No mention of practice

My son who follows NBA (and internet memes) tells me Iverson was talking about specific practices he missed due to a death in the family, not practice in general.
He and Larry Brown got into in because he wanted out of Philadelphia and Larry said they wouldn’t trade him. They had just lost to Boston and been knocked out of the playoffs. He played poorly and was His best friend had been murdered and the trial started the day before the interview took place and he was a wreck. The documentary explains it a lot better. He basically goes on to say that practice for a game pales in comparison to larger issues. He is upset that he missed the trial because of practice and a series that they ended up losing. It’s really sad.

My son who follows NBA (and internet memes) tells me Iverson was talking about specific practices he missed due to a death in the family, not practice in general.

Larry Brown said that Iverson was not playing well because he had been skipping out on practices. In reality, Iverson only missed a handful of practices all season because of injuries. The Sixers just lost a very hard-fought series to the Celtics, and the media only kept asking him questions about missing practice, instead of the playoff series that was just completed. He was baffled that his friend had just died, and they are in the middle of the playoff season, the only thing the reporters wanted to do was ask him about practice, which he was not missing. Larry Brown was being a jerk by lying about that.

Larry Brown has a history of being a jerk when he wants out of a situation, and he wanted out of Philly. During the NBA Finals in 2005, when the Pistons and Spurs were tied 2-2, Larry Brown said that the NY Knicks was his dream job. What a thing to say when the team you’re coaching has an opportunity to win back-to-back championships. He skipped out on Detroit, unsurprisingly, the next season.

Reactions: HalfullVol and MAD
10/12 early enrollees participated but they’re not expected to play.

Mathews, Boo, Goree, Merk, Staley, Farook, Perry, Ginther, Satterwhite, & Anderson all were at practice today.

Lewis and Lindstrom are supposed to meet them in Orlando because they’re still in school.

That’s the only tidbits from practice that VQ has. Pretty sure it was closed to the media.
Cap’n Heup assembling his crew
D68193CA-1289-498A-8CA1-629AE996FF9C.gif

Larry Brown said that Iverson was not playing well because he had been skipping out on practices. In reality, Iverson only missed a handful of practices all season because of injuries. The Sixers just lost a very hard-fought series to the Celtics, and the media only kept asking him questions about missing practice, instead of the playoff series that was just completed. He was baffled that his friend had just died, and they are in the middle of the playoff season, the only thing the reporters wanted to do was ask him about practice, which he was not missing. Larry Brown was being a jerk by lying about that.

Larry Brown has a history of being a jerk when he wants out of a situation, and he wanted out of Philly. During the NBA Finals in 2005, when the Pistons and Spurs were tied 2-2, Larry Brown said that the NY Knicks was his dream job. What a thing to say when the team you’re coaching has an opportunity to win back-to-back championships. He skipped out on Detroit, unsurprisingly, the next season.
hed also been talking to Gary Payton the night before, asking Payton "why you never miss any games?" Payton told him "cuz coach don't make me practice"
(paraphrased, of course)

Last edited:

I liked AI. Dude played hard and I don't blame him for wanting out of Philly in his prime

Reactions: murfvol1
10/12 early enrollees participated but they’re not expected to play.

Mathews, Boo, Goree, Merk, Staley, Farook, Perry, Ginther, Satterwhite, & Anderson all were at practice today.

Lewis and Lindstrom are supposed to meet them in Orlando because they’re still in school.

That’s the only tidbits from practice that VQ has. Pretty sure it was closed to the media.
I didn’t think the early enrollees could play in the bowl game - only participate in practice. anybody know for sure?

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Haven’t seen or heard anything about how bowl practice is going. Any updates? Anybody sitting out? All I’ve been seeing is recruiting, NIL, 2024 schedule and transfer portal. If anyone has any news, sound off.
I just love it when yall panic. Fro Christ sake , we have a 9 million dollar a year coach. Can we please stop second guessing? Are you sure you know better?

I just love it when yall panic. Fro Christ sake , we have a 9 million dollar a year coach. Can we please stop second guessing? Are you sure you know better?
Lighten up Francis. You need to learn a lesson in reading comprehension!!!! I wasn’t questioning if they were practicing . Just asking if anybody has heard any updates.

Reactions: sgtwebb1
Context matters. People think he didn’t want to practice. That was never the case. He was going through some things that the media didn’t know about. Best friend was murdered and the trial started the day before this interview. He was falling apart.
The media trying to cause division as usual. He was saying to them they don’t know what they are talking about.

General Neyland didn't have a particularly impressive bowl record. He practiced for the next season, not for the bowl. I would not be unhappy if CJH did the same. OF cous

VN Store

Back