Official 2015 NFL Playoffs Thread

That call changed the game.

yeah, i agree. it had a huge impact on the game.

regardless, saying the refs handed the cowboys the game is ridiculous.

refs didn't shank the punt.
refs didn't let the cowboys convert on 4th and long.
refs didn't give up a td to put the cowboys in the lead.
refs didn't fumble the ball on 4th down on their final possession.

and while we're at it, they made the right call to pick up the flag on that pass interference penalty. should have been a penalty on Pettigrew (the receiver) if anybody. I guess the fact that Pettigrew initiated the contact and had a hold of his face mask doesn't matter.

https://vine.co/v/OdD5hWMBK2q

stop being a salty eagles fan.

Reactions: 1 person
nfl-replacement-ref-meme-15_crop_north.jpeg
Maybe they won't have the refs hand them the game this round.

yeah, i agree. it had a huge impact on the game.

regardless, saying the refs handed the cowboys the game is ridiculous.

refs didn't shank the punt.
refs didn't let the cowboys convert on 4th and long.
refs didn't give up a td to put the cowboys in the lead.
refs didn't fumble the ball on 4th down on their final possession.

and while we're at it, they made the right call to pick up the flag on that pass interference penalty. should have been a penalty on Pettigrew (the receiver) if anybody. I guess the fact that Pettigrew initiated the contact and had a hold of his face mask doesn't matter.

https://vine.co/v/OdD5hWMBK2q

stop being a salty eagles fan.

What about dez running on the field in protest without a helmet? Guess that didn't happen either and I'm just being a salty Eagles fan lol. Right is right and wrong is wrong, cowboys won this game with a ton of help from the refs not only with that play but on about three plays on their final drive where obvious holding penalties weren't called.

Last edited:
Dallas scored a TD and stopped Detroit after that call. Bad call? Absolutely. Did that one call cost Detroit the game? Absolutely not.

If that call is correctly made, Detroit at least gets a FG and doesn't shank a punt to give the cowboys half a field. Say whatever you want, but that call changed the entire complexion of the game.

What about dez running on the field in protest without a helmet? Guess that didn't happen either and I'm just being a salty Eagles fan lol. Right is right and wrong is wrong, cowboys won this game with a ton of help from the refs not only with that play but on about three plays on their final drive where obvious holding penalties weren't called.

yeah, don't disagree about Dez. That was bad. Regardless, there shouldn't have been a penalty there to begin with.

and don't even get me started on this "obvious" holding BS. Only saw one that was obvious. Sucks that the refs missed it, but that happens ALL. THE. TIME. You really don't think the lions were holding at all in the game? Or how about the fact they ran into our punt returner TWICE, after he called fair catch, and no call made? or the terrible pass offensive pass interference call against terrence williams? nope, refs were doing everything they could to help Dallas.

Reactions: 1 person
If that call is correctly made, Detroit at least gets a FG and doesn't shank a punt to give the cowboys half a field. Say whatever you want, but that call changed the entire complexion of the game.

What about the lions second td drive where Stafford scrambles for a first down on 3rd and 8. After the defensive back missed the tackle the defensive lineman had Stafford dead to rights until bell shoved him in the back. No call. Lions go on to score. Calls go both ways. Listen to Chris Carter this morning talking about how it wasn't pass interference and face guarding is legal and it was the refs that were closest to the play overturning the call from the ref across the sideline.

My buddy is a football coach at the high school level and absolutely despises the cowboys. His text to me after the game "Do I think it was a bad call...absolutely. Does one call ever cost a team a 60 minute football game...absolutely not."

What about the lions second td drive where Stafford scrambles for a first down on 3rd and 8. After the defensive back missed the tackle the defensive lineman had Stafford dead to rights until bell shoved him in the back. No call. Lions go on to score. Calls go both ways. Listen to Chris Carter this morning talking about how it wasn't pass interference and face guarding is legal and it was the refs that were closest to the play overturning the call from the ref across the sideline.

My buddy is a football coach at the high school level and absolutely despises the cowboys. His text to me after the game "Do I think it was a bad call...absolutely. Does one call ever cost a team a 60 minute football game...absolutely not."
I have a buddy who stayed in a Holiday Inn last night...... What's your point?

Bengals and Dalton....what the F do you do? Fire your coach and QB who are good but get you nowhere? Worst predicament. No easy answers.

Bengals and Dalton....what the F do you do? Fire your coach and QB who are good but get you nowhere? Worst predicament. No easy answers.

Lewis is a good coach. I wouldn't fire him. Playing without AJ Green and Gresham. Tough when you lose two of your best options.

Lewis is a good coach. I wouldn't fire him. Playing without AJ Green and Gresham. Tough when you lose two of your best options.

Draft a quarterback in 2016. I think the Bengals draft a defensive tackle which is a need for them and maybe a center since he's going to be a free agent after 2015.

Don't let those butthurt eagles glasses blind you to the facts I pointed out or that calls go both ways.

Lol you're acting as thought I don't hate the Lions as well. Calls going both ways happens, but any blind man could see that the refs clearly gave the cowboys a winning edge yesterday. You can disagree all you want, will not change my mind of what I saw.

Lol you're acting as thought I don't hate the Lions as well. Calls going both ways happens, but any blind man could see that the refs clearly gave the cowboys a winning edge yesterday. You can disagree all you want, will not change my mind of what I saw.

Detroit 8/44. Dallas 6/46. Such a huge discrepency. Obviously you as an unbiased eagle fan are right. I can't believe those numbers. Wow. So different seeing it now. It has all become clear

Detroit 8/44. Dallas 6/46. Such a huge discrepency. Obviously you as an unbiased eagle fan are right. I can't believe those numbers. Wow. So different seeing it now. It has all become clear

How ironic you are using the term "unbiased". Typical though.

The number of penalties on each team has absolutely nothing to do with the blown call at one of the most critical points in the game as well as the no call on unsportsmanlike conduct on dez being a jackass and running into the field with no helmet to argue the call.

Last edited:
How ironic you are using the term "unbiased". Typical though.

The number of penalties on each team has absolutely nothing to do with the blown call at one of the most critical points in the game as well as the no call on unsportsmanlike conduct on dez being a jackass and running into the field with no helmet to argue the call.

Lions still had every opportunity to stop Dallas or score themselves. Here is a little something for the baby eagle fan though

Attachments

• CHEESE.jpg
    CHEESE.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 69

What about not going for it on 4th and 1 when Dallas had all momentum? Cant blame the refs for that.

What about not going for it on 4th and 1 when Dallas had all momentum? Cant blame the refs for that.

I agree with you here, but doesn't change the impact of the poor call and no call on the unsportsmanlike at that point of the game imo.

I agree with you here, but doesn't change the impact of the poor call and no call on the unsportsmanlike at that point of the game imo.

My point was 1 call doesnt change the outcome of the game. Detroit got a lead and got scared in the second half. They had their chances.

My point was 1 call doesnt change the outcome of the game. Detroit got a lead and got scared in the second half. They had their chances.

Yes, that one call changed the outcome. Doesn't matter how many changes they had. If the correct call is made there, deterioration more than likely gets at least fg, but more importantly they burn another 2 minutes off the clock and don't give Dallas a 50 yard field to score. We will never agree on this because you are a cowboy fan and I am a salty eagle fan, so let's just agree to disagree.

Here are my picks for the divisional round.

Ravens upset Patriots
Broncos defeat Colts
Packers defeat Cowboys
Panthers upset Seahawks (I'm sticking with my bold prediction.)

My picks:

Ravens 24 Patriots 21

Colts 38 Broncos 35 (I'm a Colts fan, so I'm slightly biased here)

Packers 41 Cowboys 27

Seahawks 20 Panthers 17

VN Store

Back