Official 2015 NBA Offseason Thread

I hope somebody could do better than that.

There really isn't. Other than the Clippers doing a straight Griffin/Durant swap, I'm not sure there is much out there teams are willing to give up if Durant won't commit to sign with them.

Would really need a wing shooter in that lineup. Put again, you can win a title with a nucleus of Blake, Russ, and Ibaka.

The wings would be Morrow, Dre, and Dion unless I'm missing someone. Morrow can stroke, Dre is a great defender and I hate Dion. I guess if you draft Dekker or Booker you wouldn't need to trade anyone. But you would have a hell of a logjam at the 4-5 if they retain Kanter too. Trading one for a shooter would be ideal, and Adams would be the lead candidate. IMO

The wings would be Morrow, Dre, and Dion unless I'm missing someone. Morrow can stroke, Dre is a great defender and I hate Dion. I guess if you draft Dekker or Booker you wouldn't need to trade anyone. But you would have a hell of a logjam at the 4-5 if they retain Kanter too. Trading one for a shooter would be ideal, and Adams would be the lead candidate. IMO

Dion would be gone in the Wizard deal to make salaries match up. Yeah, if you add Devon Booker or Sam Dekker that takes care of that third wing spot.

So......

Russ
Beal
Porter
Ibaka
Adams

Augustin
Booker
Roberson
McGary
Collinson

Assuming Nene is traded.

You would need some solid improvements from Beal and Porter, but if you KNOW Durant is leaving, I don't think you could do much better. I'm a big Brad Beal fan and I think Porter can be something.

I agree it would be the best option. The BG thing isn't happening. I would rather get pieces you can work with than get nothing, or wait too late and get low balled.

Dion would be gone in the Wizard deal to make salaries match up. Yeah, if you add Devon Booker or Sam Dekker that takes care of that third wing spot.

That was the BG deal discussion. Dion would still be there.

So......

Russ
Beal
Porter
Ibaka
Adams

Augustin
Booker
Roberson
McGary
Collinson

Assuming Nene is traded.

I would assume they would sign Kanter if they dealt Nene. Plus Morrow is in there too. I like that team a lot.

I would assume they would sign Kanter if they dealt Nene. Plus Morrow is in there too. I like that team a lot.

Plus if Porter doesn't work out (which is possible. He thrived in the playoffs but really struggled during the regular season) you got the draft pick and Morrow/Roberson to cover up the SF.

There really isn't. Other than the Clippers doing a straight Griffin/Durant swap, I'm not sure there is much out there teams are willing to give up if Durant won't commit to sign with them.

This. If he's really Washington or bust, you take that deal in a second.

Man looking at the Clippers and Doc has ****ed them over. Even if they let all their free agents go they still would have no cap room.

Yeah, but Beal is always going to be overpriced, IMO (unless he maxes his potential) and Morrow will likely be underpaid or fair-market.

Honestly they should give him the max in the offseason (it'd be around $80M) with the cap about to skyrocket.

If you're Durant, do you want to go to LA? Yeah, playing with CP3 and DeAndre is attractive, but they have absolutely nothing after Redick and they can't improve.

Paul
Redick
Durant
Hawes
Jordan

Rivers
Crawford
Barnes
???
???

I mean they have no means to sign any backup big men, their backup wings are weak as hell. Not a great situation.

There's a lot of uncertainty in LA. I just can't imagine Flop City breaking up this soon.

There's a lot of uncertainty in LA. I just can't imagine Flop City breaking up this soon.

If you're Doc, you are guaranteed 50 wins with Paul, Blake, and DeAndre assuming they are all healthy. You can't improve your team until 2016 if DeAndre leaves because you have no cap space. You're best bet is give DeAndre the max, let a couple contracts expire, then hope you can get a couple deals discount deals for some depth in 2016-2017.

What OKC has>>>>>>>what LAC has. What Wash has>>>>what LAC has. If you want to win its a no brainer, and I'm not saying that as a homer.

What OKC has>>>>>>>what LAC has. What Wash has>>>>what LAC has. If you want to win its a no brainer, and I'm not saying that as a homer.

In the short term most definitely. But there's also one thing that OKC has against it and that is the Harden deal, which still pisses off Durant and Westbrook.

In the short term most definitely. But there's also one thing that OKC has against it and that is the Harden deal, which still pisses off Durant and Westbrook.

Although those 3 would have never worked in the long term because Harden wanted to be the guy.

Although those 3 would have never worked in the long term because Harden wanted to be the guy.

Actually Harden was traded because he wanted the four year max and OKC wouldn't give it to him

That worries me, FWIW I don't think both guys stay maybe (20%) one stays. I was thinking more in terms of the other guys.

VN Store

Back