Non-Lady Vol Game discussion

Ohio State at Duke 11-30
Duke at South Carolina 12-3
Stanford at Baylor 12-3
Also Notre Dame at UConn this Sunday.

Reactions: 2 people
Chattanooga held Auburn scoreless in the first quarter and won easily. And they have defeated two Big Ten teams.

Reactions: 3 people
Duke will lose both games and Stanford will upset Baylor imo
Now that Kim and Cox are back with the team things appear to be back on track. Lauren was rocking it last week.

DPqhOGmVQAEWcqa.jpg

Lauren was one board away from a double/double and Juicy Landrum had her breakout game (4 of 5 from 3pt land) vs UK. Looking for a solid victory over Stanford today.

Last edited:
ugh, fulmer is as bad as hamilton was.

hire Blackburn asap
Rick Hart is doing an outstanding job at SMU, IMO. He comes equuipt with his own FB coach (Chad Morris) who has deep ties with talent rich QB factory Lake Travis HS. Morris didn't do too bad of a job with Tajh Boyd as OC at Clemson.

Hart and SMU also give a flip about basketball.

That's my two cents.

Last edited:
Not much West Coast posting here, but--in case anyone is interested--Oregon beat Weber State today 114-87 in a shootout that likely won't make Kelly Graves a happy camper regarding the Duck defense. One the other hand, the Ducks scored 44 points in the 3rd period and shot 56% overall.

S. Ionescu came close to posting the 7th triple double of her relatively short career, with 21 points (on 7 of 10 from the field), 7 rebounds, and 14 assists (no turnovers), and the team's freshman star in waiting--Satou Sabally from Germany--led the way with 22 points (8 of 10 from the field). The Ducks have already beaten A&M on the road, Oklahoma at home, and play at Mississippi State a week from Wednesday. The last should be a good indication of how much they have improved from last year. (I'd say quite a bit.)

Reactions: 1 person
Carson Newman is 9-0 and averaging nearly 100 ppg. and looking at the box scores several major changes since their exhibition game. I suspect they may be better than the Sunday - Southern Alabama team the LV face.

Now that Kim and Cox are back with the team things appear to be back on track. Lauren was rocking it last week.

Lauren was one board away from a double/double and Juicy Landrum had her breakout game (4 of 5 from 3pt land) vs UK. Looking for a solid victory over Stanford today.

Hey I don’t know if you heard but we had one of those too! Congrats 😎

Attachments

• 610C35A7-9CBD-4F9D-A0E2-604F29F2E114.jpg
    610C35A7-9CBD-4F9D-A0E2-604F29F2E114.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4
Some common opponents Mississippi State 44 - OK STATE 41 at the half...

TN was 41-31 at the half with OK State

JMU 33 - Florida State 32 at the half...

TN was 48 - 28 at the half with JMU

Msst only beat OkSt by 3 at home .. ladyvols beat them by 10 on a neutral site..👀👀👀👀

ND vs UConn is on ESPN now. Holy post moves, Shepard is going to be a handful for Russell.

ND vs UConn is on ESPN now. Holy post moves, Shepard is going to be a handful for Russell.

The thing UT has that UCONN doesn’t is big bodies to throw at Shepard... she seemed to wear down as the game went on. That and her teammates stopped looking for her downlow. Russell is 200+ pounds, Stevens is only around 175/180 to battle Shepard’s 200 pound frame. UT can also put Green (185-190)... I’d run my bigs on Pats post highway and tire her legs out. She missed a few easy shots as she was huffing air. She is a good player and I expect her to know the system better by the time we play in January. Neither team seems to have a rim defender ( Gabby Williams didn’t play second half however). I am actually glad our guards/wings are excited to get blocks and play defense.

One more observation Shepard may be a load for Russell but the LV can expose their 4 player (Nelson or Westbeld) by using their quickness (Nared/Davis/ or even Green). Westbeld will and can shoot the outside shot but so can our forwards. Green is gaining confidence and starting to take people off the dribble.

Last edited:
ND is out of gas here. 15 point swing, and UConn now up 75-70. Refs are giving UConn a lot of breaks too.

ND looks like they blew it. They had a 10 point lead and UConn has scored every time down since.

They don't look unbeatable, and maybe ND is better than I thought they'd be, but it's disappointing to see ND choke this away. ND missed a lot of open looks down the stretch that they were making earlier.

VN Store

Back