No music played on rocky top during practices

wonder how many watches he owns?

Don’t know about watches, but I’m pretty sure he has FIVE national championship rings. Oh, and as long as there is no roll tide sticker on his vehicle, he can drive anything from a Farmall tractor to a Bugatti for all I care. Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
Stupid to ask the question and stupid statement IMO ... yes they do play music at football games and other sporting events. Maybe he plans to ban the marching bands from Neyland. The crowd also gets very very loud at football games. I'm assuming he is going to ask for perfect silence during the games so the players can hear him yell out instructions from the sideline.

I understand the intent of what he is saying, but you can bet at some point he will pipe in sound / noise at practice to prepare the team for communication on the playing field. If not, be prepared for many miscues around the snap when it is really really loud.

Regardless if he is not successful it will not matter what he does - it will be all wrong.

That's a totally different context (of course he'll likely be doing that).

The context here, is hearing what your coaches are teaching / coaches connecting to the players (not entertaining with music).

How many (competent) high school/ college science teachers teach while also pumping loud music into the lab (there might be a few, sure)? Makes no sense (for many people) -- those who want to be entertained by music, should go to music class, or sit out in the parking lot in their Chevy, during practice.

Reactions: 3 people
Stupid to ask the question and stupid statement IMO ... yes they do play music at football games and other sporting events. Maybe he plans to ban the marching bands from Neyland. The crowd also gets very very loud at football games. I'm assuming he is going to ask for perfect silence during the games so the players can hear him yell out instructions from the sideline.

I understand the intent of what he is saying, but you can bet at some point he will pipe in sound / noise at practice to prepare the team for communication on the playing field. If not, be prepared for many miscues around the snap when it is really really loud.

Regardless if he is not successful it will not matter what he does - it will be all wrong.

Yeah, you know better than this. Music is indeed not piped through the PAs at stadiums during play. Also, we’re talking about practice, during periods of learning, not solely just playing.

And as you also surely know, all JP is saying is that during practice, rather than having to compete for his players attention with blaring music playing that can be heard all over campus, he prefers to have his players’ undivided attention so that he can more successfully coach them since they’ll be able to hear him much better, thus leading to better understanding and retention by his players.

I almost typed “nice try” at a nonsensical snarky post.....but in fact, it wasn’t much of a try.

Reactions: 5 people
Only the fans care about music during practice.

CJP will play music when it helps him coach.

I like being able to hear the "coaching".

It's awesome that he doesn't know if they play music at football games. That's a passionate focus. Or a great sense of humor. Or some of both.

Good. They don’t need to listen to freaking music during practice. I always thought that was stupid.

Focus on football not some song.

I think it's your nap time grandpa...

Good try for likes but a fail none the less.

I'm all for some metallica, white stripes, maybe even some Rocky themed music to get fired up at appropriate times. But having a DJ in my opinion was stupid and gimmicky and was about is inspiring as the third down for what garbage

Reactions: 4 people
"Last time I checked they don't play music during the games..."

:question:

So the PA is blaring music while the actual game is being played? I think he’s right about the last time he checked.

Also, practice, especially spring practice for a new staff, is far different from gameday. He’s trying to teach his players what he wants, why he wants it....why blare distracting music simultaneously that might lessen his ability to teach and the players’ ability to learn?

Reactions: 2 people
favorite-jones-butch-13JOKvQBIzRJx6

Reactions: 1 person
Crank it up works for ear buds and training rooms. Not team level coaching, thinking, and learning. Good call coach! I prefer more Pride of the Southland at the game as well.

The music is why our OL looked like a bunch of ballerina's on the field

It reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from Blazzing Saddles

[youtube]https://youtu.be/HQA003PutmE[/youtube]

The more I watch the practices without music or interruptions, except for coaching, the more I like CJP. It is a man’s game. Need focus. Need to hear the coach correcting poor play or technique without “git jiggy wit it”.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back