No Man's Sky (PS4, Xbox One, PC)

Why is there not much talk on here about this game? It looks amazing and I saw somewhere yesterday that they are shooting for June 2016. Can't wait to play this.

Why is there not much talk on here about this game? It looks amazing and I saw somewhere yesterday that they are shooting for June 2016. Can't wait to play this.

While it remains unconfirmed, you can bet this game WILL be on Playstation VR. I hear Sony is pushing for this to be a flagship title for the headset.

While it remains unconfirmed, you can bet this game WILL be on Playstation VR. I hear Sony is pushing for this to be a flagship title for the headset.

Seems like it would be a good choice.

I still have little hope for this game, but I hope I'm wrong. Looking forward to it coming out. The hype train on this one has been out of control.

Seems like it would be a good choice.

I still have little hope for this game, but I hope I'm wrong. Looking forward to it coming out. The hype train on this one has been out of control.

I feel the same. I hope people enjoy this game but I just see disappointment.

I'm fascinated with space, I think that's why I find this game so interesting. I really hope it lives up to the hype though.

Reactions: 1 person
Confirmed release date to be June 21st! Collectors Editions are coming out for both PC and PS4.

I know this game won't be for everybody but I am really looking forward to this!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JspGiUCDVtw#t=158[/youtube]

r5SeZGq.png

NoMansSky_LimitedEdition.jpg

considering the amount of work they've put into this; I don't see how it won't be spectacular. Even if its only 50% - 60% of its billing

I hope its good!

I think it's going to be very polarizing. I think some gamers are going to love it and some are going to despise it. I expect review scores to reflect that as well. We'll probably see scores that range anywhere from 2/10 to 10/10. This game is THE first of its kind, so everyone who plays it will be in sort of unfamiliar territory. That's why it's important that gamers understand what they are getting with this game and know what it is and what it isn't.

I think it's going to be very polarizing. I think some gamers are going to love it and some are going to despise it. I expect review scores to reflect that as well. We'll probably see scores that range anywhere from 2/10 to 10/10. This game is THE first of its kind, so everyone who plays it will be in sort of unfamiliar territory. That's why it's important that gamers understand what they are getting with this game and know what it is and what it isn't.

That is how I feel. I have zero interest in it but I hope its great for everyone who plays it.

More info...

While in previous presentations Murray had to show visually impressive planets with dinosaurs, but what he really likes to show are UI screens: how you upgrade a weapon, how you upgrade your suit, how you gather resources. That’s the game to him. When you’re playing a lot of the aesthetics melt away, and you’re more concerned about where to find plutonium or something like that.

The game is based on trading, fighting, survival and exploration. Those things feed into each other.

You can use binoculars if you have that upgrade.

Protection from extreme cold is another possible suit upgrade, but that protection will eventually wear down and then you’ll start taking damage in a cold planet.

You can create new technologies to upgrade yourself.

Exploring more allows you to survive better, as you find more technologies and resources. The longer you survive, the more you can access higher level content, like trading, which allows you to gather resources and bring them to an NPC or a space station or trading post.

There are a bunch of different races and factions. For a long time Hello Games wasn’t happy with the NPCs, so they didn’t know if they would be into the game at all. Now they feel that they make real sense within the world in their current implementation.

Aliens speak to you in their alien languages and you have to learn them. You can learn new words by chatting to them or finding relics.

The more you interact with NPCs the better standing you have with their race, as long as your behavior is positive. If you behave like a “jerk” you lower your standing with them.

The better your standing with the race is, the more options with them you open, like trading, buying ships and weapons, or even receiving things for free if they really like you.

Races have different specializations. Some are more military-focused, others have a more scientific focus and so forth. As a certain type of player you might favor certain races, and since they don’t all get along, you may have to choose who to side with. For instance, if you’re an explorer, you may want to ally yourself with a scientific race, to acquire their technology. They will also like you more by default, because exploring grants you tech, and scientific races like players that have more tech.

Cannot wait for this game to come out. This is my type of game too. I have a lot busier life than I did 5 years ago when I could sit down for hours playing games and getting into stories and such. Now I'm lucky if I get an hour a day to play anything. With NMS I'll be able to pop it in and explore and not have to follow a certain story, etc.

I can see were this type of game style wouldn't appeal to majority of gamers though. It's not a MMO or a game that you can really play with friends, and you'll be lucky if you even run across another player while playing. Other than trying to get to the center of the galaxy, there isn't really a main objective to this game. None of that bothers me though, because I just want to be able to turn on the game and explore a galaxy. I couldn't careless if I see another player the entire time I play this, I don't want a shooter-type game with this.

I can see were this type of game style wouldn't appeal to majority of gamers though. It's not a MMO or a game that you can really play with friends, and you'll be lucky if you even run across another player while playing. Other than trying to get to the center of the galaxy, there isn't really a main objective to this game. None of that bothers me though, because I just want to be able to turn on the game and explore a galaxy. I couldn't careless if I see another player the entire time I play this, I don't want a shooter-type game with this.

Yeah but what do gamers know? I think Minecraft is the dumbest sh_t I've ever played but MILLIONS obviously disagree with me. :p

Yeah but what do gamers know? I think Minecraft is the dumbest sh_t I've ever played but MILLIONS obviously disagree with me. :p

Yeah I used to play minecraft some. I never played the survival mode, I just liked to build stuff, but that's were I had the most fun playing FO4 was building settlements. I'm more of a casual gamer now. Back in the day I'd spend hours a day gaming on breaks from school. But having kids and working doesn't allow that anymore lol. I recently got The Witcher but haven't really got a chance to sit down and really get into it.

Another really good video explaining everything we know about No Man's Sky.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEcnAurBRo#t=760[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
Another really good video explaining everything we know about No Man's Sky.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEcnAurBRo#t=760[/youtube]

Really cannot wait for this game. Hard to believe that NMS is only about 3 months away. I've been waiting for it to come out for over a year now. It does seem like it will be a little overwhelming when you first start out. When I first heard about NMS I thought you could just jump in your ship and fly from solar system to solar system, which I thought would get boring. But after hearing the updates I don't think it will be as easy as that and there will actually be a challenge.

Another really good video that talks about what you can do in this universe.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89X_5WJcj9w&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Last edited:
22 minutes of gameplay. This game looks really good! I'm anxious to play this!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uMFHoF8VA#t=11[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
It looks like a revolutionary capability to generate so many different galaxies/worlds.

But I'm not sure if I'm excited to play a game where 99.9% of it won't be explored by anyone and chances are I won't run into other players.

Hoping it has an interesting story to help it along.

It looks like a revolutionary capability to generate so many different galaxies/worlds.

But I'm not sure if I'm excited to play a game where 99.9% of it won't be explored by anyone and chances are I won't run into other players.

Hoping it has an interesting story to help it along.

I wouldn't count on there being much of a story. Seems like it will be what you make it; much like mine craft

VN Store

Back