Non-Lady Vol Game discussion

Sixth-ranked Notre Dame (5-0) plays No. 3 South Carolina (6-0) tonight on a neutral court in Florida. One of these teams will get their first loss. Any predictions? I expect USC to take the victory due to their inside advantage.

Is the game televised?

Is it me or are some of these other top 25 teams seemingly running up the scores and playing a lot of their starters when the score is out of reach? It’s just weird to me that if your up 67-31 at the end of the third that you keep your starters in half way thru the 4th quarter... it’s not like your bench is short either. I know some of us criticize CHW for decisions but I will never fault her for not running up the score. This is NOT a post about UCONN either because Geno has gone 6-7 deep for as long as I have really been watching... the others that sit and watch either earn their way on the floor later in their careers or transfer. Some of these other schools though I think are just trying to make certain players look good and pad their stats. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite them in the end.

Is it me or are some of these other top 25 teams seemingly running up the scores and playing a lot of their starters when the score is out of reach? It’s just weird to me that if your up 67-31 at the end of the third that you keep your starters in half way thru the 4th quarter... it’s not like your bench is short either. I know some of us criticize CHW for decisions but I will never fault her for not running up the score. This is NOT a post about UCONN either because Geno has gone 6-7 deep for as long as I have really been watching... the others that sit and watch either earn their way on the floor later in their careers or transfer. Some of these other schools though I think are just trying to make certain players look good and pad their stats. Hope it doesn’t come back to bite them in the end.

TAMU’s Chennedy Carter is an early favorite for SEC Freshman of the Year.

TAMU’s Chennedy Carter is an early favorite for SEC Freshman of the Year.

Agreed! I think it will be between her and Rennia maybe even Annie... I just think Rennia’s game is going to be more consistent this year as the guards may find it harder to score and do what they are doing right now. Rennia could score more if she wanted but she is all about a team the team concept. Chennedy Carter is awesome but they need her to score like she does... their schedule has also been extremely favorable to them (except Oregon which she still performed well against). I’m interested to see how the freshmen’s averages are compared to their conference averages...

Agreed! I think it will be between her and Rennia maybe even Annie... I just think Rennia’s game is going to be more consistent this year as the guards may find it harder to score and do what they are doing right now. Rennia could score more if she wanted but she is all about a team the team concept. Chennedy Carter is awesome but they need her to score like she does... their schedule has also been extremely favorable to them (except Oregon which she still performed well against). I’m interested to see how the freshmen’s averages are compared to their conference averages...

Yes, I think Carter will put up big numbers because she’ll be relied on to score more. I think Rennia is just scratching the surface of how good she can become. If she continues to progress, I definitely see her challenging for FOY. I’m sure it will be a tight race once conference play begins and new stars emerge and some favorites fizzle. I’m hoping any of our four freshmen can take FOY.

If A. Wilson had played the 1st half like 2nd half South Carolina would have won by 10.

34 from her was more than enough. It is a team sport after all. I think this is like her 3rd 30+ point game already this year. She is going to be worn out by game 15 if her teammates don't start helping her out more. Lord help them if A'ja gets hurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
34 from her was more than enough. It is a team sport after all. I think this is like her 3rd 30+ point game already this year. She is going to be worn out by game 15 if her teammates don't start helping her out more. Lord help them is A'ja gets hurt.

Yup to beat SC you let Wilson get hers because you know you can’t stop her and you stop everyone else!

You know she’s going to get hers, its the other players (Spann, Harris, Cuevas-Moore) that you have to keep in check!

Yup to beat SC you let Wilson get hers because you know you can’t stop her and you stop everyone else!

You know she’s going to get hers, its the other players (Spann, Harris, Cuevas-Moore) that you have to keep in check!

I think thats what gives us and MSU a better chance at beating them. We have players that can match up on the low block and challenge her more. However Russell is far more mobile than MCcowan, so she should be able to do more damage and potentially draw fouls on the offensive end when posting up

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
at least we know where Butch's brick by bricks are. Lindsey Spann was shooting them last night for USC.

I think thats what gives us and MSU a better chance at beating them. We have players that can match up on the low block and challenge her more. However Russell is far more mobile than MCcowan, so she should be able to do more damage and potentially draw fouls on the offensive end when posting up

I think A&M will pose a problem for them also! Carter is a problem and Howard is a beast of the boards she compliments Hillsman well, if Danny Williams can hit from the outside like she did against Texas Tech yesterday I would be more worried about them than I would SC and Miss State (that’s just my opinion)

Where are our GameCock visitors, maybe they can offer some insight as into what may have happened for them to lose this game. It wasn’t on TV so I’m sure many of us didn’t watch.

Reactions: 5 people
Some upcoming games of interest:

Ohio State at Duke 11-30

Duke at South Carolina 12-3
Stanford at Baylor 12-3

Duke will lose both games and Stanford will upset Baylor imo

I think duke beats SC. Duke has a lot of athletic bigs to throw at Wilson and much better guard play. I think Baylor beats Stanford. Stanford wont have an answer for cox and brown.

VN Store

Back