Off-Season Hype

No, Jake, you misunderstand me. I was playing the just-for-fun hypothetical where we are riding a 10-game win streak (5 right now, up to 6 with a bowl win, then 3 more wins prior to Florida next fall, then the FL game = 10) through a victory over Florida next Sep 24th. That comment wasn't about the FL streak at all.

Like I said originally, just for the sheer joy of it, something to imagine. :)

oh, gotcha, definitely misread.:thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
10-2 next year with us losing to UF and Bama. We will be ranked really high to start the year but will drop some after UF game.

Last edited:
The "let's hope we have a chance against big, bad Florida" crap is already starting. We're better than them, we're at home, and they don't have their QB. Screw hope. We better beat them, and if we don't, Butch isn't the answer.

The hype will be even more this year, as our next team could contend for a playoff with the right breaks. We should beat UF, and I want to believe we will, I really, really do. I think we're the better team, at home, with a clear edge at QB. But I'm too emotionally scarred at this point to truly get my hopes up, or be anything but shocked should UT somehow win. Most of the Battered Vol syndrome is gone, but it remains in full force with regards to UF.

If Tennessee wins out and finished 9-4 will they receive the kind of hype that they received last Off-Season leading up to the 2016 kick-off?

Yes, and the challenge will be for them to handle all the hype and continue to work and play hard each and every game. The can't let all the hype go to their head. It's a short distance from the penthouse to the outhouse.

. We should beat UF, and I want to believe we will, I really, really do. I think we're the better team, at home, with a clear edge at QB. But I'm too emotionally scarred at this point Most of the Battered Vol syndrome is gone, but it remains in full force with regards to UF.

Take them panties off and let'em hang some, dude

VN Store

Back