OFFICIAL Chi Cubs Thread: Anyone can have a bad century/this is the year

Great game by Z. How about Pie with the 3 run shot. Maybe he is catching on.:eek:k:

This team has a GREAT feel to it. I know the Cubs won't win the series, but this team is gonna be fun to watch this season.:dance2:

Tough loss today. Could have won but middle relief blew it. Not bad to spit with Colorado at their place though. Marquis pitched very well. But the Cubs got outhit. On to Washington to play the Nats next.

Cubs have the top offense in the NL. :rock:

And congrats Cubbies on your 10,000th win last night. :rock:

Todays
recap........ESPN - Cubs vs. Rockies - Recap - April 24, 2008

Crap lost the series to the Nationals:blink: We had to cool off a little bit. Hope we can get it back against the Brew Crew @ Wrigley and @ the hated Cards next weekend. Big week for the Cubs early in the Central.

Go Cubbies:rock:

All right, crappy series @ home with the Brew boys but, that is over. Let's go to St. Louis and get the Cards and 1st place back.:rock:

LET'S GO CUBBIES

116-66 yeah that would be nice.:crazy:

They are playing really well, just still don't know about K. Wood. I guess I am just over the guy, and want to blame him all the time.:ermm:

He needs to not be in the lead off spot. They just need to be more consistent.

Yeah he crushes against the Reds. Edmonds was my favorite player growing up so it's sad to see your idol starting to decline.

I am hopeful, but as someone stated, my excitement will build as long as they keep playing good baseball and build a good lead in the division. It is good to see them be more patient at the plate, drawing more walks, increasing their obp, and make opposing pitchers work harder instead of the swing and pray offense they were using in previous years.

This thread title may be one of the best ever. I have enjoyed this season more than most in the past. The Cubs need to start winning more on the road for me to hold out hope for the WS

how do you all feel about edmonds being a cub?

Wow, I just found this thread. A little background on me. I grew up in Chicago well until I was in 9th grade. I have been to maybe 1 or 200 cubs games(mostly right field). My grandmother owned a bar a block and a half away from Wrigley the Red rooster for those of you in chytown.

In response to Edmonds. If I'm going to have a <.200 hitter in the lineup I'd rather it be Pie than a nearly 39 year old has been. Pie needs the reps. He is the jewel of our farm system and has nothing left to prove in the minors. Now if it was Edmonds of say 3-5 years ago then great but it's not. Your name shouldn't keep you going your skill should.

VN Store

Back