NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16

5 seed in this projection. But they also have Vandy AND Arkansas in the NCAAT.

Bracketology - NCAA Tournament / NIT Predictions

I would say that's about right if they can win one game in the SECT. I'd say ~4th or ~5th seed in the NIT with a victory in the first game of the tourney. Hope they can get up to 4th so they can host at least one game. By the way, Arkansas is a yes to NCAAT but I don't see Vandy getting in the NCAAT. They would have to win the SECT to get in that's my opinion.

Last edited:
NIT 7th seed.

I think that TN will be invited to the CBI with a 15-17 or a 16-16 record. 17-15 (or better) and they'll be invited to the NIT. 16-16 might even get the NIT invitation.

In my opinion, I think they might already be out of an NIT bid. That's unless they can win one game in the SECT. They do that & they're back into the conversation for the NIT.

Too many bad losses & playing too bad here towards the end of the season is the main reasons I think they might be out of the NIT now with that record. I don't even like watching them play anymore. It wasn't like that just 6-8 games ago.

They were pretty fun to watch then. Both Turner & Bone's games have regressed instead of improving. Mainly with the turnover issues. Hubbs & Williams have been the only steady players but Williams has fell off in the last 3-4 games himself.

Nobody is really playing well right now & I mean nobody. Hubbs is playing the best still but he's missing a lot of shots. Glad to have Bowden back though for sure.

As much as it would help, I'd decline the cbi.

I didn't think we qualify for the CBI myself. Isn't that for mid-major schools now? I thought they changed that tourney to where no P5 conference teams can participate. I could be wrong but that's what I thought anyhow. Maybe that's for the CIT. Thanks.

Last edited:
I didn't think we qualified for the CBI myself. Isn't that for mid-major schools now? I thought they changed that tourney to where no P5 conference teams can participate. I could be wrong but that's what I thought anyhow. Maybe that's for the CIT. Thanks.

I remember that too, I can't remember exactly which it was neither.

The CIT is the one geared toward mid-majors. The CBI is mostly mid-majors but has had some P5 schools. Oregon, Oregon St., and Pitt have all won it.

NIT #7 seed as of 3/6. TN probably will need a bunch of regular season 1-bid conference champions to also win their conference tournaments. More than 5 or 6 that don't and TN might have to beat Kentucky to make the NIT.

Missing the NIT:
NYC Buckets

They have to play UGA first. Don't they have to beat them 1st which isn't likely more than it is likely? If they lose in the 1st round of the SECT I don't think they make the NIT or barely slide in as a #8 seed.

Win against UGA & they're in I believe no matter what. Probably as a #6 or #7 seed. They win their next game against Kentucky then that might bump them into a #4 or #5 seed in the NIT.

They have to play UGA first. Don't they have to beat them 1st which isn't likely more than it is likely? If they lose in the 1st round of the SECT I don't think they make the NIT or barely slide in as a #8 seed.

Win against UGA & they're in I believe no matter what. Probably as a #6 or #7 seed. They win their next game against Kentucky then that might bump them into a #4 or #5 seed in the NIT.

Yes. I think they're in the NIT with a GA win. I don't think that TN has to beat KY.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys are getting to ahead , Tennessee still has beat Georgia and that won't be an easy task .

You guys are getting to ahead , Tennessee still has beat Georgia and that won't be an easy task .

I already stated that a couple of posts back.

I wonder where this puts UNCG at now? NIT probably as a top 4 seed probably TGO? They do have a solid record with only 5 losses.

I already stated that a couple of posts back.

I wonder where this puts UNCG at now? NIT probably as a top 4 seed probably TGO? They do have a solid record with only 5 losses.

I've not really been following the brackets. I'm just hoping that there are very few 1-bid conference regular season champs that don't also win their tournaments. One of those bracket projection links above indicated that there are typically going to be 8 or 9 of those. We need there to only be 4 or 5. Also might need some of those 2nd four out of the NCAAT teams to be one-and-dones in their tourneys.

I've not really been following the brackets. I'm just hoping that there are very few 1-bid conference regular season champs that don't also win their tournaments. One of those bracket projection links above indicated that there are typically going to be 8 or 9 of those. We need there to only be 4 or 5. Also might need some of those 2nd four out of the NCAAT teams to be one-and-dones in their tourneys.

Let me ask you this GTO? Do you think we have to beat UGA to get into the NIT? Is it a must win for us to make it there? I think so but I've seen others say it's not a must win.

The NIT will not take teams under or at .500 at all now. As a matter of fact, they like teams to be 2-3 games above .500 in recent years. Thanks.

VN Store

Back