Not happy with RB depth

RDAIV is experienced, but he's more of a return guy and scat back. I think Butch sees him playing slot.

We have quality running backs...and Butch recruited them. Issue resolved. :cool2:

Reactions: 1 person
Not like Butch hasn't tried - lots of bad luck with RBs recruited thus far.

Jabo Lee offer rescinded due to his injury situation - wasn't upfront with the coaches.
Paulk legal issue / dismissed.
Scott unhappy / transferred.

Bussey didn't like competition. VN will complain about any and everything.

Some people just can't handle that Jones has or ever will come up short on anything. RB recruiting is a legitimate short-coming at this point.

Depth and the quality of that depth at RB is a potentially big problem. For whatever reason, he has not been able to sign and retain good RB's. Hurd is the only returnee or proven player at the position. No matter how you explain or excuse it, it isn't "success" when you only return one scholarship RB after two years in charge of the program.

And some people just can't handle that it is practically impossible to have the best position group in the country at every position. Sheesh, some people will find anything to complain about.

The fact that this thread was even made is a f***ing travesty. We are only lining up basically two 5-star tailbacks in the backfield this year, yet not good enough for some on volnation.

Ask yourself this... Is the RB depth better than it was last year? I would say yes. Hurd is a year better, Kamara will most likely be an improvement over M. Lane, and 3rd string and back is basically a wash, maybe even slightly better this year.

Ask yourself this... Is the RB depth better than when Butch Jones took over the program? A resounding 'Oh Hell Yes'!

The rational ones in this thread have already talked about how Butch has just flat out been unlucky with some of his RB recruits (Paulk and Scott). Don't forget we had 4 star RB Kendall Bussey last year who went to TA&M precisely because he was worried about the fact that Butch was still recruiting RBs.

Yeah, Hurd and Kamara could get hurt... That doesn't mean that they absolutely, positively will. You take the top 2 backs off of any team in the country, and they aren't putting in a 3rd RB that is just as proven and as talented as the first two guys.

Back to back Top 3~5 recruiting classes after years of mediocrity, yet people are still complaining about Jones's recruiting. :banghead2:

Reactions: 13 people
So.......... what I gather from the OP is that:

Butch Doesn't Get It?!?!?!?

Worrying is like paying on a debt that may never come due (me and Will Rodgers)
The power is on site. They just cant get injured.:good!:

I'm a little late to the thread, but it seems like CBJ really messed up with this recruiting class. I mean, it's like he spent all his recruiting time focused on sniping an elite O-line talent from another SEC school, while focusing on other O-line recruits. I mean, as if we really needed that. Plus he landed a 5-star WR and pulled in 5-star defensive talent. I mean, what gives Coach Jones? Why did you only land an Alabama-recruited 5-star running back this year that has experience beyond high school? Where is your focus?

aNXqGNT.gif

Reactions: 6 people
Are we really discussing the fact our two 5* running backs are only backed up by 3*'s and someone with the last name of "Berry"! Unbelievable Volnation...

I'm with you, and I just can't understand that certain segment of our fan base. It is ridiculous. And, to think that Butch has added those two 5's in only two full recruiting cycles is incredible. How anybody can seriously complain with the hellacious job he and his staff have done recruiting in such a short time just flat out baffles me.

And some people just can't handle that it is practically impossible to have the best position group in the country at every position. Sheesh, some people will find anything to complain about.

The fact that this thread was even made is a f***ing travesty. We are only lining up basically two 5-star tailbacks in the backfield this year, yet not good enough for some on volnation.

Ask yourself this... Is the RB depth better than it was last year? I would say yes. Hurd is a year better, Kamara will most likely be an improvement over M. Lane, and 3rd string and back is basically a wash, maybe even slightly better this year.

Ask yourself this... Is the RB depth better than when Butch Jones took over the program? A resounding 'Oh Hell Yes'!

The rational ones in this thread have already talked about how Butch has just flat out been unlucky with some of his RB recruits (Paulk and Scott). Don't forget we had 4 star RB Kendall Bussey last year who went to TA&M precisely because he was worried about the fact that Butch was still recruiting RBs.

Yeah, Hurd and Kamara could get hurt... That doesn't mean that they absolutely, positively will. You take the top 2 backs off of any team in the country, and they aren't putting in a 3rd RB that is just as proven and as talented as the first two guys.

Back to back Top 3~5 recruiting classes after years of mediocrity, yet people are still complaining about Jones's recruiting. :banghead2:

5* post, well said JD !

Reactions: 4 people
I understand what you are saying but you have to fill all of your needs.

Are you Dooley? All you do is whine and moan. Butch has had two FULL recruiting classes--around half the roster. There is no way you are going to fill all of your needs with two recruiting classes. Especially when your first full class will be SOPHOMORES this season.

Reactions: 3 people
Are we really discussing the fact our two 5* running backs are only backed up by 3*'s and someone with the last name of "Berry"! Unbelievable Volnation...

Yeah, don't you know it's a huge failure by Butch.

Coming from the OP who thinks Mike Tyson was the greatest athlete of all time, I think we're good on rb depth.

Are you Dooley? All you do is whine and moan. Butch has had two FULL recruiting classes--around half the roster. There is no way you are going to fill all of your needs with two recruiting classes. Especially when your first full class will be SOPHOMORES this season.

What does this say?

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE

What does this say?

OPPORTUNITYISNOWHERE

Quite the contrary. Opportunity is everywhere. But, sometimes getting to the destination doesn't happen overnight. Hard work and perseverance lead to more success stories than overnight sensations.

Quite the contrary. Opportunity is everywhere. But, sometimes getting to the destination doesn't happen overnight. Hard work and perseverance lead to more success stories than overnight sensations.

You flunked Dooley's test.

Answer: "Opportunity is now here."

I was just amused by you calling sjt Dooley.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back