Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did 'Boro leave this thread to troll people the last few weeks?

A: No.

Did he ever say Gruden was a 100 percent lock.

A: Not that I ever saw. He specifically said many times he learned from 2012 and wasn't going to say that anything was 100 percent this time.

Don't accuse someone of something then say "well I'm not going to do the work to prove it."

This is the Gruden thread, do as Freak suggested and stay out if you're just coming here to troll posters you don't agree with, which is what a ton of people are doing.
Not trolling but did you see most of the Gruden folks went to the "Neyland 1" thread?

I would like to cordially invite the Gruden Thread Alumni to spend their unused Saturdays next year tailgating and watching 'Boro Junior lead the Maryville College Fighting Scots to victory.

It's been fun folks. Like I've said many times, it didn't have to be Gruden, but they needed to try. This hire doesn't do it for me, so there is no need for me to be invested. I have other things that matter.

All the best!

Hey Boro I live in Maryville!

Reactions: 1 person
The devils rejects is on the tube. Just a thought, did Tennessee sell our souls for a Alabama coach?

Did 'Boro leave this thread to troll people the last few weeks?

A: No.

Did he ever say Gruden was a 100 percent lock.

A: Not that I ever saw. He specifically said many times he learned from 2012 and wasn't going to say that anything was 100 percent this time.

Don't accuse someone of something then say "well I'm not going to do the work to prove it."

This is the Gruden thread, do as Freak suggested and stay out if you're just coming here to troll posters you don't agree with, which is what a ton of people are doing.

I’m not trolling anyone. I’m defending the rights of others who are giving it back to the folks that ridiculed them for daring to question their “insider” information. I haven’t made a single attack on anyone since the Pruitt news broke and the slight you’re (assuming) I made was posed, blatantly, as a question - because I clearly don’t care enough to look. I haven’t taken a ledger of everything every single person has said in these threads, and frankly, that’s not my burden. I’ve never fed false information on these forums when it would be beyond easy to do. I’ve never BS’d sources for likes or e-high fives. The mere implication that others have has been a divisive, borderline ban-worthy train of thought for awhile, and even in the face of everything they’ve said for months being proven 100% false - folks still have to tiptoe around what they truly want to say. It’s embarrassing really.

I’m celebrating our coaching hire, and rolling my eyes at folks acting like the world has ended.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
From 2012 to 2017, these threads were far more about hope and excitement than they were about Jon Gruden. He represented the pinnacle of our coaching dreams. In the end, I think most of us just wanted someone to lead us back to glory. Gruden would have been awesome. But I think all of us would love to see Pruitt lead us to a National Championship in a couple years. Hope springs eternal.

This fanbase -- especially the good people of this forum --changed how college programs conduct coaching searches. That's the real legacy of the Gruden forums. Athletic departments no longer have the luxury of hiring coaches in a vacuum. They must keep their finger on the pulse of their fanbase. We did that and I'm quite proud of it.

To all the idiots who roll in here gloating about Gruden --- you never really understood our passion. So suck it.

200.gif

It's looking like I was dead wrong, but **** it. I'm going to hang around and swing the butt of my rifle until I drop. Tennesseans don't give up, even when it's the right thing to do. Phil jumped in and screwed everything up just when Currie was about to cave in and bend over for Gruden, but it's still not over. Gruden till it ain't!

Born on a hilltop in Tennessee, craziest fans in the land of the free
thought he knew who the coach was going to be, still holding out for coach Chuckeeee
Deerhunter, Forty Seven, Paul Revere of Gruden

It's looking like I was dead wrong, but **** it. I'm going to hang around and swing the butt of my rifle until I drop. Tennesseans don't give up, even when it's the right thing to do. Phil jumped in and screwed everything up just when Currie was about to cave in and bend over for Gruden, but it's still not over. Gruden till it ain't!

thought he knew who the coach was going to be, still holding out for coach Chuckeeee

This is why people make fun of UT fans.

Reactions: 7 people
Best online experience I've had as a Vol fan was in these threads. It wasn't just about getting Gruden or idolizing him. It was for wanting to return excellence to the Hill again and thinking he could be a catalyst for that. Never saw him as a long term coach and wanted a VFL in waiting to replace him when he left.

His notoriety and brand would have brought attention to our program nationwide and with the type of assistants he could have garnered we believe that excellence could have returned quickly.

But that was only the common theme we had. Friendships were made, help asked for and given, in a variety of ways, deaths of loved one were announced and condolences given and so much more. If your contempt without investigation made you revile us then it's your loss. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
T
GBO!!!

Haven't known you all that long but much love to ya Brothers and Sisters of the Gruden threads. I've met the most caring, hilarious, bash!t crazy, mostly intoxicated, Under & over sexed, intelligent, foolish (for putting our hopes in a pipe dream, Twice), absolute best Volunteer fans around the globe. Just think if we all got together to celebrate. Man what a party that would be just imagine all the characters. The thing is that we all respect each other so greatly because we were the ones that believed and wanted the very best coach for this football program to be on Mt. Everest again. To go about our every day lives sportin our ORANGE knowing that we have something NOBODY else has. That passionate VOLUNTEER PRIDE. Well we still have it Grudes. We still want to be GREAT AGAIN! One more time.

GRUDEN TO THE HILL

This is why people make fun of UT fans.

People make fun of UT fans because our leadership is so disjointed it’s cataclysmic in its approach to anything! Specifically the ability to put a product on the field that makes us all proud! Our coffers will suffer as a result, it’s like a brick and mortar store not investing in cloud and mobile ecommerce services! All hail Circuit City!

landscape-1464871404-tyrion-no-got.gif

I feel like I am watching the last episode of Cheers. It’s been fun, gang!

Attachments

• 200w.gif
    200w.gif
    679.7 KB · Views: 325
Your beloved Gruden cares so much he’s led us on twice and “backed out” at the 11th hour both times.

A wimp spoiled brat with no competitive spirit. Coach, the Giants, Bucs, or Browns...m'fer! I won't watch.

Where is that MIT Beaver troll now ?

Gruden is the real troll.
If he wanted this job, he could’ve had it the 17,000 times it was offered to him.
Pruitt is the real deal.
He’s gonna prove alot of people wrong on this thread.

Go Vols

Well Bama fans are hating on Pruitt now wishing failure on him. Maybe the media should start trashing their fans now. I will say Bama fans overwhelmingly did not want him leaving. The know he knows defense, in the SEC that is vital. They fear his recruiting and his connections in bama land and overall. He is young and he is hungry, yes he is from bama but he did go to middle tn for 2 years then he went to bama. He left there and went to Fla St and Georgia. Many thought he was going to take Richt's job at one point. I think he wants to be a head coach and succeed here, sure if he kicks butt he might be wanted by bama in a few years if Saban leaves. If that happens, at that point it's not a bad thing because Fulmer will have proved he was right and the next hire will be easier. He can recruit, he is going to have a good defense. They key is a great OC and a super solid staff. If he gets that, I believe he can and will win. I am a 4 hour drive and don't make but a game or 2 a year at most anyway. The eye test will tell me if I make the drive or not. I give him the first year, after that steady improvement will be expected for me to keep supporting the hire. I like his youth and his toughness, and if he had the guts to leave at 43 to jump into the fire I am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But they are all on the clock, from the administration to Fulmer to Pruitt. But I will support Pruitt, my leash is short and I will continue to and hope others keep the voice directed at future administration decisions. That is the way we keep things moving in a good direction is not let them run and hide no more. One last thing to UT administration, GET A PROFESSIONAL PUBLIC RELATIONS team for the love of humanity. Stay in touch with your fan base and supporters, you have been the problem and you need to get on the same freakin page.

From 2012 to 2017, these threads were far more about hope and excitement than they were about Jon Gruden. He represented the pinnacle of our coaching dreams. In the end, I think most of us just wanted someone to lead us back to glory. Gruden would have been awesome. But I think all of us would love to see Pruitt lead us to a National Championship in a couple years. Hope springs eternal.

This fanbase -- especially the good people of this forum --changed how college programs conduct coaching searches. That's the real legacy of the Gruden forums. Athletic departments no longer have the luxury of hiring coaches in a vacuum. They must keep their finger on the pulse of their fanbase. We did that and I'm quite proud of it.

To all the idiots who roll in here gloating about Gruden --- you never really understood our passion. So suck it.

You got a much better chance with a proven SEC coach getting a shot at a natty than a brat you can't please. Best be thankful we got a coach the calibre of Pruitt. He'll bolt back to bama maybe in 5 yrs. or they'll payout the yang-yang to get him back before then. We just stole Bama's future and that's a win already and may raid their recruits as well as a few others. Damn sure is hard to please some folks.

Bama fans aren't happy. They loved him, by and large they say he can flat out coach and recruit. Now many of them hate him. No matter what Phil has a way of getting bama, if this works he will have totally got into their heads. Just have to put together a monster staff. GBO!

This is the way the Gruden Threads End.
Not with a Bang but a Whimper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back