Official Jon Gruden Thread 35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone try to explain to non-volnationers why we're getting gruden using volnation info and then realize there is just no possible way to explain to them the magic of this website?

I feel like I'm in one of those detective rooms with pictures and maps and strings of yarn going everywhere

I don't even act like I think we're getting him. I just say "I don't know who we're getting, but I hope it's somebody good." Except my dad. We talk about it. But I have to do it so he doesn't know I'm on Volnation. lol

Reactions: 7 people
Hargis said he'd give it at least a 1 in 3 chance for Gruden. He says he thinks they are still negotiating. He says it's closer to reality than 5 years ago.

from orangepill post..."refused to use the name Gruden"

Yeah, a member of the BOT sat there at lunch and divulged every possible detail but god forbid he use the word, 'gruden'.

Do some of you guys not possess a bullsh^t detector at all?

Reactions: 6 people
hell, if i'm patterson and any of the courtship of gruden is true, why the hell should is sit around waiting and playing second fiddle? So much bs about gruden. If this guy wanted to be here, he'd have been announced by now. The writing was on the wall for butch weeks ago. Currie could have and would have had all these details worked out well in advance since gruden isn't actively coaching a team. This is nothing but pure fantasy and rumor. Hope and pray currie has made his choice from among the real candidates and is pursuing him and selling him on this job. Making him feel and know that he's our number one and only choice. The idea a top coach would be content as a backup option is silly. All these guys have huge egos. No way they'll sit and wait on ut to go through a courtship with gruden. Plain sick of all the grumor nonsense. Just ridiculous.

gtfo

Because it don't fit certain people's agenda

a68134e6978f88305c7f3fe9caebaeaf.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Hargis also said one of his sources, who I believe he said was a coach contacted by Gruden to gauge interest in joining his staff, said he would give Hargis an update on the Gruden front tonight.

Hargis put the odds at 3:1. Said it is possible, but that many, many things have to be worked out if it were to happen. Then again, he thought it was a big possibility 5 years ago.

The financial commitment to haul Gruden plus a staff would be enormous.

What is he saying?

Same stuff from Basilio's show earlier. Gruden's entertaining the idea of the TN position and has reached out to potential staff. Wants everything in order so he doesn't fail like the 3 before him.

Says he spoke with Blackburn again to today. Nothings changed

Hell, if I'm Patterson and any of the courtship of Gruden is true, why the hell should is sit around waiting and playing second fiddle? So much BS about Gruden. If this guy wanted to be here, he'd have been announced by now. The writing was on the wall for Butch weeks ago. Currie could have and would have had all these details worked out well in advance since Gruden isn't actively coaching a team. This is nothing but pure fantasy and rumor. Hope and pray Currie has made his choice from among the real candidates and is pursuing him and selling him on this job. Making him feel and know that he's our number one and only choice. The idea a top coach would be content as a backup option is silly. All these guys have huge egos. No way they'll sit and wait on UT to go through a courtship with Gruden. Plain sick of all the grumor nonsense. Just ridiculous.

Yet, here you are adding to it. Thanks

Reactions: 3 people
Hargis in Chattanooga. Stephen is a good dude, took a beating locally in 2012, hope this works out and he gets some vindication.
According to his sources it is now in JG hands and an answer is expected “this week”. Money for assistants was the main issue in 2012, not an issue now. Blackburn is good friends, and former roommate with JG and they have always kept in touch, same with Vic Grider (Go Pirates). Said it is much further along than 2012 and he wouldn’t go far enough to say “done deal” yet.

from orangepill post..."refused to use the name Gruden"

Yeah, a member of the BOT sat there at lunch and divulged every possible detail but god forbid he use the word, 'gruden'.

Do some of you guys not possess a bullsh^t detector at all?

Maybe it’s like candy man and if you say his name Three times he shows up. Dude didn’t want Gruden to know he was spilling info

Hell, if I'm Patterson and any of the courtship of Gruden is true, why the hell should is sit around waiting and playing second fiddle? So much BS about Gruden. If this guy wanted to be here, he'd have been announced by now. The writing was on the wall for Butch weeks ago. Currie could have and would have had all these details worked out well in advance since Gruden isn't actively coaching a team. This is nothing but pure fantasy and rumor. Hope and pray Currie has made his choice from among the real candidates and is pursuing him and selling him on this job. Making him feel and know that he's our number one and only choice. The idea a top coach would be content as a backup option is silly. All these guys have huge egos. No way they'll sit and wait on UT to go through a courtship with Gruden. Plain sick of all the grumor nonsense. Just ridiculous.

Did Currie say Patterson was not the #1 on his list?

Could Gruden be Currie's smoke screen to what ever Currie's up to?

Reactions: 3 people

Then GTFO

Id personally be happy to be a wait a couple weeks to see if I’d be able to land a multi million dollar contract. Especially if I️ didn’t get the call, I’d still make millions at my current position.

I believe the term “thread the needle” can be a phrase meaning to find a solution or common ground between two opposing forces.

Reactions: 1 person
Hargis in Chattanooga. Stephen is a good dude, took a beating locally in 2012, hope this works out and he gets some vindication.
According to his sources it is now in JG hands and an answer is expected “this week”. Money for assistants was the main issue in 2012, not an issue now. Blackburn is good friends, and former roommate with JG and they have always kept in touch, same with Vic Grider (Go Pirates). Said it is much further along than 2012 and he wouldn’t go far enough to say “done deal” yet.

Go Pirates. Class of 96'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back