Official Jon Gruden Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing (if Gruden is hired) I hope Jon would do his hire a college type OC.

I'm worried about the offense. It was so complicated he wouldn't draft a QB to develop. That's a big concern in the college game.

Word is he's been developing his college scheme since leaving the pros. He's been to clinics, and visited successful programs and OC's all over the country. You're not going to see an over complicated Tampa offense.

Word is he's been developing his college scheme since leaving the pros. He's been to clinics, and visited successful programs and OC's all over the country. You're not going to see an over complicated Tampa offense.

Old habits are hard to break.

Getting a college OC to help with the terminology would make me feel more comfortable.

If it doesnt work out then we're up the creek with no lube..that's why i dont want to pay them so much up front. 5 millin is doable, but 7mill which i think would have to be the target...thats pushing it.
I've heard significantly less than 7 mil.

I want saban to stay. I want Gruden
here, and us beat them year in and year
out and crush their soul, and make them fear playing us on even terms. I want to see the camera shifting through the crowd, and see the tears rolling down their pathetic faces as the clock ticks away another bama loss to the VOLS. Screw them, their hopes, their dreams, and their beliefs. We are Tennessee. They are inferior. I want them to experience this while their "savior" still coaches there.

This deserves a slow clap. I want the little troll vanquished, shaking Chucky's hand at midfield after a loss to the Vols and knowing there isn't a thing he can do about it.

I wish i had sources. I dont know who to believe but i'm loving it regardless. If i get my hopes up, ill worry about that another day.

Gruden 2013!

I think that if there was going to be a press conference tomorrow we would have heard about it already. If we don't hear anything by tomorrow night about a press conference Monday I think all the Gruden rumors are busted.

Reactions: 2 people
I think that if there was going to be a press conference tomorrow we would have heard about it already. If we don't hear anything by tomorrow night about a press conference Monday I think all the Gruden rumors are busted.

I could be completely wrong, but when Fulmer was fired, they announced it Sunday night and instead of having the coaches weekly press conference, they had Fulmer's final press conference on Monday.

dude you keep mentioning all these facts.:rtfm: you still holding arent you.. i know you are...

out and crush their soul, and make them fear playing us on even terms. I want to see the camera shifting through the crowd, and see the tears rolling down their pathetic faces as the clock ticks away another bama loss to the VOLS. Screw them, their hopes, their dreams, and their beliefs. We are Tennessee. They are inferior. I want them to experience this while their "savior" still coaches there.

You sir, are the greatest poet I have ever heard.

i didnt like this post because i agree with it. i liked it so you would have as many likes as you do posts. welcome to the board.

Welcome to VN. :hi:

That out of the way I don't agree with your post at all.

Reactions: 1 person

I don't remember how the Fulmer thing was handled. But IMO JMO If you schedule something like that the night before...thennnnnnn isn't that the biggest tip off there is, then therefore would be equivalent of going ahead and telling it that night.

what im saying is, I could understand if it was a thing where they send it out in the morning and call it for the afternoon. I am starting to get severely nervous about whether or not this Sun/Mon thing is true.

If I hear nothing by tomorrow night then I will officially say my week will equal :flush:

Excuse my horrible manners.

Welcome to VN.

Enjoy yourself, and be versed in sarcasm.

What a wonderful sight to behold it will be!

I think at this point, given that only a few can bring any meaningful info to the discussion, we had best adopt the wait and see approach. We can then cease to discuss whos got what, who knows what, who is off topic, etc. and simply discuss...Whats JG gonna do first or Who screwed the pooch when the smoke clears and the conversation can again hold some of the light banter that makes watching the clock tick by bearable.

Going into observation mode for a bit...

The one thing (if Gruden is hired) I hope Jon would do his hire a college type OC.

I'm worried about the offense. It was so complicated he wouldn't draft a QB to develop. That's a big concern in the college game.
That would be one of a few concerns I'd have about Gruden. It would be alongside my concern about his lack of recruiting experience. However, I would hope (and think) that his NFL experience and his Super Bowl ring could do the talking for him. At a program like Tennessee, you want players who want to get to the league, and nobody could get you prepared better than a guy who's won a Super Bowl with the Bucs, and helped to coach the team that he faced in that SB.

Or at least, that's the hope. I still doubt we could actually get him though, although I will be more than happy to be wrong.

That would be one of a few concerns I'd have about Gruden. It would be alongside my concern about his lack of recruiting experience. However, I would hope (and think) that his NFL experience and his Super Bowl ring could do the talking for him. At a program like Tennessee, you want players who want to get to the league, and nobody could get you prepared better than a guy who's won a Super Bowl with the Bucs, and helped to coach the team that he faced in that SB.

Or at least, that's the hope. I still doubt we could actually get him though, although I will be more than happy to be wrong.

He'd pull in top five classes. Hell, he doesn't have to do the heavy lifting. Just be the closer. I'm totally not worried about that.

i didnt like this post because i agree with it. i liked it so you would have as many likes as you do posts. welcome to the board.
Thank you good sir! I have had a VN addiction this week figured i should start joining in on the conversation since its settled a little.

Dude has a superbowl ring and about as much national exposure as any coach alive. Blue chips will be beating down the doors to play for him.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back