North Dakota State Bison at Montana Grizzlies 3:30PM ESPN

Expect Montana to eventually run its offense at a tempo that make Oregon even seem slow. Their new coach, Bob Stitt, averaged 89.9 plays per game last season at the Colorado School of Mines, which was more than Baylor, Oregon and West Virginia averaged in the FBS.

"People ask me on a week-to-week basis what we're going to do," Stitt said. "We don't know. We might run it 45 times. We might throw it 80 times. It's really predicated on how the defense plays us."

That versatility stands out to his peers. "It's almost like a moving, throwing Wing-T," Leach said. "It's pretty cool. I think he's highly respected among coaches. Everybody would see how he did stuff. It kind of kept us in awe." Montana Grizzlies coach Bob Stitt is a cult favorite among coaches

Reactions: 1 person
So...we're 2 quarters into the season and I already hate that "Roots" song ESPN keeps playing.

I've not really paid attention to it yet (I mute the tv during commercials) but I'm sure I will come to hate it too.

The song that was played incessantly during bowl season last year made me want to puncture my eardrums.

Ive missed hearing, "going deep, gotta man' touchdown calls.

I think Eastern Washington, Idaho, Idaho St, Montana, Montana St, South Dakota St, North Dakota St, South Dakota, North Dakota and New Mexico St need to reform the WAC.

The WAC is dead as an FBS conference. Sorry, but it's not coming back.

Wow, great catch.

I think they're not checking the out of bounds before the catch part...maybe saying he was forced out? (The mic cut out.)

1st and goal from the 4, and they don't get it.

And they're kicking a FG with 3 minutes left when they're down by 7?

Montana really screwed up the end of that drive. Probably going to cost them the game.

This has been a fun game to watch. Wish tgeyd hurry I gotta go to work!

Montana really screwed up the end of that drive. Probably going to cost them the game.

They probably should have thrown the ball instead of trying to run and losing yardage. I don't really understand them kicking the field goal since they were down by 7.

Exciting game And excellent Finish no matter who wins.

2nd and goal pass overthrown.

3rd down the rb goes over the top but gets stopped at the 1

4th and goal with 6 seconds left. Here's the game.

VN Store

Back