Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I’m just saying I don’t see it. Most coaches change to their roster.. not 1 girl but that’s bc they recruited that way.

U may be right but again I think it’s a bad fit. A high efficiency slow post doesn’t scream OU. And a slow OU doesn’t fit her girls.

Also your first sentence contradicts your paragraph lmaoooo 😭
Not trying to get into an argument with you or discount anything you said. I don’t think my first sentence contradicts anything though. I’m saying last year won’t necessarily reflect what they do next year or how they play given the personnel. They have not had a good post presence that can rebound, and they have been trying to get that which means they have to play a certain way. What happens if they have that? That pace likely changes and will. Most coaches know how to adapt or they better if they want to win. The players can as well. It’s been proven time and again. One single style isn’t going to cut it for 40 mins against every single team especially moving to the SEC. You’re going to have a lot of half court possessions just like they did in their prior conference. They certainly could have used a big post who can score and rebound in those situations which they have lacked for years. Beers might see herself as that missing piece. Even given their “system” we’ve seen I can’t see their coach squandering what she can bring to the table. If so, she isn’t much of a coach IMO.

Not trying to get into an argument with you or discount anything you said. I don’t think my first sentence contradicts anything though. I’m saying last year won’t necessarily reflect what they do next year or how they play given the personnel. They have not had a good post presence that can rebound, and they have been trying to get that which means they have to play a certain way. What happens if they have that? That pace likely changes and will. Most coaches know how to adapt or they better if they want to win. The players can as well. It’s been proven time and again. One single style isn’t going to cut it for 40 mins against every single team especially moving to the SEC. You’re going to have a lot of half court possessions just like they did in their prior conference. They certainly could have used a big post who can score and rebound in those situations which they have lacked for years. Beers might see herself as that missing piece. Even given their “system” we’ve seen I can’t see their coach squandering what she can bring to the table. If so, she isn’t much of a coach IMO.
She is a very good coach, you don’t win the B12 being a bad coach, that conference had some really good teams.

Nah, Sam and Sam.
Yes but that's worrisome to me re: Ruby. Sam W was the original Ruby contact here I believe, and Sam P seems pretty likable. They ended up a mess last season so hopefully she'll still like us more. But it's a new concern.

But I absolutely love it for Sam W, though I don't love having her recruit against us.

Yes but that's worrisome to me re: Ruby. Sam W was the original Ruby contact here I believe, and Sam P seems pretty likable. They ended up a mess last season so hopefully she'll still like us more. But it's a new concern.

But I absolutely love it for Sam W, though I don't love having her recruit against us.
For me it’s not having her recruit against us, it’s about the players that were interested in us is through her. But after that I’m more worried about Texas recruiting against us, I do notice the players we are after in future recruiting classes they are as well.

For me it’s not having her recruit against us, it’s about the players that were interested in us is through her. But after that I’m more worried about Texas recruiting against us, I do notice the players we are after in future recruiting classes they are as well.
Naturally Texas is going to be a bigger recruiting problem for everyone right now than Miss St. They win more. Everyone goes after all the same, best players. But like you said, it's all those years of contacts Sam's developed that are worrisome too. But I think our new coaches have a few of their own

Naturally Texas is going to be a bigger recruiting problem for everyone right now than Miss St. They win more. Everyone goes after all the same, best players. But like you said, it's all those years of contacts Sam's developed that are worrisome too. But I think our new coaches have a few of their own
Vic has better resources and a better destination to recruit to now, and his move back into SEC country should be watched closely, Texas will come into the SE states on recruiting visits and have a good sales pitch. They can recruit nationally obviously, but coming into the SEC has opened up some more doors for him. He took MSU to a NC game, think about that now that he is steering the Longhorn ship.

Vic has better resources and a better destination to recruit to now, and his move back into SEC country should be watched closely, Texas will come into the SE states on recruiting visits and have a good sales pitch. They can recruit nationally obviously, but coming into the SEC has opened up some more doors for him. He took MSU to a NC game, think about that now that he is steering the Longhorn ship.

I believe we will have to see about that overall.
Tennessee has certainty seem to have a different buzz nowadays. That video dunk by Jillian Hollingshead in a beautiful state of the art practice facility at UT has young recruits like Holland Harris, Nyla Brooks, and others attention!
The prestige of the Tennessee program is something Texas will never have.
The new benefit for UT is the attraction of cities in the area in a SE state with connections to Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville as a college town. These kids like to get out on the weekend and off-season to have fun. Tennessee is a place year around that brings a lot to do for young people.
These young athletes are drawn to that and if the rumored 2.3 million NIL collective is in place for the new coach right now then CKC and her staff will recruit with anybody for young high school stars.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Tennessee has certainty seem to have a different buzz nowadays. That video dunk by Jillian Hollingshead in a beautiful state of the art practice facility at UT has young recruits like Holland Harris, Nyla Brooks, and others attention!
The new benefit for UT is the attraction of cities in the area in a SE state with connections to Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville as a college town. These kids like to get out on the weekend and off-season to have fun. Tennessee is a place year around that brings a lot to do for young people.
These young athletes are drawn to that and if the rumored 2.3 million NIL collective is in place for the new coach right now then CKC and her staff will recruit with anybody for young high school stars.
Vic got to a NC game from Starkville, which does not have any of the benefits of Tenn as you correctly posted. He has better location and deeper resources now, that was my only point other than he can get into some more SE homes now that his team is back in the SEC. Texas WBB is going to be a big player in the SEC as long as he is there. There is no question about that HRT, and he is already recruiting at an elite level there, that isn’t going away.

And the benefit/attractions for UT which you stated are NOT new, those cities and the prestige were always there.

Last edited:
Reactions: brittannica
Vic got to a NC game from Starkville, which does not have any of the benefits of Tenn as you correctly posted. He has better location and deeper resources now, that was my only point other than he can get into some more SE homes now that his team is back in the SEC.

The more preferable demographics are debatable. Different people like what they like.
I think city resources and university resources are two different things. Texas benefits from a natural resource that generates economic revenue.
Tennessee has prestige and boosters with deep deep pockets.
The university and athletics are thriving right now. They are competing with Texas or ahead across the board in athletics.
I would not say Tennessee is at a disadvantage against any school including Texas.
The WBB program beat out Texas for Rickea Jackson and Jewel Spear. We can act like that is different but it’s still recruiting Texas vs Tennessee. And now supposedly with a 2.3NIL collective in place this is not economical or political. UT is back in business.
As I said, let’s see wait and see.

The more preferable demographics are debatable. Different people like what they like.
I think city resources and university resources are two different things. Texas benefits from a natural resource that generates economic revenue.
Tennessee has prestige and boosters with deep deep pockets.
The university and athletics are thriving right now. They are competing with Texas or ahead across the board in athletics.
I would not say Tennessee is at a disadvantage against any school including Texas.
The WBB program beat out Texas for Rickea Jackson and Jewel Spear. We can act like that is different but it’s still recruiting Texas vs Tennessee. And now supposedly with a 2.3NIL collective in place this is not economical or political. UT is back in business.
As I said, let’s see wait and see.
Texas has a huge population advantage to most states, Tenn included. Texas has more financial resources than any school in the country, check the facts.

Look at the recruiting classes Vic has recruited at Texas since he has been there, look closely. Sometimes you make decent points, but often you just say **** that isn‘t even close to reality. I guess it makes you feel good or you just have a small world view, it matters not. Oh did I mention Texas has a coach that took MSU to a NC game? Peace.

Austin, TX is an absolute rockin’ town and Jody Conradt would like a word with you.

Texas has a huge population advantage to most states, Tenn included. Texas has more financial resources than any school in the country, check the facts.

Look at the recruiting classes Vic has recruited at Texas since he has been there, look closely. Sometimes you make decent points, but often you just say **** that isn‘t even close to reality. I guess it makes you feel good or you just have a small world view, it matters not. Oh did I mention Texas has a coach that took MSU to a NC game? Peace.

You got to wear this L.
Too dramatic of a post.

Projection of someone’s worldview from a message board about two universities you can drop in a bucket and find few distinctions based on an online post is beyond asinine.

No purpose in you constantly going to the extreme for a few clicks from the L-team on a message board.

Reality is Rickea Jackson picked Tennessee over Texas. Reality is Jewel Spear picked Tennessee over Texas.

Both had equal success as Texas underclassman Booker in their first season(s) in college which is Vic prize recruiting possession this year.

Everyone knows after dealing with multiple coaching changes as an underclassmen Rickea Jackson settled in her two seasons at Tennessee and should’ve been an All-American.

That was proven when she went #4 in the WNBA draft.

Jewel did it at Wake Forest starting as a freshman and winning the ACC scoring title as a sophomore.

Audi Crooks is doing it at Iowa State just to take Tennessee out of the equation.

High level talent is equally distributed among all P5 schools. Texas does not have a monopoly on the top recruits. That is not close to reality.

Once(when) the new Tennessee staff builds it the recruits will come (again).

Last edited:
Surprised they took her instead of a big. I was thinking Beers from Oregon State would be a good fit and a really good chance of winning a NC next year.
I'm thinking Berube may have had some influence here. Chen isn't the 2nd coming of Clark, but she had respectable numbers at Princeton. Beers would be great but if not we'll see what El ALfi brings.

You got to wear this L.
Too dramatic of a post.

Projection of someone’s worldview from a message board about two universities you can drop in a bucket and find few distinctions based on an online post is beyond asinine.

No purpose in you constantly going to the extreme for a few clicks from the L-team on a message board.

Reality is Rickea Jackson picked Tennessee over Texas. Reality is Jewel Spear picked Tennessee over Texas.

Both had equal success as Texas underclassman Booker in their first season(s) in college which is Vic prize recruiting possession this year.

Everyone knows after dealing with multiple coaching changes as an underclassmen Rickea Jackson settled in her two seasons at Tennessee and should’ve been an All-American.

That was proven when she went #4 in the WNBA draft.

Jewel did it at Wake Forest starting as a freshman and winning the ACC scoring title as a sophomore.

Audi Crooks is doing it at Iowa State just to take Tennessee out of the equation.

High level talent is equally distributed among all P5 schools. Texas does not have a monopoly on the top recruits. That is not close to reality.

Once(when) the new Tennessee staff builds it the recruits will come (again).

Wait. ROOSTER's post was "too dramatic"?

Oh, lawd. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

VN Store

Back