Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Olivia’s fertility seemed to do okay.
LOL.
It's about the only thing they did well. Those poor Walton children permanently scarred hearing their parent's insatiable love making. Probably why they said goodnight all at once so they could press their pillows over their ears immediately after.

Youngest found a couple of large yards to mow for summer money. He's learning how to back a trailer...doing pretty good at it, too.

Proud poppa moment.

Last week a boy probably Jr High age stopped by and asked about mowing. The yard certainly needed it. He was very polite and professional in his pitch, so I told him we'd give it a try. He offered to do the front that day, but said why don't we wait until he could do the whole yard ... and I wanted to walk the yard with him and point out trouble spots like high roots. Anyway he and his brother came by after the rain went away and mowed - they did a pretty good job. They don't quite grasp the thing about turns and getting an even cut with a riding mower - that comes with experience. I've always mowed this lawn myself, but I thought about when I mowed as a kid and the income was nice - and there's still the wife issue. If I leave her unattended for a couple of hours, I find her on the floor somewhere - between trying to prevent that and being tired from helping her, I guess I'll keep paying him and his brother to mow.

Their mom stopped in to check on them, so we talked for a while. The boys are very polite and obviously the parents have taught them well. I'm wondering how much longer kids can work like that before .gov shuts them down.

I hate going into HF. Few weeks ago I went in there to buy a 6lbs maul that was on sale and left with a firemans axe, a huge assortment of bungee cords, an assortment of flex cuffs (I mean zip ties) and an 8lbs sledge hammer.

Flex cuffs, bungee cords, a sledge, and an axe ... no tarp? Just what did the guy (or gal) do to you anyway?

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me...

PULL THE **** UP IN THE DRIVE THROUGH!

View attachment 634982

And traffic light creepers. The ones that stop a couple of car lengths back and creep up while sitting out the light. I generally just let it happen without filling in the gap unless somebody in another lane wants to fill the gap ... really annoying if you drive a manual.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
ICYMI

Prayers for you, your family and your medical team. I hope it turns out better than you can image right now.

Interesting that they didn't do stents through the vein (TAVR). I had two that way - from the wrist rather than the groin. Was far easier than the open heart surgery for the first aortic valve replacement - the second almost twenty years later was by TAVR. Gotta tell you that coughs and especially sneezes are a bitch after open heart surgery.

Last edited:
TOTO makes the best ones. They're pricey but worth it.

Bio Bidet is good, too. Not up to Toto quality and cost, but works well.

Well... I've become @McDad

Just sent a candidate, Michael Jackson, to one of my hiring managers...

Told the hiring manager his next interview would be a Thriller. And not as Bad as the Smooth Criminals I've sent before. But he'll need to check the Man in the Mirror before conducting the interview. And for qualifications, the candidate Beat It by a large margin. And the hiring manager could Say Say Say what he wanted, but he wasn't going to find a better candidate.
I feel like @McDad would have worked in PYT.

VN Store

Back