Official Jon Gruden Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I disappointed that we didn’t get Gruden? D*** right I am, but I’m not going to give up on this program. UT football is in my blood, and it’s in the blood of all of us. I guarantee you that you’ll begin to rationalize this hire, and when it’s spring time you’ll be all in and ready to go come fall.

For all of you people who have given up, feel free to give me your contact information and I’ll gladly take your tickets off your hands. Going to these games is always one of the best times of my life. That includes you, Boro.

Reactions: 1 person
I would like to cordially invite the Gruden Thread Alumni to spend their unused Saturdays next year tailgating and watching 'Boro Junior lead the Maryville College Fighting Scots to victory.

It's been fun folks. Like I've said many times, it didn't have to be Gruden, but they needed to try. This hire doesn't do it for me, so there is no need for me to be invested. I have other things that matter.

All the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: 26 people
Had to drive to Bowling Green on business this evening.

Looks like I missed all the fun.

So Pruitt is it huh?

Not sure how to feel about that.

Beav, no hard feelings towards you or anyone that brought info, not even the trolls.

It's part of being on a message board.

Wish it was Gruden and I'll hope it is until they introduce someone else.

Soon..

Ps.. what's with you you little whiny *****es in here? Take your ball and go home. Maybe mommy has some cookies and milk for her little man. She will it ALL better.

Reactions: 3 people
I believe everything you said was accurate. Some things just aren’t meant to be. If not for Currie and Haslam it may have been different. Still a legend in my opinion.
Eddie-Murphy-A-Ok-Reaction.gif

Thanks y’all for the friendship and the fun. This thread has really been a joy for me and got me through a rough patch. It’s bittersweet to see it end. Catch y’all in the new thread.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Ultimately the staff that comes out of this will be the determining factor in the success of this hire. In fact any hire needs a great staff, and given the fact that he has never been a head coach only magnifies that.

Two comments I’ve seen out there:

If I can support Butch I can support Pruitt

and

Pretty good considereing where we were two weeks ago.

Who the f are we? Seriously? Conditioned freaking losers. We now have a fan base with a majority loser attitude.

Reactions: 3 people
I would like to cordially invite the Gruden Thread Alumni to spend their unused Saturdays next tailgating and watching 'Boro Junior lead the Maryville College Fighting Scots to victory.

It's been fun folks. Like I've said many times, it didn't have to be Gruden, but they needed to try. This hire doesn't do it for me, so there is no need for me to be invested. I have other things that matter.

All the best!

Not a true fan.

Reactions: 5 people
I would like to cordially invite the Gruden Thread Alumni to spend their unused Saturdays next tailgating and watching 'Boro Junior lead the Maryville College Fighting Scots to victory.

All the best!

No take-backs.

Reactions: 2 people

All the best!

Attachments

• P7ssEJt.jpg
    P7ssEJt.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 385
Reactions: 10 people
I am here to face the music.We all wanted and worked hard for Gruden but didn’t get it done. If you need to yell or insult me then get it out now. As I said, I will still honor the golf and party next year.

Going to pop my cherry and have to say thank you for everything you were set out to do. Unfortunately I will not be able to make the golf/party next fall because I will not be attending a game. Sad to see all we worked for was to hire yet another unproven coach, who is a full-blooded bammer nonetheless.

I have truly enjoyed the past couple of months, I think, followed everything as soon as I learned about the thread. Joined around the time EB4H tried to pull off the text thing and preacherwebb (sorry for your loss) learning to post gifs.

It's been fun. Thanks for the countless hours, wish the vols the best, just feel like it's not the splash we needed.

All the best!

Thank you Boro. I think that would be awesome! Maryville won't know what hit them!! Good luck to your son. Hope his rehab is going well and he's ready to roll next season!

Reactions: 1 person

All the best!

Orange and Garnet! (but VOLS first!). Good luck to your son, MC is a great college. I have spent countless hours on that campus, mostly in the woods riding bikes and (long ago) having firework wars.

I'm telling you though...those smokestacks ARE haunted.

I had been unemployed for 5 months when Thread 17 got started. I had not interviewed or had a phone call about a job for 2 months and I had started suffering from depression. Threads 17-22 (and GOD) helped get me through those dark days. I'm working now, making good money, and I'm happy with my life. I really appreciate the ones that came in here and kept in lite and fun. I've not added much to the conversations, but I felt like I belonged in here. I also tried to keep the trolls out because I believe there are other posters that came in here to focus on something other than whatever is wrong in their life. There are a lot of special folks in here and I've had a great time with all of you.

***Last thing, I really hate bama and I'm having a hard time believing this crap. I hope there is plenty of Orange on the coaching staff because there's not any left in the AD's office. Hang in there Vol Nation.

GO BIG ORANGE

POSSUM OUT

Hear hear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back