Not feeling Real Confident about FL...???

A fumble on the One, fumbled punt, and ONE TD in a quarter and a half against team that ETSU would be
a 2 TD favorite against????

6 Wins, which means at least 3 SEC wins seems pretty far fetched at this point?!?!

no-answer.gif

Been tryna tell yall that for a while

I am really disappointed in every aspect of the football team. Is it a lack of talent, desire, intensity or mental acuity? I am not an authority of X's and O's by any means but I have watched enough football in the past 50 years to know this team just don't have it together.

Its a combination of a lotnof things. Yes its a lack of talent. We dont have hardly any players that would start on any SEC team. Its also a culture. Botch created a lazy, just oh well type of loser culture. He let the strength and conditioning program suffer. Many of us has said time and time again at how bad of a program Pruitt was handed. He has to change almost everything about this team. Its also why many of us have said that this is going to be a 3-4 year rebuild.

Its also why those who say that if Pruitt doesnt win at a high level in year 2 he isnt the guy look dumb saying so.

They may never get the Butch out of these kids.
Yeah butch hasn’t been here while. Put the blame where it should be, the players, especially ol. We have more dumb players than most anyone., ie trying to reach out the ball for t.d.,c hop blocking, motion. They are just dumb mistakes.

As I said in another thread, nothing before the Florida game matters. There have been times when we looked better than Florida going into the game, and they still won. Florida needed a Hail Mary to beat us last year in the swamp, and Kentucky ran all over them last week. We suck, but they suck, too. We have as good a chance at beating them as we've ever had.

Florida is Garbage too but who is the worst?Florida went 4-8 last season and was lucky to beat Kentucky and Tennessee.

Last edited:
Yeah butch hasn’t been here while. Put the blame where it should be, the players, especially ol. We have more dumb players than most anyone., ie trying to reach out the ball for t.d.,c hop blocking, motion. They are just dumb mistakes.

These dumb players who you are referring to have had little to NO real coaching in the entire time at UT. That makes a huge difference. While the players do deserve some blame, we are seeing the effect of Botch Jones failure as a coach.

Operating with jones's left overs, taking over the worst team in school history (modern era) and winning two of his first three is amazing! CP only needs two more to tie Jones's 5th year!!!! We're going to do far better than most are predicting-great year? No. Better than last year? YES.

And we get sacked. Im just preparing myself for a Tn fan meltdown next Saturday
Wow! Some folks can’t ever be satisfied. We have two wins and no way should we have beaten WV, so we are where we should be. Not sure why everyone thinks Fl will beat us, not sure what team they have been watching.

Reactions: 24/7vol

Butch has been gone for 10 months.. can't fix years of bad coaching, creating bad habits, and no proper strength training in 10 months. The physical issues we have are 100% on Butch. Seeing before and after of players from before Pruitt arrived and by end of of fall camp it is obvious we have bulked up. But it will take more than one off season

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Butch has been gone for 10 months.. can't fix years of bad coaching, creating bad habits, and no proper strength training in 10 months. The physical issues we have are 100% on Butch. Seeing before and after of players from before Pruitt arrived and by end of of fall camp it is obvious we have bulked up. But it will take more than one off season

I wish more would realize this.

I haven't heard, has CP hired a bunch of his old buddies-on UT's dime, qualified or not? I'm glad CP isn't following in these jones footsteps.....

Oh no man, i dont think we are even close. We may play vandy tough....maybe

I really did think 6-6 was possible this year. Of course that was until the season actually started. I think we can play Vandy tough. But in the end, they will beat us. Its just beyond sad that we may have to accept that we will have losing streaks agains UK, SC, Vandy and Missouri.

A fumble on the One, fumbled punt, and ONE TD in a quarter and a half against team that ETSU would be
a 2 TD favorite against????

6 Wins, which means at least 3 SEC wins seems pretty far fetched at this point?!?!

no-answer.gif

UTEP would beat ETSU for sure.

WTH was Pruitt thinking putting Chryst in the game for the last drive of the half? Not good coaching.

I honestly think he was frustrated and looking for some sort of spark. As level headed as Pruitt is, it’s gotta be tough to spend an entire career coaching great athletes and then inherit a program that’s been dismantled by a trumpet player.

VN Store

Back