Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

Well... I've become @McDad

Just sent a candidate, Michael Jackson, to one of my hiring managers...

Told the hiring manager his next interview would be a Thriller. And not as Bad as the Smooth Criminals I've sent before. But he'll need to check the Man in the Mirror before conducting the interview. And for qualifications, the candidate Beat It by a large margin. And the hiring manager could Say Say Say what he wanted, but he wasn't going to find a better candidate.
I hope you got a standing ovation from everyone in your office.

people who talk on the phone in the bathroom. I try to make sure whoever they are talking to knows they are in a public restroom. I will recreate the "who does number 2 work for" scene from Austin Powers if I have to.
Hahahaha. Love it.

Also smiled when I saw that you had "liked" the McDad post calling you pretty. So vain there's a Carly Simon song about you huh? Jk bud.

Last edited:

Pili and Carter will start barring injury...Telander and Spillman the backups. Herring saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship. Probably whats best for him honestly. Go somewhere he will play... dont know much about his brother and whether hes been recruited over/ buried too? Good problem for us to have. We are young everywhere but Dline, mike LB, and center....but we are much deeper bigger and faster than weve been in 20 years. TWSS.

anybody play the game of going in when the line is long and trying to see if you can time out quicker..worked like a charm at DD other day getting coffee..in and out for the win.

ICYMI
Have had some chest pains recently and was sent to get a heart cath after stress test and all. Got some really bad news of significant blockage of 80%, 80%, and 70%, so they are transferring me over to surgery for an open heart bypass. Scared to death at this, but also scared of what could have happened if I didn’t get it checked. Would appreciate those prayers as I need them. Love you all
Prayers for you, your family and your medical team. I hope it turns out better than you can image right now.

Just saw in the FF that probably the no1 RB in the portal and I believe 1000yd rusher at Oregon st last season Martinez will be visiting us at UT next week.

It will be interesting to see if we grab a RB in this portal season. I think if Seldon was healthy All spring camp and looked decent, we would not. That isnt what happened though and obviously the coaches see a deficiency in the running game after Sampson. As yall know ...contrary to the common belief in the media etc, the running game is what actually makes our offense go. So we need at least 2 good backs for our offense to run at peak efficiency.

From what i have seen previously, Miami, Auburn, and others are in the market for a feature/ top shelf type back as well. So it will be expensive to grab 1 last minute like this. I believe that the Buckeyes have a very highly rated backup RB thats portal bound also...he doesnt have the experience or 1000yd type resume' that Martinez has though...gonna be interesting next week or 2 IMO...

Reactions: AM64
@McDad got a question for you bud. I know youve restored/owned a couple Acuras. I have had several Hondas by now cars SUVs and bikes but never had this happen before:

I was getting on the interstate yesterday I85 where traffic moves 70+ in the right lane and had to really stomp on it to get my car in a little window. Was running about 55 down the ramp and ended up downshifting to 3rd when the guy in front of me finally merged. (Going way too slow and endangering everyone) I wound 3rd out and jammed it in 4th but right when the clutch let out completely and it started pulling in 4th, power dropped by probably 25% and the check engine light came on. It scared the sheit out of me so i got off the next exit and popped the hood checked all fluids and listened to it run (scared to death it threw a rod or blew the head gasket etc) but everything seems normal. I am only a couple hundred miles into a fresh oil change and new air filter for my intake etc. I babied it the 30mins left to get home never passing 3k RPM (VTEC starts ~4400 redline ~7000) and rechecked all when I got home. Everything seems normal except the check eng light. So I unplugged the battery to reset the light and left it. Got in it this morning and drove it the 45 minutes to the job. Didnt quite baby it like yesterday, but I made sure not to wind it past ~4250 or so to keep it from switching cam profiles to VTEC just incase. The light didnt come back on....but I havent driven it 50 miles yet, nor have I allowed it to use VTEC which it is made to do. I really dont want to grenade this engine man. Guess my questions are these: (anyone with knowledge please reply)

1. Have you ever been standing on the accelerator and your Honda/Acura go into "safe mode" like this?

2. Would you think that I grenaded my internals but wouldn't be able to hear it knock or ping or something? Temps and fluids seem OK but I am still worried...

I am honestly hoping I just banged it off the rev limiter at redline and maybe that caused it to go into safe mode....but that there was just a 1 or 2 second delay before power was cut and the light came on which gave me time to slam it in 4th and floor it ..... that is best case scenario. I accidentally redlined it once before right after i got it. Somebody cut me off directly in an intersection when i was shifting gears and I accidentally "blipped" the needle to right at redline while not in gear. It didnt go into "safe" mode but the check engine light did come on and i reset it. Oh well. Didnt mean to post a novel guys...just worried. Hopefully everything is OK.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
@McDad got a question for you bud. I know youve restored/owned a couple Acuras. I have had several Hondas by now cars SUVs and bikes but never had this happen before:

I was getting on the interstate yesterday I85 where traffic moves 70+ in the right lane and had to really stomp on it to get my car in a little window. Was running about 55 down the ramp and ended up downshifting to 3rd when the guy in front of me finally merged. (Going way too slow and endangering everyone) I wound 3rd out and jammed it in 4th but right when the clutch let out completely and it started pulling in 4th, power dropped by probably 25% and the check engine light came on. It scared the sheit out of me so i got off the next exit and popped the hood checked all fluids and listened to it run (scared to death it threw a rod or blew the head gasket etc) but everything seems normal. I am only a couple hundred miles into a fresh oil change and new air filter for my intake etc. I babied it the 30mins left to get home never passing 3k RPM (VTEC starts ~4400 redline ~7000) and rechecked all when I got home. Everything seems normal except the check eng light. So I unplugged the battery to reset the light and left it. Got in it this morning and drove it the 45 minutes to the job. Didnt quite baby it like yesterday, but I made sure not to wind it past ~4250 or so to keep it from switching cam profiles to VTEC just incase. The light didnt come back on....but I havent driven it 50 miles yet, nor have I allowed it to use VTEC which it is made to do. I really dont want to grenade this engine man. Guess my questions are these: (anyone with knowledge please reply)

1. Have you ever been standing on the accelerator and your Honda/Acura go into "safe mode" like this?

2. Would you think that I grenaded my internals but wouldn't be able to hear it knock or ping or something? Temps and fluids seem OK but I am still worried...

I am honestly hoping I just banged it off the rev limiter at redline and maybe that caused it to go into safe mode....but that there was just a 1 or 2 second delay before power was cut and the light came on which gave me time to slam it in 4th and floor it ..... that is best case scenario. I accidentally redlined it once before right after i got it. Somebody cut me off directly in an intersection when i was shifting gears and I accidentally "blipped" the needle to right at redline while not in gear. It didnt go into "safe" mode but the check engine light did come on and i reset it. Oh well. Didnt mean to post a novel guys...just worried. Hopefully everything is OK.
This is past my level. I have only had one of our Acuras go into safe mode when my son drove one without coolant. The temp went to redline and the engine shut off. Started up next time (after coolant added) and the check engine cycled off after a couple of drives.
I think if your engine was damaged you would notice unusual noises or changes in performance.

Hopefully you got lucky.

This is past my level. I have only had one of our Acuras go into safe mode when my son drove one without coolant. The temp went to redline and the engine shut off. Started up next time (after coolant added) and the check engine cycled off after a couple of drives.
I think if your engine was damaged you would notice unusual noises or changes in performance.

Hopefully you got lucky.

Thanks man. Hopefully...I am definitely gonna quit driving it so hard. Daughter turns 16 in 2 months so its time to get her car....i surely cant afford getting another car as well right now. Appreciate your input bud.

Reactions: AM64
Alright old dudes, where are my hemorrhoid gurus at? I've had an external thrombosis the size of my dog's left testicle for 2 weeks. I can't take this anymore. SOS.

That doesn't sound fun at all. I imagine having something bigger than your own testy hanging out your azz is pretty painful.

Alright old dudes, where are my hemorrhoid gurus at? I've had an external thrombosis the size of my dog's left testicle for 2 weeks. I can't take this anymore. SOS.

What a weird day to check this thread that I'm almost never in. I'm your assman

Pretty sure that surgery is the only way once you get to that point.

I'm about to have my 2nd surgery. 10 years back I did a hybrid operation where they cut some out and tied bands on the others. The bands did not take, which resulted in the worst experience of my life* and here I am again needing another surgery. So I'm not a fan of the bands. Cutting them all out this time, and hopefully this is my last surgery. I've figured out the biggest issue with my diet that was causing me constipation. Unfortunately, it's beer. I can still drink one, but 3+ or sometimes 2 and my stomach produces a ton of acid and my insides go nuts. Once I figured out what the problem was, my hemorrhoids were already out of control again. You need to figure out why you got hemorrhoids in the first place, otherwise you'll have your surgery and be back in the same spot.

*I talked about it a little bit at the time and made everybody here cringe. I'll spare you now.

This randomly popped up while i was watching a video on YouTube bc I accidentally clicked on an ad I guess. This isnt even in a good neighborhood. It is pretty close to downtown though...maybe 10mins with zero traffic and decent luck with the 10 stoplights. Look at that POS house. 1000sf...over $500 per sf. That's a very small house built in about the 1950s if I had to guess. Spent plenty of time in that Sedgefield neighborhood growing up. Played against their ghetto school every year in football for jr high. That's smaller and not as nice as the crappy 1st house my wife and I bought. That house 30 years ago was $100k when i was 17yo. Now its over 5x that much lmao. Has anything else increased by 5x? Wages? Price of cars? Nah...not even trucks. Theyve doubled surely. But 5x? My son is 22. Just got engaged. How could they ever buy a house? If you could ever find one here...ever...it would be $300k...and 7% interest right now lol. Look at the estimated monthly payment for that little POS 1000sf house? $3300 a MONTH !! Hahahaha. Wow. This is Charlotte right now folks. Thought yall might find this interesting since we were talking about houses here recently....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240417-132032_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240417-132032_Chrome.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 3

VN Store

Back