NSA Phone Data Collection Ruled Illegal

I've seen enough of these type documentaries to know they're slanted to agree with the ideaology of the makers. Perhaps I'm jaded, but now when I watch something like this I can't help thinking they're twisting everything to match their agenda. I'd love to see one that uses a point/counter point format.

News flash....everyone that shares information has biases and an agenda.

They are definitely collecting the content of our conversations.

Could you imagine the complete ineffectiveness of doing something like this though? The ratio of completely useless data compared to that of actually catching a terrorist must be astronomical. The odds of winning the Powerball are like 175 million to 1 so the odds for something like this on such a grand scale HAS to be way worse.

Reactions: 1 person
If the NSA is truly using this info to stop terrorist attacks, why weren't they able to stop the guys that showed up in Texas to shoot the cartoonists? That should have been an easy one, especially with them essentially announcing it beforehand on Twitter.

If the NSA is truly using this info to stop terrorist attacks, why weren't they able to stop the guys that showed up in Texas to shoot the cartoonists? That should have been an easy one, especially with them essentially announcing it beforehand on Twitter.

That is a valid question.

I think with that question, you can get the answer.

She's white, female and a conservative.

I read the group Anonymous tipped the Texas police that an attack was imminent. We spend bazillions on our state of the art intelligence systems and a couple of guys working in their mamas' basement did the govs job for them.

I read the group Anonymous tipped the Texas police that an attack was imminent. We spend bazillions on our state of the art intelligence systems and a couple of guys working in their mamas' basement did the govs job for them.

Yep, add in the Boston bombers to this list as well. The NSA knew about them and were warned.

Reactions: 2 people
Snowden is the greatest patriot this country as seen in a long time - I hope he gets a memorial someday in the future for his sacrifice. He's made a real change.

Reactions: 6 people

Just because it didn't stop that incident, doesn't mean it's not helping in significant ways. I would say we know it's not helpful in significant ways because we almost never hear of attacks being stopped. The feds would let you know if they stopped an attack. It doesn't seem like that ever happens.

Snowden is the greatest patriot this country as seen in a long time - I hope he gets a memorial someday in the future for his sacrifice. He's made a real change.

I believe there's one in Central Park already.

This first question you have to ask yourself is, do they really want to stop attacks like that one?

I think AV was saying something about government inefficiency the other day...

Intel chief

The National Security Agency's massive data collection program has prompted lawsuits, internal reviews and a fierce congressional debate over whether to scrap it.

But Director of National Intelligence James Clapper apparently forgot the program even existed during a key hearing two years ago.

Robert Litt, the DNI's general counsel, revealed the major memory lapse during a panel discussion Friday hosted by the Advisory Committee on Transparency. He was offering an explanation as to why, in a now-infamous exchange several months before Ed Snowden-leaked materials surfaced on the NSA program, Clapper told a Senate committee that the government does not "wittingly" sweep up information on millions of Americans.

Cue the Ron Burgandy "I don't believe you" gif.

Intel chief

28293d1421156196-help-ghosts-image.png

Intel chief

Yep, isn't it funny how the govt has a fraud, waste and abuse hotline that doesn't work. What a fooking joke our govt has become.

VN Store

Back