No American Flag?

Can you imagine how ape **** these morons would go if you rolled into town flying the Confederate flag on your gun racked Ford F250?

Reactions: 3 people
It's forced compliance. I don't have a practical choice in the matter.

Sure you do. Claim 99 dependents and the won't take any out. You are afraid of prison is what it comes down to. (I am too. I wouldn't do well there)

What if it's also stuff the country is doing in the present? I don't want them to ban the flag because I prefer freedom of speech but the government deserves none of my acceptance. I feel like accepting would be immoral.

Fine, you don't like what the country is doing? Change the paradigm by getting out, running for office, voting, building a business, joining the Peace Corps, going to places the supposed imperialistic Americans have scorched the earth in and assisting that way.

Sure, removing the flag is Free Speech and all that. But the conditions it comes under are highly suspect. And furthermore, six students decided this for the 11,000 on campus. Six. Let that sink in. Six people want to change your town's name to Hitler's Playpen. And you don't get a choice in the matter. You don't like it? Eff you and the horse you rode in on because we like this idea. And don't claim it's an apples to oranges comparison because it's the same principle. They are exercising their Right to free speech by changing the town's name to something they find appropriate and you can eat a big fat one if you don't like it.

Are you asking a question or making a statement? I'm not even sure what this incomplete sentence is in reference to. I agree that people are talking about government?

That the flag represents the government. You said it in your first post. Which is incorrect.

It's the flag of our nation. Nation ≠ government.

Fine, you don't like what the country is doing? Change the paradigm by getting out, running for office, voting, building a business, joining the Peace Corps, going to places the supposed imperialistic Americans have scorched the earth in and assisting that way.

Sure, removing the flag is Free Speech and all that. But the conditions it comes under are highly suspect. And furthermore, six students decided this for the 11,000 on campus. Six. Let that sink in. Six people want to change your town's name to Hitler's Playpen. And you don't get a choice in the matter. You don't like it? Eff you and the horse you rode in on because we like this idea. And don't claim it's an apples to oranges comparison because it's the same principle. They are exercising their Right to free speech by changing the town's name to something they find appropriate and you can eat a big fat one if you don't like it.

Banning the flag is not free speech. It's the opposite.

Nobody needs to be told how to oppose the immorality of the government. The beauty of the freedoms our forefathers fought for is that we can oppose government in various ways. They didn't make a government for us to revere. They made us a government that we could hopefully contain.

Reactions: 3 people
That the flag represents the government. You said it in your first post. Which is incorrect.

It's the flag of our nation. Nation ≠ government.

The flag is a symbol that represents more than what you want to restrict it to. Sorry.

Reactions: 1 person
Banning the flag is not free speech. It's the opposite.

Refusing to fly a flag or even burning the flag are protected under the First Amendment. That's the completely ironic portion of this whole ordeal. By banning a flag, they are exercising the Rights that are guaranteed under the same nation and Constitution that flag represents.

Trust me, the irony is not lost on me in this situation.

Nobody needs to be told how to oppose the immorality of the government. The beauty of the freedoms our forefathers fought for is that we can oppose government in various ways. They didn't make a government for us to revere. They made us a government that we could hopefully contain.

As Golf stated above, the flag represents a whole lot more than a corrupt government. It represents the people of this nation that came here to carve out a new and better life, for the opportunities we have, for the freedoms we take for granted. It represents the ideal of America that worldwide is seen as a better life.

I could almost flat guarantee none of those six would have any idea what that flag truly represents. It's not imperialism, it's way bigger than that.

The flag is a symbol that represents more than what you want to restrict it to. Sorry.

Wut?

Saying it just represents our government is being restrictive.

It represents much more than a collection of people in power at any given moment in time. It represent our nation. Hard to get much broader than that...

Wut?

Saying it just represents our government is being restrictive.

It represents much more than a collection of people in power at any given moment in time. It represent our nation. Hard to get much broader than that...

Who said it represents just government? Nothing I've said even implies that.

So a couple of student leaders vote to take down a single US flag in a single lobby of a single building on a very large campus that has other flags and we're acting like the whole campus is suffering? Are some here making a much bigger deal about this than need be? Vote 2 or more of these people out and change it back.

"remove the Stars & Stripes along with every other flag from the lobby of a complex housing the offices of the student government"

Reactions: 2 people
I can hate the government but still love America (and the flag). I can hate other Americans but still love America.

But hate America and you can just gtfo.

Reactions: 4 people
What evil does our flag represent?

The evil of pairing red, white and blue. Everyone knows the complimentary color for red is green. And the white needs to be more neutral. ..maybe a tope or an ecru.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back