Norlander says Vols worst in SEC

Norlander, shouldn't he be covering bobbsledding, curling, and Nordic skiing?

How knows how this tram is going to be cause they said we was going to be last in the sec when reformer CCM was here and we was second...a lot of teams got question about how they going to play out soo its all in the air but for kenstucky....so im cheering and not bring any negative talk our way cause thats how questions get brough up and then more negative talk.
Did terry change his screen name?

I know Norlander's name because he is a colleague of Gary Parrish, who has a radio show in Memphis. He is someone whose gig is to write about college basketball, so he knows more than those who generally write on sports. I think it is just one man's opinion, and I wouldn't get worked up about it. I think Tyndall's history has shown he won't be terrible. I don't expect us to be last, but I also have no idea how well we will play.

I don't really see how he arrived at that conclusion. He's pretty much saying we go winless in the sec and only win 10-12 games. He must not have any confidence in tyndall whatsoever which is sort of bizarre.

Which teams do you guys feel confident that we'll finish ahead of?

(Can't think of a better way to word that question ATM)

Yeah that was about the only one I could think of too. How are S Carolina supposed to be?

Last edited:
Which teams do you guys feel confident that we'll finish ahead of?

(Can't think of a better way to word that question ATM)

Kentucky, Florida, south Carolina. Georgia, vandy, Alabama. Auburn, A&M, Arkansas, ole Miss, miss state, and LSU

Reactions: 2 people
I don't really see how he arrived at that conclusion. He's pretty much saying we go winless in the sec and only win 10-12 games. He must not have any confidence in tyndall whatsoever which is sort of bizarre.

He simply said we will most likely be the worst team in the SEC. Has much more to do with the players on the court rather than coaching abilities.

He simply said we will most likely be the worst team in the SEC. Has much more to do with the players on the court rather than coaching abilities.

We were picked to be one of the worst teams cuonzo's first year before the season began because hopson and harris went pro. Look how that turned out. I'm not too worried about it.

Who cares what he says. We have already had several discussions(and I'm sure many more) about what this team will and will not do this season.

We were picked to be one of the worst teams cuonzo's first year before the season began because hopson and harris went pro. Look how that turned out. I'm not too worried about it.

Just saying his assessment of UT being an SEC bottom feeder is most likely not based on his opinion of Tyndall.

Just saying his assessment of UT being an SEC bottom feeder is most likely not based on his opinion of Tyndall.

If tyndall has an ounce of coaching acumen, which I believe he does, they won't finish at the bottom. This roster just isn't that awful IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
If tyndall has an ounce of coaching acumen, which I believe he does, they won't finish at the bottom. This roster just isn't that awful IMO.

It's not that we don't have talent, it's that we basically have no PG nor true post outside of Carmichael. Factor in our youth and inexperience, it's just unrealistic to think we'll finish in the top half at this point. Don't get me wrong, anything can happen, but a >.500 SEC record is just not look realistic right now.

I do agree that it's improbable we'll finish 14/14. 7-10 IMO.

Let's hear it from Donnie:

"We're certainly going to be the least experienced team in the SEC, maybe the least experienced team in all of college basketball," Tyndall said on a league teleconference Monday.

No doubt, it helped that Tyndall's first team at Southern Miss joined Lipscomb and Mississippi State as having the fewest collective seasons of Division I experience: six seasons.

Southern Miss finished 27-10, which included a program high 12 victories in Conference USA. His second team had a 29-7 record, 13-3 in the league.

Tyndall quickly noted that such immediate success might not happen at Tennessee.

Read more here: Donnie Tyndall's stubborn nature will serve him well at Tennessee | College Basketball | Kentucky.com

It's not that we don't have talent, it's that we basically have no PG nor true post outside of Carmichael. Factor in our youth and inexperience, it's just unrealistic to think we'll finish in the top half at this point. Don't get me wrong, anything can happen, but a >.500 SEC record is just not look realistic right now.

I do agree that it's improbable we'll finish 14/14. 7-10 IMO.

I'll probably wait to make my prediction about the upcoming season but it will likely resemble something close to that. You have to remember, UT hasn't had a true pg in years. That position will work itself out. May have to play it by committee. As far as bodies in the paint goes, I'm hoping one or two guys can step up and play a bunch of minutes. We don't have a stokes type of go to player anymore. May have to play that position by committee too.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back