Official 2017-18 NBA Season Thread

Man...I love me some Mad Max

giphy.gif

I pulled up the 2015 draft thread and found a few gems:

He gone.

After drafting Porzingis!

Foreigner/I’ve never heard of him, therefore he can’t be good. That was always stupid. Playing well in the Spanish league as a teen is no joke

Foreigner/I’ve never heard of him, therefore he can’t be good. That was always stupid. Playing well in the Spanish league as a teen is no joke

I feel like nobody ever knows with foreigners. Seems like there are tons of 2nd round steals and 1st round busts from Europe. Giannis, Gobert, Marc Gasol, Dragic, Parker, Kirilenko, Ginobili...none of those guys were lottery picks.

I feel like nobody ever knows with foreigners. Seems like there are tons of 2nd round steals and 1st round busts from Europe. Giannis, Gobert, Marc Gasol, Dragic, Parker, Kirilenko, Ginobili...none of those guys were lottery picks.

Most who have done well in the ACB have been solid NBA players. It’s tougher competition than NCAA basketball here, but most don’t view it that way.

People just stupidly throw everyone in Europe in the same boat, like Tskitishvili and Bargnani playing in Italy or Dragan Bender, scoring like 4 points a game for Maccabi, being “the next Porzingis”

Lol I can’t argue with that at this point. I thought they might be worse than Brooklyn, he and they have surprised me.

To be fair though they added Kanter who has been really good, and Beasley has been beasting lately.

VN Store

Back