NIT Bracketology

One more post: I think one of Cincinnati/Seton Hall misses the tournament, and I think LSU sneaks in. I think the Big East gets 8 out of 16, and the SEC will get 6 out of 12. They're pretty much equal, imo. With my bias, I say the SEC is better.

if it goes that way then yea i'll give you that, but i dont see that happening.

so if it does we can revisit this, but in the meantime with the number of teams in each conference creating such a disparity in how you are able to grade each conference this is all we really have to go off.

what percent of teams from each conference make the dance. if they both end up at 50% then you absolutely have a legitimate point, but if big east is 9/16 and sec 5/12 i dont think its an arguement.

with that said though, i hope that the sec gets 6 because thatd give tennessee a much better shot at making the dance if they were to win out, and win 2 or 3 in the sec t. ALSO, nobodys saying that big east couldnt get 9 and the sec 6, the pac 12 is so horrible they could realistically end up with 1 or 2 teams in the dance.

TIFWIW

(1) Beat Austin Peay (2) Beat Memphis in Hawaii (3) Beat Mississippi State (4) Beat UGA in Athens (5) beat Ky by 2 and not lose by 2, and we punch our own ticket.

All of the above mentioned loses, were by 3 points or less. Very close margin between us being in the NCAA tourney and out of it.
It is often said that football is a game of inches, well then basketball is a game
of........

....points?

No, it's not. The Big East is a paper tiger with three good teams and a bunch of mediocre ones. One of those three good teams (Marquette) got thrashed by Vanderbilt at home and lost to LSU. The Big East will get the most teams into the tournament, like usual, but don't forget that's because it has the most teams.

The ACC is weak. UNC and Duke are still pretty good, but neither of them are any where near Kentucky. Florida State is pretty good, but they're way more erratic than either Florida or Vanderbilt. Virginia is a similar team to Alabama in that they don't score too well but they play tight defense. But, where the SEC is better than the ACC is at the bottom... This will put it in perspective: South Carolina beat Clemson at Clemson.

UNC and Duke are right there with UK. To say the FSU is not better than Florida is a joke FSU is better than the next 4 teams after UK. Virginia is not a pushover either. To say their a Bama is rediculous. The ACC right now is three or four teams better than the SEC.

One of the things that helps UT is the fact that the Pac-12 is horrible and likely to get only 1 or 2 teams in the big dance whereas they ususally get 4 or 5 in the tourney.

This is a big IF: win the rest of our regular season games and then win at least one tournament game. If we win the remaining reg season games, we need to put a pretty decent beatdown on Vandy

The team would have to win more than 1 sec tournament game

Exactly. We'd have to win atleast 2, and the 2nd gane would need to be against vandy or Florida because of their high rpi.

I'm personally a bit more of the opinion that the team would have to at least make the tournament finals (possibly win them as well), but I understand what you're saying

I'm personally a bit more of the opinion that the team would have to at least make the tournament finals (possibly win them as well), but I understand what you're saying

If we go 4-0 were gonna get a bye most likely, so it's still only 2 games before the chsmpionship.

UNC and Duke are right there with UK. To say the FSU is not better than Florida is a joke FSU is better than the next 4 teams after UK. Virginia is not a pushover either. To say their a Bama is rediculous. The ACC right now is three or four teams better than the SEC.
Florida beat Florida State by 18... Lol.

Here's the Big East/SEC season series:

Kentucky vs. St John's - Kentucky (SEC - 1)
Kentucky vs. Louisville - Kentucky (SEC - 2)
Florida vs. Syracuse - Syracuse (Big East - 1)
Florida vs. Rutgers - Rutgers (Big East - 2)
Vanderbilt vs. Louisville - Louisville (Big East - 3)
Vanderbilt vs. Marquette - Vanderbilt (SEC - 3)
Alabama vs. Georgetown - Georgetown (Big East - 4)
LSU vs. Rutgers - LSU (SEC - 4)
LSU vs. Marquette - LSU (SEC - 5)
Tennessee vs. Pitt - Pitt (Big East - 5)
Tennessee vs. UConn - Tennessee (SEC - 6)
Mississippi State vs. West Virginia - Mississippi State (SEC - 7)
Arkansas vs. Uconn - UConn (Big East - 6)
Ole Miss vs. Marquette - Marquette (Big East - 7)
Ole Miss vs. DePaul - Ole Miss (SEC - 8)
Auburn vs. Seton Hall - Seton Hall (Big East - 8)
Auburn vs. South Florida - Auburn (SEC - 9)
Georgia vs. Notre Dame - Georgia (SEC - 10)
Georgia vs. Cincinnati - Cincinnati (Big East - 10)
South Carolina vs. Providence - Providence (Big East - 10)

Yep, it's 10-10.

VN Store

Back