North Out Rest Of The Year (RUMOR) (CONFIRMED)

Gruden's coming, you just wait.

I also don't recall North getting hurt vs Kentucky, but whatever I guess.

He had been hurt the game prior but seems to have had nagging injuries most of the yr. Imagine what this offense would look like with a healthy North and Josh Smith to go along with our other really good receivers. With Croom and Vonn both healthy and playing their best football along with Pig then Malone and JJ getting better with every snap they play. Supposedly Jenkins and Wharton are really hard workers and gaining confidence from Azzani to get them more opportunities. Not to mention Wolf, Helm and Ellis making plays from the TE position and Hurd and Lane being really good pass catchers out of the backfield. When healthy and with a little more experience this offense is going to give DC's fits and nightmare's to try and stop.

One thing for sure: if we can get healthy, there will be plenty of options at receiver next year.

Reactions: 1 person
So sorry I left out Croom the first time. CROOM! PEARSON! MALONE! HOWARD! WOLF!

Yeah, Mizzou has Sasser and some other guys, but I will put the five above against their best 5 tomorrow.

Bring it on.

P.S. We have Tennessee Whiskey ... I have never heard of any Missouri whiskey.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't North miss the second halph vs Kentucky? I thought he went into the locker room before halphtime to get looked at. He came back out but I don't remember him playing. I could be wrong, hope we have him. Look for Pearson an Pig to have big games. The Vols will have to throw a lot of short slants an screens to keep Dobs upright. Go Vols!!!

Yeah, Mizzou has Sasser and some other guys, but I will put the five above against their best 5 tomorrow.

Bring it on.

Had Missouri shine before.....was sick for a week. Terrible stuff.

Didn't North miss the second halph vs Kentucky? I thought he went into the locker room before halphtime to get looked at. He came back out but I don't remember him playing. I could be wrong, hope we have him. Look for Pearson an Pig to have big games. The Vols will have to throw a lot of short slants an screens to keep Dobs upright. Go Vols!!!

Wait.......seriously?

Reactions: 12 people

If I'm not mistaken they pulled North out of the game after the first series so he could keep resting his shoulder. They did keep saying in previous games he had a nagging shoulder injury, particularly in the USC game.

Back in my day, we didn't even have labrums...it was just a piece of whale blubber. When we hurt it, we just rubbed dirt on it. Kids today have a bunch of weak labrums.

Just kidding. Hope he gets it taken care of and comes back better than ever. Go VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
Dang! We are gonna be able to field a team, aren't we??? :blink::blink::banghead2::banghead2:

All these top guys out has me worried! :sad:

We should have some concern. Talent wise, We have back-ups for people like AJ.
However, talent doesn't look over and make sure young players are lined up correctly.
That comes from leadership and experience.
IMO, we can still win Sat, but we will miss AJ more than I think we are acknowledging.

Bring it on.

Don't forget Alex Ellis who has made some clutch catches for us. He hasn't had a ton of looks but he's averaging 16ypc.

Reactions: 1 person
I know we have depth in that position but man, North is so clutch and just catches anything throw to him...hopefully not stds.

It's not gonna be good if he's injured, he's by far the best wr. I don't think he played the 2nd half of the usc game either. We are playing a better team than usc tomorrow, even if their schedule is the weakest of the sec.

We really would like to have North ... but Pearson, Malone, Croom, a Pig catch here, a Jon Johnson there, not to mention all our learning TE's ... we might be OK.

Also, either Jake or Azzani said Wharton had his best week of practice and has earned playing time this week.

North hasn't been right for weeks and, per the OP, he could be done for the season. This would explain his lack of productivity for quite a long time.

No need to freak. He has had one catch in two games and very few targets. We are ok, cause Dobbs presence make defenses focus on him. It will be alright, WR is a position of strength and depth.

VN Store

Back