Official Boxing thread

I like how fans booed the first half of the 7th round because Manny danced around.

Dude has been going all out half the fight. If he can't take one minute off, why do people like watching Mayweather? He takes most of the fight off.

Mexican fans, Mexican fighters dont have a reverse gear.

I like how fans booed the first half of the 7th round because Manny danced around.

Dude has been going all out half the fight. If he can't take one minute off, why do people like watching Mayweather? He takes most of the fight off.

....people love/hate a good sh*ttalker.

Good fight, Margarito did well for himself, he probably reinstated some legitimacy to his career with this one. Manny is phenomenal, but I don't think he should make a habit out of fighting bigger men. Paul Williams would hurt him, IMHO.

+1

He took one break!

It really is time for Manny vs. Mayweather. Manny has proven himself time and time again. He takes the best fights available. It's time for Floyd to take the best fight available. Being undefeated is great. It's pointless though when you never fight the best or next best opponent. Floyd likes to dance and pick his shots. Manny likes to get up in there and trade blows. He is willing to take shots to dish them out. I want to see how Floyd reacts to someone who won't allow him to dance around and pick his spots.

I am sure Floyd was watching tonite. He knows what time it is now.

Put the big ZERO on the line Floyd.

I am sure Floyd was watching tonite. He knows what time it is now.

Put the big ZERO on the line Floyd.

Hopefully he was listening when the commentators referred to Manny as the best pound for pound fighter. Time for Pretty Boy to defend his honor... and arrogance.

It really is time for Manny vs. Mayweather. Manny has proven himself time and time again. He takes the best fights available. It's time for Floyd to take the best fight available. Being undefeated is great. It's pointless though when you never fight the best or next best opponent. Floyd likes to dance and pick his shots. Manny likes to get up in there and trade blows. He is willing to take shots to dish them out. I want to see how Floyd reacts to someone who won't allow him to dance around and pick his spots.

Paul Williams fights next Saturday...assuming that Floyd is retired still, and Manny wants to keep banging in there with bigger men, while "fighting the best guy available" I see that as the best fight out there for Manny, and the money would be right. Look for it sometime soon after Memorial Day.

Made it so much sweeter not spending the 55 bucks~!

Yeah man, that firstrow.net always has boxing and ufc fights. They also have football and basketball games too.

If you ever need a link for UFC, I use this downloadable program called TVU and the same guy airs every event. If you ever need it, hit me up. Or I'll post the channel number on fight night.

Made it so much sweeter not spending the 55 bucks~!

Damn! I had no idea that you could find live links on the internet for PPV fights these days. Had I known that, I would have stuck around on this thread. I would have liked to have watched this fight, but there was no way I was going to pay to watch it.

Damn! I had no idea that you could find live links on the internet for PPV fights these days. Had I known that, I would have stuck around on this thread. I would have liked to have watched this fight, but there was no way I was going to pay to watch it.

Sucks man. You missed a solid fight.

Margarito to undergo surgery on facial fracture from loss to Manny Pacquiao - ESPN Dallas

Antonio Margarito, the Mexican super welterweight beaten badly by Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night, suffered a fractured orbital bone to his face and was to have surgery Tuesday in Texas, Top Rank promotor Bob Arum told The Associated Press on Sunday.

Margarito, who lost in a lopsided, 12-round decision, was taken directly to the hospital via ambulance after the fight to have cuts to his face examined.

That is when the injury to his eye socket was discovered, and he remained in the hospital Sunday, Arum said.

Butt kicking.

I agree with Roach in that article, they should have stopped that fight. His corner just left him out there.

Lousy spot for the corner man, I think finishing meant a lot to Margarito, he was making a reasonable effort to defend himself, and never stopped trying to win.

I'm all about saving a fighter from himself, but not sure I'd have thrown in the towel there.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree with Roach in that article, they should have stopped that fight. His corner just left him out there.

That's the Mexican way. He'll become that much more of a legend in the Mexican boxing community for completing a 12-round fight with a fractured orbital bone.

I had wondered after the fight how badly injured Margarito's face was, toward the end Pacquiao was pretty much hitting him at will. Antonio looked like 10 miles of bad road, while Manny didn't really show any damage that I noticed.

Paul Williams fights next Saturday...assuming that Floyd is retired still, and Manny wants to keep banging in there with bigger men, while "fighting the best guy available" I see that as the best fight out there for Manny, and the money would be right. Look for it sometime soon after Memorial Day.

You that confident he gets by Martinez this Saturday? I'll be rooting for him but I'm not so sure he'll win, I'm not so sure he won the first time even if the scorecards said so.

Also, I'd love to see Manny fight the winner of Williams - Martinez but saying the money would be right is a stretch. Neither Paul or Sergio draw the kind of numbers to really get close to Manny's world, Margo at least brought the large Mexican audience to the table.

As much as I don't want to see it, I'd be surprised if the next time we see Manny it isn't for Pac - Cotto II. Even though he isn't as good of a fighter anymore, he's still a bigger name than either Williams or Martinez and, probably more importantly, he's a Top Rank guy. Arum loves to keep these things in the family.

I think Williams will win fairly easily, much like he did in the second go with Quintana, well, maybe not that easily, but handily nonetheless.

Paul seems to have a mind block when getting up for opposition without a name brand, Martinez is, IMO, inferior and had no business being around in that fight long enough to make the outcome questionable. Williams will be ready this time.

VN Store

Back