Not feeling Real Confident about FL...???

WTH was Pruitt thinking putting Chryst in the game for the last drive of the half? Not good coaching.

This^ type of **** makes me question all those who hail Pruitt as a mastermind... makes no sense for the situation, plenty of time to add points and work on the two minute with your starters. Three run plays and a pass doesn’t say you are just running out the clock... just odd!?

With that said, I’m just enjoying each game and hoping to see improvement, not seeing much today but some of it is coaching imo.

Better see some good halftime adjustments and a killer mentality coming out of half

At least your guaranteed to get laid, unless of course Butch Jones is your best man. I feel fairly confident he would even mess that up.

Haha true but ya he would talk about leadership reps and be resilient and that would not get me pumped up for later in the night.

This^ type of **** makes me question all those who hail Pruitt as a mastermind... makes no sense for the situation, plenty of time to add points and work on the two minute with your starters. Three run plays and a pass doesn’t say you are just running out the clock... just odd!?

With that said, I’m just enjoying each game and hoping to see improvement, not seeing much today but some of it is coaching imo.

Better see some good halftime adjustments and a killer mentality coming out of half
I like what Pruitt has done so far but this move was mind boggling. Especially since UTEP gets the ball in the 2nd half. Should be up 17-0.

You. Should never feel confident about Florida game
Do you realize how many games against Ky & Vandy that we won because we made the last play? In those close games,Ky or Vandy could have very well beat us
Well against Florida, we are like Ky or Vandy. We come close but we just can't close the deal

I am really disappointed in every aspect of the football team. Is it a lack of talent, desire, intensity or mental acuity? I am not an authority of X's and O's by any means but I have watched enough football in the past 50 years to know this team just don't have it together.
I’m like you, by this point I expected some kind of improvement somewhere from last years worst team in program history. I’m not calling for Pruitt’s job or anything but I can’t say I have seen anything so far to make me feel great. My goal this year was to simply see a slight improvement over the worst team in the history of the program, at the very least see a team that doesn’t have the same lethargic attitude of last years team. So far that extemely modest goal has not been met, to make matters worse like always there are a hundred posters on this site telling me those are unrealistic expectations. I mean really? If that’s the case I guess I should just give up then because I don’t know how to set my expectations any lower. 10 years ago my expectations were to win every game... 5 years ago my expectations were to just try to be competitive with teams with a pulse... now my expectations are to not get completely embarrassed every time we play a team that isn’t high school level, sadly my expectations are still not being met... someone please tell me how I can lower them anymore I’d really like to know.

Dude you just have to ignore those people, they are the same ones that swore up and down that Dooley was the man, then Butch. If we hired a blind monkey for our head coach these same people would swear up and down that this monkey was a pure out genius and anyone who doesn’t automatically assume that is a cotton headed ninny muggins.

confident.gif

Well we have effectively had 2 Fall Camps to prepare for FL!

What do I mean? Well....Entire fall camp,
then Entire week after WV to prepare for FL,
then Scrimmage ETSU, another full week to prepare for FL,
then another Scrimmage with UTEP, then all Next week to prepare for FL

If we are not ready to at least Compete with FL after all that, then..........??!!??

giphy.gif

A fumble on the One, fumbled punt, and ONE TD in a quarter and a half against team that ETSU would be
a 2 TD favorite against????

6 Wins, which means at least 3 SEC wins seems pretty far fetched at this point?!?!

no-answer.gif

Dude UTEP is loaded with multiple 2 star guys. What did you expect our guys to do against that kind of talent?

I'm not confident we finish against UTEP so beating any sec team looks like fantasy right now.

A fumble on the One, fumbled punt, and ONE TD in a quarter and a half against team that ETSU would be

6 Wins, which means at least 3 SEC wins seems pretty far fetched at this point?!?!

no-answer.gif

Been saying this for months.

Dont be silly, Pruitt is a PROVEN defensive mastermind (with 3 NC rings as DC) - no one said he was an offensive genius tho - hoping Helton is one but gotta say that one left me scratching my head too. Perhaps CJP thinks thats the only chance that Chryst will have for the 2min drill or he is more concerned JG getting clobbered in the next 5 games than we know?

Not that the team will be looking past any opponent in the near future, but today's mental game sure looked like their heads were elsewhere. I hope that is a good lesson for them and I'm sure CJP will drive that point home in ways that won't be pleasant (and likely already has delivered some needed medicine). It's just very difficult to get out of that mindset once the game begins and the this team needs to learn a lot of lessons fast.

no-answer.gif

I just don’t see us playing with Florida, we start slow and have line problems. I’m sure we stayed basic, but we didn’t execute that. The one bright spot may be our defense.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back