Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Nah, don't think so. Probably be the usual 8K for a Thurs night game. There's been no real push like last yr for the UConn and SC games. They shot their wad for those games last year and then weren't competitive. I think most fans feel like I do - let's just get this over with and move on with the least amount of damage possible. If there's increased attendance and enthusiasm, it will be fm SC fans.

Depending on what happens at Vandy, LSU on a Sunday might be a different story.
I agree with you just hope Lady Vols can keep the score respectable.

I'm positive the wack job will fly by soon to call everyone NegaVols and proclaim a signature victory coming Thursday night..

This is why there's far more dread than excitement. As long as John Adams is around Knoxville, I will never be the grumpiest old man alive. He's been trolling UT sports since before the internet existed. You'll know by the butt hurt fans who will respond with how much they hate him and how much he hates UT. Trouble is, on this he is not wrong.

This is why there's far more dread than excitement. As long as John Adams is around Knoxville, I will never be the grumpiest old man alive. He's been trolling UT sports since before the internet existed. You'll know by the butt hurt fans who will respond with how much they hate him and how much he hates UT. Trouble is, on this he is not wrong.
Ouch...that was harsh. I guess he's not a Kellie fan either.

I think they can keep it reasonably competitve. I'm expecting that it will be a 12-15 pt loss, unless Tennessee really stinks it up. But then again, they were up 27 on UConn without having their best player, so probably more depends on how SC plays.

SC likely wins big at all of their matchups except SG (Spears vs. Paopao) and at PF (Jackson vs. Kitts). The SG matchup is pretty much a draw. The PF depends, but is likely to be Kitts being unable to defend Jackson, but making up for it with points and rebounds on the other end. Then when Watkins comes in to guard Rickea, then she has the potential to really slow her down.

I think that outside shooting will be a big factor in this game for both teams, and is the difference between Tennessee keeping it respectable and SC blowing the game open.

I think that outside shooting will be a big factor in this game for both teams, and is the difference between Tennessee keeping it respectable and SC blowing the game open.
Agree, if we can hit some 3s it might be relatively non-embarrassing. One big problem is that Rickea's mid range shot has gone totally MIA the last few games. She's hitting 3s better than 12 ft shots. She mentioned it in the tv post game interview the other night. Said they'd been encouraging her to just get to rim to get her points. Which is fine against Missu and Arky, but she will not be waltzing to the rim against SC. If the mid range doesn't reappear, this may be a rough game for her scoring wise.

Probably our best hope for not getting curb stomped is that Dawn really respects Pat and likes Kellie and will probably take her foot off the gas early, inasmuch as she's able to. Don't think she'll take great pleasure in humiliating us. LOL which is kinda humiliating in itself.

The 8-time Nat’l champion LVs already caught one dub over SC with commit Nyla Brooks who should be a Top 5-10 2025 prospect by the end of her Jr. season dominating in a game against the #5 team in the country with a Top 15 2024 SC commit.

Brooks was easily the best player on the court. Facts.

The SEC fan club on Twitter, NVs, and the old goofy back on VN probably will try to ignore that like they do everytime they get exposed.

8>2

Oh and for that goofy NV up there with the indirect post… the 2027 commit has led the #3 team in the country in scoring in a big game as a freshman. Sounds like that got you in your feelings. Weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Agree, if we can hit some 3s it might be relatively non-embarrassing. One big problem is that Rickea's mid range shot has gone totally MIA the last few games. She's hitting 3s better than 12 ft shots. She mentioned it in the tv post game interview the other night. Said they'd been encouraging her to just get to rim to get her points. Which is fine against Missu and Arky, but she will not be waltzing to the rim against SC. If the mid range doesn't reappear, this may be a rough game for her scoring wise.

Probably our best hope for not getting curb stomped is that Dawn really respects Pat and likes Kellie and will probably take her foot off the gas early, inasmuch as she's able to. Don't think she'll take great pleasure in humiliating us. LOL which is kinda humiliating in itself.
Dawn also really respects Geno, and she didn't call the dogs off until there was like 5 min left in the game and they were up almost 30 at that point.

I find it interesting that top teams are more than happy to beat mid major cupcakes 137-20, but seem to hit the brakes in conference games (ex. SC vs. UK).

NVs want attention so bad👆. Y’all picked that side now stay there!

I watched it.. Bishop Ireton defeated Bishop McNamara #5 in the nation. Brooks was the best player on the court.

LV commit currently #16 ranked player in 2025 v SC commit currently #12 ranked player in 2024.
Brooks was unstoppable.

SEC fan club and SC fans prized commit couldn’t do nothing with 2025 LV commit Nyla Brooks.

Brooks is a walking bucket. Jordan Horston and Flaujae Johnson like skills on the court.

A straight dawg with the ball in her hands. It’s scary hours.. y’all better hope she doesn’t early enroll like Kaniya Boyd.

Last edited:
It'll be our luck that Cardoso will be back just in time to play Tennessee. Is that the case, or is she still away with her national team?

---------

NEVERMIND! Here's the answer:

Actually her status depends on if she practices today, according to Dawn. Cardoso got back late yesterday and Dawn said she will wait to see if Cardoso is feeling ready to practice today but did not rule out her not playing tomorrow.

The 8-time Nat’l champion LVs already caught one dub over SC with commit Nyla Brooks who should be a Top 5-10 2025 prospect by the end of her Jr. season dominating in a game against the #5 team in the country with a Top 15 2024 SC commit.

Brooks was easily the best player on the court. Facts.

The SEC fan club on Twitter, NVs, and the old goofy back on VN probably will try to ignore that like they do everytime they get exposed.

8>2

Oh and for that goofy NV up there with the indirect post… the 2027 commit has led the #3 team in the country in scoring in a big game as a freshman. Sounds like that got you in your feelings. Weird.

Not taking away from Finley. You do know a big game isn’t characterized playing the #16 ranked team in Florida per MaxPreps with a 5-4 district record and overall 13-9 record on a 3 game losing streak.

Actually her status depends on if she practices today, according to Dawn. Cardoso got back late yesterday and Dawn said she will wait to see if Cardoso is feeling ready to practice today but did not rule out her not playing tomorrow.

She should sit out a game for her antics during international play. That shove was not a good look. I’m a Camila fan, she’s a great player and has a great motor and agility for her size. Did not like that look though.

Don't tell me that "I" am the one that is going to give the Vols more credit than you guys. I would never underestimate your teams desire to beat us. I would not be shocked if the Lady Vols pulled off the upset. I don't think they have the bench to do it but in an all-out effort this Lady Vols team is no pushover. I expect a close game regardless. I don't think a blowout by us is in order. If we win it will be a completive game. Good luck...hope no injuries...and "play ball" !!!

Whatever the NVs crew say lol.. they wouldn’t touch that subject with video proof of LV commits putting in work!

They get their info from the SEC fan club on Twitter and SC crew!

They been sleep since Nyla Brooks LV commit shocked ESPN #5 ranked team led by a SC commit!

Brooks should be a Top 5 2025 prospect right now. Matter of fact, if she reclassified today I would put her in the Top 15. She been wiping these 2024 commits nose all season. Look at what she did against the #3 2024 player in another game earlier this season!

As for the SEC game on Thursday, we ready!

Who guards Jewel Spear? If it’s Raven that’s a 20 piece! If it’s PaoPao that’s a 35 piece!

Who guards Rickea Jackson? If it’s Kitts that a 35 piece! If it’s Watkins it’s still a 35 piece!

Did y’all see what Utah undersized forward did against SC? Did y’all see what a weak NC team did against SC?

If the LVs play majority of the minutes with Jewel ‘Fear Da Spear’ Spear, Rickea, 5-star McD All-American Jillian Hollingshead, former All-SEC freshman Sara ‘Buckets’ Puckett, and elite shot blocker TK then the LVs will win. Rotate Karo, Powell, and Wynn in spots. Powell will start but bring in Jillian Hollingshead expeditiously!

Letsssss gooooooooooo!
Lets GBO🍊

Whatever the NVs crew say lol.. they wouldn’t touch that subject with video proof of LV commits putting in work!

They been sleep since Nyla Brooks LV commit shocked ESPN #5 ranked team led by a SC commit!

Brooks should be a Top 5 2025 prospect right now.

Who guards Jewel Spear? If it’s Raven that’s a 20 piece! If it’s PaoPao that’s a 35 piece!

Who guards Rickea Jackson? If it’s Kitts that a 35 piece! If it’s Watkins it’s still a 35 piece!

Did y’all see what Utah undersized forward did against SC? Did y’all see what a weak NC team did against SC?

If the LVs play majority of the minutes with Jewel ‘Fear Da Spear’ Spear, Rickea, 5-star McD All-American Jillian Hollingshead, former All-SEC freshman Sara ‘Buckets’ Puckett, and elite shot blocker TK then the LVs will win. Rotate Karo, Powell, and Wynn in spots. Powell will start but bring in Jillian Hollingshead expeditiously!

Letsssss gooooooooooo!
Lets GBO🍊

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Makes not an iota of difference. They won't miss a beat without her
No, it won't make a difference regarding whether we get spanked or not, but it might be a slightly less severe spanking without Cardoso. 5 to 10 points difference, maybe?

Don't tell me that "I" am the one that is going to give the Vols more credit than you guys. I would never underestimate your teams desire to beat us. I would not be shocked if the Lady Vols pulled off the upset. I don't think they have the bench to do it but in an all-out effort this Lady Vols team is no pushover. I expect a close game regardless. I don't think a blowout by us is in order. If we win it will be a completive game. Good luck...hope no injuries...and "play ball" !!!

You listening to the NVs.. of course they will down the team and pick them to lose. The LVs are the heavy underdog. They should be. Loss too many games that they had no business losing… but now it’s on the staff to give the team a chance to climb out of this situation. I posted the winning formula.. 8 Nat’l Championships to 2.. we been doing this👇. Letsssss GBO🍊

Brooks should be a Top 5 2025 prospect right now. Matter of fact, if she reclassified today I would put her in the Top 15. She been wiping these 2024 commits nose all season. Look at what she did against the #3 2024 player in another game earlier this season!

Letsssss gooooooooooo!
Lets GBO🍊

No, it won't make a difference regarding whether we get spanked or not, but it might be a slightly less severe spanking without Cardoso. 5 to 10 points difference, maybe?
Actually it will make a little difference in whether we make the NCAA or not. The closer we play them the better our chances. Losing by 20 or more will hurt those chances that is the way the NET works margin of victory.

VN Store

Back