I'm looking for coaching search information.

My wife commented in the beauty and simplicity of it as well. I would definitely put that in my home!!!!

FYI, my cousin n law runs an orphanage in Indonesia.

I truly admire the commitment, patience and dedication it takes to run an orphanage. Not to mention moving from all the comforts we have here.

The wife and I do not feel called to adopt or run an orphanage (at least not now). However, I've definitely been called to use my gift of photography to help educate and share through photographs the Haitian story since the earthquake.

To do what your cousin is doing is truly a calling. Wow!

Definitely hit me tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 person
I have been to Haiti 2 or 3 times while in the navy, but it was back in the times of Papa Doc. I would image things are still pretty bad there?

Papa Doc... Too funny. I've not heard that name in over a year.

Port-Au-Prince is still atrocious by all accounts. Corrupt government and filthy streets, garbage everywhere, etc. For the most part however they love Americans, at least the areas I've worked in. We built 16 x 20' cinder block houses with a tin roof and you would think we were building them a mansion. To them it was a mansion. Thousands upon thousands are still living in tents from the earthquake. This is two years later.

Understand that Goat.

Hey Goat! Joined up here tonight (been lurking for a couple of weeks since Gruden II). Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for the late night humor. The Bigfoot episode last night had me rolling, especially when patti made her impromptu entrance! LOL

Gruden 2012!

Haven't shot film since my Air Force days in Germany ('87-91). I like film but digital is just too convenient and much cheaper. :)

I agree, I'm an old photographer, just sold my last 600 rolls of Verichrome Pan 120 on ebay had it in the freezer for 12 years

Papa Doc... Too funny. I've not heard that name in over a year.

Port-Au-Prince is still atrocious by all accounts. Corrupt government and filthy streets, garbage everywhere, etc. For the most part however they love Americans, at least the areas I've worked in. We built 16 x 20' cinder block houses with a tin roof and you would think we were building them a mansion. To them it was a mansion. Thousands upon thousands are still living in tents from the earthquake. This is two years later.

Looks like things haven't changed much since 1972. Sounds like you did some really rewarding work while you were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back